Austrian Alps september 2020

Gerontious

Via Clervaux I hope!

Aaarrggghhh :(

https://i.imgur.com/0l3JtrL.jpg' alt='IMGUR>'>

Love that ride into Neuerburg from Sinspelt.

[Video footage redacted]

Stahp :((((

Have a great time Big Man, and stay out of Switzerland and Czech Republic because they've just been added to the quarantine list :thumb:

I think I recognise that. I think I ended up there when I went off on my own.

Having a lazy day today after 2 days of mostly motorway... and then the very VERY twisty ride across Luxembourg. The road south from the hotel is a stunner so after breakfast I followed it south then turned off and went to bollendorf, crossed briefly into Luxembourg then back by a different route to the hotel for lunch. Wild boar goulash. Later, after the meal has gone down I’m going to have a look at a castle in the next valley, it’s up a dead end road off the B50 that we pass frequently but haven’t bothered with. Shedloads of bikers out today warm and dry just a tad cloudy.

Tomorrow back into the swing of things. Hotel restaurant is closed after breakfast so I’ll be out all day. I’ll think about where tonight.

Completely alone at the hotel this morning which is a bizarre experience!! It rained or drizzled overnight but is set to be dry today though very overcast. 12c now 16c later, so not bad. Going to dawdle over breakfast until the local excuse for a rush hour is finished. No boiled egg!! Instead I got an omelette, which was very tasty. As well as all the usual, including yet more wild boar smoked ham. Apparently the hunting was good this year and with the hotel closed for two months there was little else to do than kill local wildlife and smoke it in his own smokehouse, which he is very proud of. Apparently. Eating what is effectively raw pork does take some getting used to. So, anyway... restaurant is shut today so no reason to be here. Or hurry back. I’ll have a wander down to the Mosel valley a little later and follow it east. Just following my nose and see where I end up.

Road is already dry.

Edit... heading south and pulled over for a drink and the sun is out. The sky is blue and I’m surrounded by hills that spoil the view. Next stop the Moselweinstrasse.

Stopped for a coffee, warm with the occasional spots of rain, like being two cars back from someone spraying their windscreen. Following the Mosel and went under the new B50 bridge, which is bloody impressive for what is a fairly normal, though busy dual carriageway. Climbed the north bank to try and get a decent photo. And another from a very little used bridge. I should be hungry but breakfast was even hugerer than normal!!

BDA705A7-112C-4057-B5B1-F9DD6F9E0091.thumb.jpeg.3712cac5313725e2b624628ec8d8b2a3.jpeg0DD4E4C2-8CF2-43CC-92D1-B65B491C57F2.thumb.jpeg.e09f989209e4033c15bd7d57c53dbd24.jpeg

Back at the Hotel as I need to eat and am too tight to eat out. Saray grill is closed today so will pop to the supermarket at the other end of the village In a bit. Just made myself a coffee using the camping stove. This is the life. Tomorrow after breakfast saying goodby till next time to the Schloss and heading south to join the B500 at its start on the bridge over the Rhine then following it south as far as I can manage. Hopefully to Titisee. And see what the weather is like. Maybe stay a day or two then continue east for the German Alpine road. ODO is at 780 miles from my front door. Been alright today aside from A sharp summer downpour, I watched it from a Conditorei. Raspberry/Choco Torte mit Kaffee. :booty:

Lovely this morning

95A1B6E4-ADBD-4842-8B98-7E998684FF13.thumb.jpeg.4d564d106897dbd3e870dec3ed8df42e.jpeg

Raspberry/Choco Torte mit Kaffee.

und sahne, I trust. Sounds delicious.

Half a mint magnum for me after a stroll along the (utterly empty) beach. Loverly, but not as loverly as the B500.

Guest Richzx6r

Just pulled over for a 5 minute break. Currently in a little town that is heavy on the medieval called Dahn. 38 miles from the start of the B500 suns out and it’s Hot!!

Sounds like you are having a very good start to the trip mate, hope it continues :cheers:

The omelette for breakfast just ain't right..

I did point that out. Apparently they are only geared to boil eggs by the dozen. Just one caused mayhem in the kitchen. I’ve pulled over again for an espresso at some random place. I’m just 500m from the french border apparently. Anyway the bill for3 nights. One dinner. One lunch. Plus the bar bill came to €139. That for a double room on the first floor, at the far end. I think you had the one above last time, onwards and upwards. Next stop that viewpoint we were at all those years ago. Using the tunnel to get under and past Baden Baden.

A name to strike terror. Mummelsee. Unfortunately internet’s not all that good up here and photos won’t upload. Anyway, not hanging about as it’s a tad chilly up here. 1019m I can see rain, but it’s south of me. The tunnel was closed so obviously I got lost. Wasn’t following the sat nav just signs, missed a turning and had to turn back. But back on course. 3:20 now and I’m 73 miles from Titisee. Should be there about 6. (Ish)

View from up here is just as stunning as I remember but there’s a lot of low cloud to the south to spoil the view of the Rhein valley. Now to get past Mummelsee in one piece!!

I made it past without incident or drama, rode the B500 all the way, but used the fast road to link the two parts and passed another konditorei and couldn’t resist. Just a big standard Sahn Tortefrom hell with a very passable coffee. Now at Camping Bankenhof near Titisee. Quite a posh campsite this one. At the moment there’s a 40% chance of rain tomorrow afternoon so will see if that changes and make a decision in the morning about staying or carrying on.

Decent WiFi here so, some photos

DA900F86-4D7C-4D1F-8F6F-B4AF3332D09B.thumb.jpeg.990bd6910885eae45804883884a06aca.jpeg

057E6A2B-CF65-491A-8858-8A13CE7D10D4.thumb.jpeg.a75104497829378967c602b6144ab3fa.jpeg

AE388E0D-AA28-4F5D-B40E-BAADADE4DAA7.thumb.jpeg.f421122d3933c16a06c7631332a24a0b.jpeg

6F80E208-FC64-432C-98F5-ABA07B0473F6.thumb.jpeg.0d6556f5a72e4642de955fbdc8fdf0c8.jpeg

F7B056F6-388D-4FB3-B25B-A6AB66F0D2AE.thumb.jpeg.69c6a8b2c9b96f692992cb89fe4bf020.jpeg