What you doing this weekend?

Not bike related? Talk about it here!
User avatar
Tankbag
Subscriber
Posts: 3255
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 11:16 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Hayabusa Gen1
Location: South Staffordshire
Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 620 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by Tankbag » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:26 am

Richzx6r wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:28 pm
Tankbag wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:59 pm
Heads up, I'm forming a massive queue tomorrow A5 - A494 - A470 - A496 leaving Cannock about 11am. Feel free to overtake me :thumb: Caravan has a thinkbike sticker in the rear bog window, gives us a honk
Can we give it a quick kick on the way past :thumb:
No ! I'm not insured for ' hooligans ' :lol:
Image

In the Buff HERE = viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73218

Richzx6r
Posts: 3855
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Challenge score: 30
Has liked: 3652 times
Been liked: 1252 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by Richzx6r » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:37 am

Tankbag wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:26 am
Richzx6r wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:28 pm
Tankbag wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:59 pm
Heads up, I'm forming a massive queue tomorrow A5 - A494 - A470 - A496 leaving Cannock about 11am. Feel free to overtake me :thumb: Caravan has a thinkbike sticker in the rear bog window, gives us a honk
Can we give it a quick kick on the way past :thumb:
No ! I'm not insured for ' hooligans ' :lol:
I'll not ride past then :lol:
Its better when its loaded

User avatar
rennie
Moderator
Posts: 34793
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda VFR1200f
Location: Telford/ Smethwick
Challenge score: 330
Has liked: 4078 times
Been liked: 1292 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by rennie » Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:10 am

Tankbag wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:59 pm
Heads up, I'm forming a massive queue tomorrow A5 - A494 - A470 - A496 leaving Cannock about 11am. Feel free to overtake me :thumb: Caravan has a thinkbike sticker in the rear bog window, gives us a honk
Enjoy! :thumb:
Ian.
hoggs bonus 1/15
west midlands2/12
Pubs complete
Churches complete

User avatar
manxie49
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:49 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha MT10 & Honda CRF250
Location: Isle of Man
Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 461 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by manxie49 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:03 pm

Headed over to the West of the Island to Peel for the Classic and custom bike show, nice little ride down the lanes .... I just loved the dog on traffic duty (see video) :D
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you don't like Motorcycles, you won't like me .... And I'm OK with that!

User avatar
Gerontious
Posts: 2751
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:59 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda Africa Twin
Location: Misty hills of Mapperley
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 1732 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by Gerontious » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:43 pm

If all goes to plan I could be in pizzaland. No, not that one. The other one. :mrgreen:
A wonderful thing is work, I could watch it all day.

skyrider
Posts: 3126
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 787 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by skyrider » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:13 pm

manxie49 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:03 pm
Headed over to the West of the Island to Peel for the Classic and custom bike show, nice little ride down the lanes .... I just loved the dog on traffic duty (see video) :D
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
peel is a great place how is the marine doing for food is it still as good, queenies in garlic last time i was in there :D
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

User avatar
manxie49
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:49 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha MT10 & Honda CRF250
Location: Isle of Man
Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 461 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by manxie49 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:50 am

skyrider wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:13 pm
manxie49 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:03 pm
Headed over to the West of the Island to Peel for the Classic and custom bike show, nice little ride down the lanes .... I just loved the dog on traffic duty (see video) :D
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
peel is a great place how is the marine doing for food is it still as good, queenies in garlic last time i was in there :D
Definitely still a good lunch time stop over, a favourite with the local bikers :thumb:
If you don't like Motorcycles, you won't like me .... And I'm OK with that!

User avatar
XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Posts: 5778
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 2260 times
Been liked: 2954 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by XTreme » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:09 pm

manxie49 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:50 am
skyrider wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:13 pm
manxie49 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:03 pm
Headed over to the West of the Island to Peel for the Classic and custom bike show, nice little ride down the lanes .... I just loved the dog on traffic duty (see video) :D
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
peel is a great place how is the marine doing for food is it still as good, queenies in garlic last time i was in there :D
Definitely still a good lunch time stop over, a favourite with the local bikers :thumb:
Nice quality! What cam is that?

User avatar
manxie49
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:49 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha MT10 & Honda CRF250
Location: Isle of Man
Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 461 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by manxie49 » Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:52 pm

XTreme wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:09 pm
manxie49 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:50 am
skyrider wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:13 pm
peel is a great place how is the marine doing for food is it still as good, queenies in garlic last time i was in there :D
Definitely still a good lunch time stop over, a favourite with the local bikers :thumb:
Nice quality! What cam is that?
Its a Ghost Drift 4k, I've just been experimenting with a wired microphone, the sound quality, if using the built in mike (for motorcycling at least) was abysmal, wired mike seems to cut down on wind noise depending on where its mounted. I had the camera mounted on my helmet.
If you don't like Motorcycles, you won't like me .... And I'm OK with that!

User avatar
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Posts: 3470
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Location: Near Oulton Park
Has liked: 843 times
Been liked: 2305 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:52 am

The plans for the weekend are shaping up. Friday, a bimble round Bala then up to Beddgelert and back over the Denbigh Moors. The hard decision is whether to stoke up at Old Stores on the way out, stop at Rhug farm shop cafe midway, or try a new place on the way home.

Could always do all three.

Saturday is sailing our two hander as the weather looks good. My kit will have just about dried out from last night's very blustery race by then.

Sunday working as usual but it's forecast rain so in the afternoon I'll be working on the model railway @dynax made me buy. A N gauge layout on a 160x80 base. Gives me something to play with when the weather is foul. Plus as a trainee grandad I need to get into the role.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

User avatar
dynax
Subscriber
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:47 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget, Florence (WIP)
Location: Doncaster
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 1314 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by dynax » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:59 am

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:52 am
The plans for the weekend are shaping up. Friday, a bimble round Bala then up to Beddgelert and back over the Denbigh Moors. The hard decision is whether to stoke up at Old Stores on the way out, stop at Rhug farm shop cafe midway, or try a new place on the way home.

Could always do all three.

Saturday is sailing our two hander as the weather looks good. My kit will have just about dried out from last night's very blustery race by then.

Sunday working as usual but it's forecast rain so in the afternoon I'll be working on the model railway @dynax made me buy. A N gauge layout on a 160x80 base. Gives me something to play with when the weather is foul. Plus as a trainee grandad I need to get into the role.
I love helping people spend their money :lol: I noticed you registered on railway forum i haven't been on it for some time, but once i get somewhere with mine i will be back on, keep up the good work :thumb:
Mike, just cruising around with Xena 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmihUc ... subscriber

User avatar
husoi
Posts: 983
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:14 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda Pam European ST1300 (08);Honda VT700c Shadow
Location: Fife, Scotland
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 564 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by husoi » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:30 am

Depending on the weather and if I can get the VT all together I'll either be going for a ride or finish off my trailer :)
Can always take the ST1300 if the VT isn't ready ;)
All my food only eat vegetables. So, I'm an indirect vegetarian :cool:

All problems have a solution.
You just need to figure it out :)

User avatar
dynax
Subscriber
Posts: 3562
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:47 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget, Florence (WIP)
Location: Doncaster
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 1314 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by dynax » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:47 am

I don't know yet, we had the bathroom made into a wet room last week and flooring got finished a couple of days ago, so the bathroom needs painting now, but i also want to make a vanity unit to go under the sink it's a pedestal type and also want to make a radiator cover both of which will be painted and lacquered, all depends on the weather as i will need to work outside, or i could say bollox and go fishing :lol: :thumb:
Mike, just cruising around with Xena 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmihUc ... subscriber

User avatar
XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Posts: 5778
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 2260 times
Been liked: 2954 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by XTreme » Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:08 am

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:52 am
in the afternoon I'll be working on the model railway @dynax made me buy. A N gauge layout on a 160x80 base. Gives me something to play with when the weather is foul. Plus as a trainee grandad I need to get into the role.
Be interested to see how that takes shape MB.

User avatar
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Posts: 3470
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Location: Near Oulton Park
Has liked: 843 times
Been liked: 2305 times

Re: What you doing this weekend?

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:45 pm

XTreme wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:08 am
Be interested to see how that takes shape MB.
I've being playing with a programme that allows you to design layouts and creates a list of all the parts needed. I won't go into all the gory details here about track codes etc. It can't be a realistic layout of course because it's a simple double loop - but we have a disused railway line near us that has old stations on it and used to run to the local salt works (where all the rock salt for the roads in winter comes from. So I'm hoping to create something that echoes that. It would have a local passenger line alongside a freight line. The salt works would be towards the bottom right.

It's my first attempt so there's probably loads wrong with it though. The whole thing measures 1534mmx715mm so it will fit onto my 1600x800 board.
SCARM 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Mississippi Bullfrog, onesea and 11 guests