What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Went on the key worker appreciation lap of the TT course yesterday, it was to celebrate the the hard work of all key workers during this pandemic, not just Health, but everyone. It should have been the Festival of motorcycling last week which was cancelled so it was good to see so many bikers turning out for the event, decent weather as well which is a bonus....

Bugger, only just seen this, 2 of the grand kiddies had sleep over with us last night & were booked for dinner at 13:00, otherwise I’d have been there.

Took the wife down to the Super Sausage for breaky...and it was heaving at 10am. They didn't take card at the outside hatch, so we loaded up and went off to Jack's Hill instead - which was as awful as it's ever been. Honestly, instant coffee? Who drinks instant coffee?

And I know I'm no Slimcea Girl winner, but my god the wife has packed on enough cakes to make the suspension unhappy. The clue was when she said her expensive jacket was too small and she'd never worn it. Err, she used to wear it and it was fine. But no, it's the jacket's fault. :lol:

Took the wife down to the Super Sausage for breaky...and it was heaving at 10am. They didn't take card at the outside hatch, so we loaded up and went off to Jack's Hill instead - which was as awful as it's ever been. Honestly, instant coffee? Who drinks instant coffee?

I drink instant tastes better than some of the garbage that is supposed to be fresh :lol:

Went to the Bikers Market event at Fillongly . There wasn't a lot there to honest but I managed to score a pair of Hagon shocks for the ER5 for a tenner . Ok they've seen better days but they're much better than what's on it . I got my neighbor to take them home for me while I took a meandering trip to Sally's Place Cafe on the Malvern Hills for the finest BLT you'll ever eat and a homemade Rock Cake .

IMG_20200830_164438507.thumb.jpg.70ce665d23f1b027903841ca3669e04a.jpg

Well after getting caught in a thunderstorm in Suffolk/Norfolk border 2 week's ago, finally managed to get it home and dry out the electrics and get the Vfr back up and running after a total electrical failure!!!!

Test ride tomorrow with mate's!! Just in case 😉.

IMG_20200825_135638812.jpg

Well it started!! rode down the drive and got about 40 feet down the road and it stopped!!!!, flicked it into neutral and it started :D Put it in gear and it F!!!!!g STOPPED again.

Pushed it back into Garage jumped on the 400 and went for Breakfast. Quick look this afternoon, sidestand switch has now packed up :evil:

Luckily got a spare on the other VFR.

I drink instant tastes better than some of the garbage that is supposed to be fresh :lol:

Detest instant coffee and certainly wouldn't pay for it out. Some coffee can be pretty vile though especially if it's filtered and then left on a hot plate for a while. Truly horrible then. As I've said before I am a terrible coffee snob.😁

You have no taste.

Guest Richzx6r

I tensioned the chain and lubed it then went in search of the mystery oil leak....ended up being the oil filter was leaking very slightly and the oil in the sight glass looks very horrible almost like murky water with abit of mud in it so I definitely think it needs changing asap

My wife usually declines my invitations to go down for super sausage. :lol:

Just spent less than 15 minutes checking oil,water, cleaning brake discs, cleaning and oiling chain, cleaning tyres and doing pressures, not a lot of time for some basic maintenance and checks :thumb:

@dynax the fact remains if ou treated a chines bike and a Japanese second hand one the same the already older Japanese bike is likely to outlast the Chinese bike.

If you mistreat them the factor of outlasting would

Be higher.

Sitting on your high horse might make you feel good but older person slams younger generation is a nonsensical

Story told since long before you were born. It’s no more accurate because it’s you telling it than it was when you parents and grandparent said generations were saying it.

@dynax the fact remains if ou treated a chines bike and a Japanese second hand one the same the already older Japanese bike is likely to outlast the Chinese bike.

If you mistreat them the factor of outlasting would

Be higher.

Sitting on your high horse might make you feel good but older person slams younger generation is a nonsensical

Story told since long before you were born. It’s no more accurate because it’s you telling it than it was when you parents and grandparent said generations were saying it.

Who's on a high horse, i just stated a fact of what i did in under 15 mins, it's nothing special or clever and i do the same on my 18 year old CG :cheers:

Maybe she’s loading up on meat when you’re not about?

“The bloke is coming to fix the fence at 12, he’s asked if someone can help,” she said.

At 11:45 I was just off to the Rushden Classic show instead. I’m not paying someone to do a job I end up having to do half of.

Some nice machines in Rushden. A GPz305, don’t see many of them anymore. A gaggle of 400/4s - I swear these are still being produced and sold, there’s always a shedload of them everywhere. Some bastardised old Beemer twins and CXs...which, when I come to power, will be an offence punishable by painful death. And a load of things either leaking oil or looking like polishing is a full time job.

All in all a good day trip out bar the bloody music. I hate most rawk music, it’s tedious and dull, especially when played through tinny speakers distorting all the treble. I wish people who run these events would play better tunes; a bit of Kylie or Girls Aloud or something. Anything. Anything but rawk.

Just spent less than 15 minutes checking oil,water, cleaning brake discs, cleaning and oiling chain, cleaning tyres and doing pressures, not a lot of time for some basic maintenance and checks :thumb:

Teach me your secret to a quick turnaround :scratch:

Maybe she’s loading up on meat when you’re not about?

I doubt it, she's a vegan you twat.

Edited by CrossbreedCycles

Spent several hours out on the bike today and went on some great roads in Surrey,Sussex and Hampshire, the new tyres feel great on it, I hate to say it but I think it might even be a sweeter handling bike than the Aprilia was!.