Debris and Devastation as a career path?

XTreme

This relates to my abandoned stuff.......because over the weekend a UK bike mag asked if they could use my vids and pics etc. I told them just use what you want.....I'm not bothered.

Then someone said to me on FB that I should post my railway ones on one of the Abandoned Railway groups. I didn't even know they existed.....so I found a UK one this morning, introduced myself, and posted the Gor report.

And they've gone crazy over it! Over 200 hits in about 30 minutes! One asked me for costs and dates for the tours, another one suggested I organise a website and a book deal, and one even advised that I should make a TV documentary.

I found that one funny......just imagine the voiceovers with my accent: "Got a f@cking station by yer like......and it's well f@cked mush. Some dirty c@nt has had a shit over by there like! I'm f@cking tamping now! I'm not being funny like....but they need a f@cking twatting."

Anyway, I told them it's just an OAP out wobbling around on a Parts Bin Special and going to unusual locations.......not The Long Way Round!

I haven't put anything on any Dark Tourism or Urbex groups......or it might get completely out of hand. I'll end up with a load of f@cking weirdos turning up here expecting me to hold their hands.

But it seems like Debris and Devastation could be a career path for somebody......so I've grabbed the domain darkmotorcycling.com just in case.

If you desperately need someone to lead these little trips out in exchange for decent full time pay, food and private lodgings then I reluctantly offer my services. I might even manage to tighten the chain sometimes to save you some money on the servicing costs :thumb:

If you desperately need someone to lead these little trips out in exchange for decent full time pay, food and private lodgings then I reluctantly offer my services. I might even manage to tighten the chain sometimes to save you some money on the servicing costs :thumb:

If anybody's qualified to lead a tour based around despair it's probably [mention]dynax[/mention].

If anybody's qualified to lead a tour based around despair it's probably @dynax.

If i had the inclination :lol: i have enough of my own whims to focus on :thumb:

If it wasn't for the wife's job I'd be over and doing this ahorita. Such potential, COVID notwithstanding. Get a six bed house, somewhere for bike parking - bang, guided tours. Mix in a couple of other things and you have a business right there.

If it wasn't for the wife's job I'd be over and doing this ahorita. Such potential, COVID notwithstanding. Get a six bed house, somewhere for bike parking - bang, guided tours. Mix in a couple of other things and you have a business right there.

That window of opportunity closes in 4 months Dave!

Non-EU have to demonstrate an income of around €30K a year plus have private health insurance. Per person.

Non-EU have to demonstrate an income of around €30K a year plus have private health insurance. Per person.

It'll be a stretch but I think I could do it for that. By the way the 6 bed mansion can be a cave house if it helps you out, all I ask is for all services to be connected and at least 50mbps Internet (you probably know it better as 50,000,000 baud).

No......if you turn your personal interest/hobby into work then you've lost the only outlet that you've got Ian.

Yes it's not going to be easy but a worldwide recession is no time to be enjoying yourself, have to take the work where you can get it.. :crybaby:

just imagine the voiceovers with my accent: "Got a f@cking station by yer like......and it's well f@cked mush. Some dirty c@nt has had a shit over by there like! I'm f@cking tamping now! I'm not being funny like....but they need a f@cking twatting."

Please, please, please do this XT. It would bring joy to the world.

Please.

just imagine the voiceovers with my accent: "Got a f@cking station by yer like......and it's well f@cked mush. Some dirty c@nt has had a shit over by there like! I'm f@cking tamping now! I'm not being funny like....but they need a f@cking twatting."

Please.

OK Fro........next opportunity I'll put a voice-over track on it!

Please.

OK Fro........next opportunity I'll put a voice-over track on it!

Like! :thumb:

My window of opportunity closed when we came back to this shithole country and the wife got a better career than mine.

...And there's my reason for abusing alcohol in industrial quantities.

My window of opportunity closed when we came back to this shithole country and the wife got a better career than mine.

...And there's my reason for abusing alcohol in industrial quantities.

Damn! You never know though Dave......things could change in the future.

Where were you before?

I'd love to do that kind of thing, love riding the bike and why not get paid to do it

I dunno though Rich.......imagine having to babysit a bunch of knuckledragging, whinging bellends?

And for the Dark stuff it just breaks the whole vibe of the visit!

As you've seen on those clips.....particularly the last one......you're alone going into the unknown.

Guest Richzx6r

I'd love to do that kind of thing, love riding the bike and why not get paid to do it

I dunno though Rich.......imagine having to babysit a bunch of knuckledragging, whinging bellends?

As you've seen on those clips.....particularly the last one......you're alone going into the unknown.

That is true but if the money was right

People won't pay.....cheap rules! I don't think any motorcycle tour companies are doing great business.

Now you got Covid.....and Brexit......and it's even more difficult.

Guest Richzx6r

People won't pay.....cheap rules! I don't think any motorcycle tour companies are doing great business.

Now you got Covid.....and Brexit......and it's even more difficult.

Well they can't expect a guided tour to be free :scratch:

I dunno though Rich.......imagine having to babysit a bunch of knuckledragging, whinging bellends.

Perfect training for being a Mod on this forum!

I dunno though Rich.......imagine having to babysit a bunch of knuckledragging, whinging bellends.

Perfect training for being a Mod on this forum!

I'd say perfect attributes to be a Mod on this forum.

[mention]rennie[/mention] excepted of course.

I took a look on a couple of Urbex groups on FaceButt! What weird people!

They don't post locations.....everything's secret......and they approach visiting locations (usually in groups) as if it's a military campaign.

WTF is that all about?

The guys on the abandoned railway group are great though......surprising how many of them are actually bikers as well.

I took a look on a couple of Urbex groups on FaceButt! What weird people!

They don't post locations.....everything's secret......and they approach visiting locations (usually in groups) as if it's a military campaign.

WTF is that all about?

Yeah, they are a really weird cliquey lot. I used to be on 28dayslater - it's fair when someone finds something unique and wants to prevent the world and his wife tramping round the place.

Some are tight lipped about very easily found or common knowledge stuff which is odd. Plus, there's an expectation to post a massive wall of text about the history of the place you're reporting on. Just show me the f*cling pics!

P.s. anyone want to know about anything in SE Kent, just hit me up. ;-)