Smelly Boots?

OK so the boots are starting to kick up a bit, so I'm currently using some teabags (PG's finest) which do help to keep them under control to some degree.

What's you're process?

Fish

Dettol spray and wear works for me. If the boots get wet in the winter I tend to put newspaper in first to dry them out. The spray is good for your lid too. In both cases make sure you give them time to dry out before putting them away.

1514626043_8ed81e95-371e-4e7c-be10-ef8e8e4d6a0c.__CR00300400_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpeg.9cbc94651ea3d3b1a702b0cb2f850d70.jpeg

Geranium oil, just a few drops in the shoe and it will stay fresh for weeks.

I worked with a bloke and his trainers stank, they'd make me want to vomit, it was honestly like he was wearing roadkill on his feet, I gave him a bottle of geranium oil, problem solved.

Guest Richzx6r

I worked with a bloke and his trainers stank, they'd make me want to vomit, it was honestly like he was wearing roadkill on his feet, I gave him a bottle of geranium oil, problem solved.

We've got Alan titchmarsh here I think :scratch:

We've got Alan titchmarsh here I think :scratch:

No, I raided the wife's aromatherapy oils. They used thyme oil for trench foot in WW1, I tried that too but found geranium better.

Also orange or lemon oil is second to none for getting old stickers and decals off.

Just put some mint in the boots and leave it there.

Other things that you can use:

Lemon peel or slices (known to kill germs)

cinnamon stick (removes odour and keeps spiders away)

used tea bag (herb ones)

drops of tree tea oil (strong anti-bacterial)

You haven't even begun with smelly boots until you've had the pleasure of of travelling in a car in which a pair of sailing boots have been left.

The key thing is to use something to kill the bacteria and make sure they get thoroughly dried (but do it slowly so as not to damage the leather).

I use very hot water with disinfectant and then dry them gently.

You haven't even begun with smelly boots until you've had the pleasure of of travelling in a car in which a pair of sailing boots have been left.

Ah but for the full pleasure of that you need the sails, wetsuit, outboard and wet dog that's been playing in the mud.

Last time I took my car to the car wash they cursed (in Polish but it was obvious).

Fabreeze would be my answer to boots.

For the car, you are simply not welcome at the same carwash twice.

Mine only start to stink after riding in the good old winter weather, when they get soaked. I usually pack them with paper to dry them out and spray the insides with febreeze once they're dry, seems to do the trick.

Ah but for the full pleasure of that you need the sails, wetsuit, outboard and wet dog that's been playing in the mud.

Last time I took my car to the car wash they cursed (in Polish but it was obvious).

Wet dog trumps smelly boots.

My son's Irish setter can't be kept out of water and the filthier it is the more she likes it. Consequently she is the stinkiest dog I've ever met. Despite frequently being washed she has doggy BO like you wouldn't believe. He invested in doggy deodorant (truly) but it makes little difference. The shame of it is she's one of the nicest natured dogs I've ever met and is really sociable.

Wet dog trumps smelly boots.

yes wet dog stinks