What you doing this weekend?

rennie

Heads up, I'm forming a massive queue tomorrow A5 - A494 - A470 - A496 leaving Cannock about 11am. Feel free to overtake me :thumb: Caravan has a thinkbike sticker in the rear bog window, gives us a honk

Can we give it a quick kick on the way past :thumb:

No ! I'm not insured for ' hooligans ' :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

Heads up, I'm forming a massive queue tomorrow A5 - A494 - A470 - A496 leaving Cannock about 11am. Feel free to overtake me :thumb: Caravan has a thinkbike sticker in the rear bog window, gives us a honk

Can we give it a quick kick on the way past :thumb:

No ! I'm not insured for ' hooligans ' :lol:

I'll not ride past then :lol:

Enjoy! :thumb:

Headed over to the West of the Island to Peel for the Classic and custom bike show, nice little ride down the lanes .... I just loved the dog on traffic duty (see video) :D

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

peel is a great place how is the marine doing for food is it still as good, queenies in garlic last time i was in there :D

Headed over to the West of the Island to Peel for the Classic and custom bike show, nice little ride down the lanes .... I just loved the dog on traffic duty (see video) :D

peel is a great place how is the marine doing for food is it still as good, queenies in garlic last time i was in there :D

Definitely still a good lunch time stop over, a favourite with the local bikers :thumb:

Definitely still a good lunch time stop over, a favourite with the local bikers :thumb:

Nice quality! What cam is that?

Nice quality! What cam is that?

Its a Ghost Drift 4k, I've just been experimenting with a wired microphone, the sound quality, if using the built in mike (for motorcycling at least) was abysmal, wired mike seems to cut down on wind noise depending on where its mounted. I had the camera mounted on my helmet.

The plans for the weekend are shaping up. Friday, a bimble round Bala then up to Beddgelert and back over the Denbigh Moors. The hard decision is whether to stoke up at Old Stores on the way out, stop at Rhug farm shop cafe midway, or try a new place on the way home.

Could always do all three.

Saturday is sailing our two hander as the weather looks good. My kit will have just about dried out from last night's very blustery race by then.

Sunday working as usual but it's forecast rain so in the afternoon I'll be working on the model railway [mention]dynax[/mention] made me buy. A N gauge layout on a 160x80 base. Gives me something to play with when the weather is foul. Plus as a trainee grandad I need to get into the role.

The plans for the weekend are shaping up. Friday, a bimble round Bala then up to Beddgelert and back over the Denbigh Moors. The hard decision is whether to stoke up at Old Stores on the way out, stop at Rhug farm shop cafe midway, or try a new place on the way home.

Could always do all three.

Saturday is sailing our two hander as the weather looks good. My kit will have just about dried out from last night's very blustery race by then.

Sunday working as usual but it's forecast rain so in the afternoon I'll be working on the model railway @dynax made me buy. A N gauge layout on a 160x80 base. Gives me something to play with when the weather is foul. Plus as a trainee grandad I need to get into the role.

I love helping people spend their money :lol: I noticed you registered on railway forum i haven't been on it for some time, but once i get somewhere with mine i will be back on, keep up the good work :thumb:

Depending on the weather and if I can get the VT all together I'll either be going for a ride or finish off my trailer :)

Can always take the ST1300 if the VT isn't ready ;)

I don't know yet, we had the bathroom made into a wet room last week and flooring got finished a couple of days ago, so the bathroom needs painting now, but i also want to make a vanity unit to go under the sink it's a pedestal type and also want to make a radiator cover both of which will be painted and lacquered, all depends on the weather as i will need to work outside, or i could say bollox and go fishing :lol: :thumb:

in the afternoon I'll be working on the model railway @dynax made me buy. A N gauge layout on a 160x80 base. Gives me something to play with when the weather is foul. Plus as a trainee grandad I need to get into the role.

Be interested to see how that takes shape MB.

I've being playing with a programme that allows you to design layouts and creates a list of all the parts needed. I won't go into all the gory details here about track codes etc. It can't be a realistic layout of course because it's a simple double loop - but we have a disused railway line near us that has old stations on it and used to run to the local salt works (where all the rock salt for the roads in winter comes from. So I'm hoping to create something that echoes that. It would have a local passenger line alongside a freight line. The salt works would be towards the bottom right.

It's my first attempt so there's probably loads wrong with it though. The whole thing measures 1534mmx715mm so it will fit onto my 1600x800 board.

1307533143_SCARM2.thumb.jpg.b1157b4969e95b7147a61a0a35b15177.jpg

I've being playing with a programme that allows you to design layouts and creates a list of all the parts needed. I won't go into all the gory details here about track codes etc. It can't be a realistic layout of course because it's a simple double loop - but we have a disused railway line near us that has old stations on it and used to run to the local salt works (where all the rock salt for the roads in winter comes from. So I'm hoping to create something that echoes that. It would have a local passenger line alongside a freight line. The salt works would be towards the bottom right.

It's my first attempt so there's probably loads wrong with it though. The whole thing measures 1534mmx715mm so it will fit onto my 1600x800 board.

SCARM 2.jpg

Get some shots of this old line....Id like to see that.

N Gauge is great when you've got limited space......though I've no experience with it. Only OO......and that was 55 years ago......so I guess things have changed a bit since then. Is N Gauge more expensive?

I'm amazed by these locos with chips in them and controlled by PC! But fairly pricey I think?

WS1.jpg.4391e97ebf892764d14a9a37ab0f9dd7.jpg

c06693.jpg.e15ad7011c7afd5cebd72522fbf7dd5b.jpg

WS2.thumb.jpg.4bec1cc0c4bf8454837c3268db74004e.jpg

2101807934_SaltMine1.jpg.a010f697acff86c06f07b3c110e1f45d.jpg

The line closed to passenger traffic in 1931 but still ran freight. One product was watercress grown in a series of pools that are still in a friend's garden.

I've just been varnishing my base board...applied the first coat then read the label on the tin...24 hours between coats! That's going to make it a slow job.

WS1.jpg

c06693.jpg

WS2.jpg

Salt Mine 1.jpg

The line closed to passenger traffic in 1931 but still ran freight. One product was watercress grown in a series of pools that are still in a friend's garden.

I've just been varnishing my base board...applied the first coat then read the label on the tin...24 hours between coats! That's going to make it a slow job.

Is there any relics of the Rail system left MB?

WS1.jpg

c06693.jpg

WS2.jpg

Salt Mine 1.jpg

Is there any relics of the Rail system left MB?

Not a lot but if you look carefully you can find bits here and there.

My wife has taken notice of[mention]fastbob[/mention] about putting motorbikes in car boots. I found my new bike in her car boot this afternoon.

IMG_20200903_162837756.thumb.jpg.0870cb5b74aee6d38d99265698ecc646.jpg