On Friday 30th October I will be taking the forum offline at around 1.45pm as the forum is getting moved to a new server

Any questions then feel free to post on this thread viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73786

Smelly Boots?

Have a question about what clothing to buy, not sure what luggage or security would be best, looking for information on good deals available? Check out our Tried and Tested section of the forum....... still cant find an answer? Please post here!!
User avatar
goat
Posts: 2068
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:46 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Tdm850, sv650 project
Location: Norfolk, in a field.
Has liked: 1852 times
Been liked: 860 times

Re: Smelly Boots?

Post by goat » Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:35 pm

the liquid from a tin of mackerel poured into your boots is meant to be very effective so I've heard.
Find me on instagram
goat_and_groundsel

Bikes I've known and loved:
Mk1 1999 Bandit 600
Guzzi stelvio
R1200GS twin cam - will miss you beaker :crybaby:

skyrider
Posts: 3167
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 800 times

Re: Smelly Boots?

Post by skyrider » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:48 pm

for what :?
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

skyrider
Posts: 3167
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 800 times

Re: Smelly Boots?

Post by skyrider » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:49 pm

raesewell wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:32 pm
Wash your feet and change your socks more often :oops:
good point
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

User avatar
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Posts: 3528
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Location: Near Oulton Park
Has liked: 862 times
Been liked: 2380 times

Re: Smelly Boots?

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:23 pm

You haven't even begun with smelly boots until you've had the pleasure of of travelling in a car in which a pair of sailing boots have been left.

The key thing is to use something to kill the bacteria and make sure they get thoroughly dried (but do it slowly so as not to damage the leather).

I use very hot water with disinfectant and then dry them gently.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

User avatar
Swagman
Subscriber
Posts: 1000
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:56 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 2003 Yam Fazer1000 +2007 Fz6
Location: Torksey Lincs
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 629 times

Re: Smelly Boots?

Post by Swagman » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:26 am

Detol kitchen spray should work kills the bacteria. :thumb:
Last edited by Swagman on Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
onesea
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): TDM 900/ Triumph Trophy 1200
Location: New Forest/ Hampshire
Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 519 times

Re: Smelly Boots?

Post by onesea » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:32 am

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:23 pm
You haven't even begun with smelly boots until you've had the pleasure of of travelling in a car in which a pair of sailing boots have been left.
Ah but for the full pleasure of that you need the sails, wetsuit, outboard and wet dog that's been playing in the mud.
Last time I took my car to the car wash they cursed (in Polish but it was obvious).

Fabreeze would be my answer to boots.

For the car, you are simply not welcome at the same carwash twice.
A survey showed profiles with a location are 80% more likely to get a response :thumb:
To add location on phone or desktop browser:
1) Click your profile name (this brings up Popup), 2) Tap User control Panel, 3) Tap the Profile Tab Scroll down to: Location
Or click this link: https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/ucp.php ... ofile_info

User avatar
manxie49
Posts: 891
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:49 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Yamaha MT10 & Honda CRF250
Location: Isle of Man
Has liked: 431 times
Been liked: 462 times

Re: Smelly Boots?

Post by manxie49 » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:38 am

Mine only start to stink after riding in the good old winter weather, when they get soaked. I usually pack them with paper to dry them out and spray the insides with febreeze once they're dry, seems to do the trick.
If you don't like Motorcycles, you won't like me .... And I'm OK with that!

User avatar
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Posts: 3528
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Location: Near Oulton Park
Has liked: 862 times
Been liked: 2380 times

Re: Smelly Boots?

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:05 am

onesea wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:32 am
Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:23 pm
You haven't even begun with smelly boots until you've had the pleasure of of travelling in a car in which a pair of sailing boots have been left.
Ah but for the full pleasure of that you need the sails, wetsuit, outboard and wet dog that's been playing in the mud.
Last time I took my car to the car wash they cursed (in Polish but it was obvious).

Fabreeze would be my answer to boots.

For the car, you are simply not welcome at the same carwash twice.
Wet dog trumps smelly boots.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

User avatar
S-Westerly
Subscriber
Posts: 1666
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Location: Gloucestershire
Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 1122 times

Re: Smelly Boots?

Post by S-Westerly » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:09 am

My son's Irish setter can't be kept out of water and the filthier it is the more she likes it. Consequently she is the stinkiest dog I've ever met. Despite frequently being washed she has doggy BO like you wouldn't believe. He invested in doggy deodorant (truly) but it makes little difference. The shame of it is she's one of the nicest natured dogs I've ever met and is really sociable.
Back in the blue. No bikes.....

skyrider
Posts: 3167
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:12 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Location: preston lancs
Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 800 times

Re: Smelly Boots?

Post by skyrider » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:28 pm

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:05 am
onesea wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:32 am
Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:23 pm
You haven't even begun with smelly boots until you've had the pleasure of of travelling in a car in which a pair of sailing boots have been left.
Ah but for the full pleasure of that you need the sails, wetsuit, outboard and wet dog that's been playing in the mud.
Last time I took my car to the car wash they cursed (in Polish but it was obvious).

Fabreeze would be my answer to boots.

For the car, you are simply not welcome at the same carwash twice.
Wet dog trumps smelly boots.
yes wet dog stinks
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

User avatar
onesea
Posts: 1826
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:08 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): TDM 900/ Triumph Trophy 1200
Location: New Forest/ Hampshire
Has liked: 386 times
Been liked: 519 times

Re: Smelly Boots?

Post by onesea » Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:55 pm

skyrider wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 7:28 pm
Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:05 am
Wet dog trumps smelly boots.
yes wet dog stinks
The solution to smelly dogs is sea water swimming, the challenge is getting them from sea water to dry without mud.
A survey showed profiles with a location are 80% more likely to get a response :thumb:
To add location on phone or desktop browser:
1) Click your profile name (this brings up Popup), 2) Tap User control Panel, 3) Tap the Profile Tab Scroll down to: Location
Or click this link: https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/ucp.php ... ofile_info

Return to “Clothing, Luggage, Accessories and Security”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 3 guests