Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Not bike related? Talk about it here!
S-Westerly
Subscriber
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Has liked: 2290 times
Been liked: 1095 times

Re: Good Morning Good Night and General Chat.

Post by S-Westerly » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:01 am

XTreme wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:25 pm
rennie wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:11 pm
To be honest I don't think I want to work at all ! :lol:
Well they're going to make you work till you drop Ian!

Pension age is getting moved further away all the time.
What pension would that be then? The pittance from the government isn't going to keep me going. As for an earlier comment you made about old farts (and I qualify on basis of age) I couldn't agree more. When someone starts banging on about symptoms of basically being old it's a massive turn off.
Back in the blue. No bikes.....

Mawsley
Bike(s): Tigger Alpine, Child’s scooter
Has liked: 1115 times
Been liked: 1760 times

Post by Mawsley » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:03 am

Mr Fro wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:23 am
My solution... A ladle on a stick:
20200904_082157.jpg

Proper job :thumb:
Won't meet ISO standards, that's not a stick - it appears to be a broom in a bag. That's an altogether more complex device and therefore probably needs a series of training sessions and a COSHH assessment.

Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Has liked: 848 times
Been liked: 2323 times

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:33 am

Help! I am out on my bike and have suffered a calamity. Having imbibed too much morning coffee and there being a chill in the air I felt the need to water a tree.

I spotted a likely place of discretion at the bottom of a secluded grass bank and the operation was successfully concluded.

The snag is the bank is steeper than I realized and the grass is still very wet. I got down here easily enough but bike boots don't have much grip and now I can't get back up the bank. The bottom is hawthorn and barbed wire so there's no other way out.

One feels somewhat reluctant to try calling for help in this situation.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

dynax
Subscriber
Bike(s): Xena, Bridget, Florence (WIP)
Has liked: 2281 times
Been liked: 1318 times

Post by dynax » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:51 am

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:33 am
Help! I am out on my bike and have suffered a calamity. Having imbibed too much morning coffee and there being a chill in the air I felt the need to water a tree.

I spotted a likely place of discretion at the bottom of a secluded grass bank and the operation was successfully concluded.

The snag is the bank is steeper than I realized and the grass is still very wet. I got down here easily enough but bike boots don't have much grip and now I can't get back up the bank. The bottom is hawthorn and barbed wire so there's no other way out.

If i'm going on a long ride i carry an empty potnoodle container, if nowhere suitable out of sight i will kneel down at the side of the bike, it looks as though you are checking something on the bike :lol: :thumb:
Mike, just cruising around with Xena 8-)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmihUc ... subscriber

Mr Fro
Subscriber
Bike(s): ZX6r, ZXR750L Turbo
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 974 times

Post by Mr Fro » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:03 am

Mawsley wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:03 am
Won't meet ISO standards, that's not a stick - it appears to be a broom in a bag. That's an altogether more complex device and therefore probably needs a series of training sessions and a COSHH assessment.
Before we do all that, shall we play spot the snowflake? :up:

I was staggered that the string survived repeated dunking in nitrogen, I thought it would crumble to nothing in an instant so... Win.

S-Westerly
Subscriber
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Has liked: 2290 times
Been liked: 1095 times

Post by S-Westerly » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:09 am

Take your boots off and try in your socks. Likely to grip better albeit at the cost of wet feet. Let us know if you escape!😂
Back in the blue. No bikes.....

125cc
Bike(s): Yamaha YS125
Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by 125cc » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:16 pm

That's one of the funniest things I've read here :lol:

Have a nice weekend all. Going camping with Mrs.125 for a night for her birthday. MIL looking after the kids :thumb:
Perpetual 125cc Pilot. I'm slooooooow. Get over it :booty:

XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Has liked: 2275 times
Been liked: 2969 times

Post by XTreme » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:18 pm

S-Westerly wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:01 am
XTreme wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:25 pm
rennie wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:11 pm
To be honest I don't think I want to work at all ! :lol:
Well they're going to make you work till you drop Ian!

Pension age is getting moved further away all the time.
What pension would that be then? The pittance from the government isn't going to keep me going. As for an earlier comment you made about old farts (and I qualify on basis of age) I couldn't agree more. When someone starts banging on about symptoms of basically being old it's a massive turn off.
I often wonder how the majority of our generation has had their personality and sense of fun drained out of them.

It's like they watched Victor Meldrew 30 years ago and interpreted it as an instruction manual for their later years.

XTreme
Useless campaign manager

Post by XTreme » Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:21 pm

dynax wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:51 am

If i'm going on a long ride i carry an empty potnoodle container, if nowhere suitable out of sight i will kneel down at the side of the bike, it looks as though you are checking something on the bike :lol: :thumb:
FFS......just pull your dick out and piss! I couldn't give a f@ck who sees me to be honest.

I do have form for being prosecuted for pissing in the street though......I see it as a Medal of Honour!

Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Has liked: 848 times
Been liked: 2323 times

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:18 pm

S-Westerly wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:09 am

Take your boots off and try in your socks. Likely to grip better albeit at the cost of wet feet. Let us know if you escape!😂
That's basically how I escaped, though with wet socks and nettle stings. :(

However did find the world's biggest car jack
IMG_20200904_101414129.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

mojobanana
Bike(s): CB1000R
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 83 times

Post by mojobanana » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:37 pm

Went out for a bimble yesterday. Got wet. Nearly took myself out on a roundabout...the road was slick but luckly the car behind me seemed to know I was struggling and let me cut them off. Oops.

Brighter today though.

XTreme
Useless campaign manager

Post by XTreme » Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:49 pm

mojobanana wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:37 pm
Went out for a bimble yesterday. Got wet.
Must have been a hell of a bimble then?

I don't suppose there's any pics is there?

goat
Bike(s): Tdm850, sv650 project
Has liked: 1834 times
Been liked: 854 times

Post by goat » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:08 pm

A wee ride out today. Knee has been much better so thought I'd give it a shot. Was all ok. No pain so if the weather is good I'll be back out tomorrow with my better half pillion.
IMG_20200904_101315.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Find me on instagram
goat_and_groundsel

Bikes I've known and loved:
Mk1 1999 Bandit 600
Guzzi stelvio
R1200GS twin cam - will miss you beaker :crybaby:

Six30
TOTY 2019
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Has liked: 2491 times
Been liked: 4095 times

Post by Six30 » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:20 pm

dynax wrote:

facepalm-gif-13.gif
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
The rule of Six.

XTreme
Useless campaign manager

Post by XTreme » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:17 pm

Six30 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:20 pm
dynax wrote:

facepalm-gif-13.gif
Still can't figure out this Pot Noodle thing........how little does @dynax piss when he needs to go?

When I piss I'd need to carry a f@cking bucket round with me.......cos there's going to be a Urine Tsunami!

But I believe in cutting out the middleman and just piss over my boots!

Return to “General Chat”