Cbt - A1 motorbikes, Gateshead

Hi all,

Booked my CBT with A1 for the middle of last week.

Arrived and was greeted by several instructors just getting set for the day And introduced to Allan, my instructor for the day. Lovely lad, good fun and easy to talk to.

Got the COVID precautions out of the way and he asked the obvious questions about experience etc. (Absolute beginner) and he was great about, took me through the basics of protective clothing etc. Before going out to the bike.

It was just me to start with so while he was getting me used to the clutch and moving off etc. It was 1-1 tuition and within minutes had me riding around happily.

At this point 2 more candidates turned up for their second or third attempts and he took us through gears and general riding skills.

In the afternoon it was myself and one other who progressed to the road ride and again Alan was brilliant, taking us through all the observations he was making from signs, speed changes, traffic, oil spills etc. And advising on gears and the approach to Junctions before pulling over for a brief chat about different aspects of the Highway Code, how we’re managing, if we felt comfortable etc.

Another ride with us leading and him observing from behind offering bits of guidance here and there before another stop where we again discussed things we’d seen before having a general chin wag about bikes, cars, sports and all the other stuff that crops up, again the instructor was just a brilliant lad and very easy to get along with.

After this we took the long route back to the school with Alan leading to encounter some heavier traffic, more traffic lights, roundabouts etc. And some higher speed roads.

On getting back to the school we where informed We had both gained our certificates and discussed future options and I then went forward to book my mod 1 and a package of lessons through the school.

Overall very helpful, no pressure and knew exactly how to get the message across to various learning styles

Right then, when's this mod 1 due then? :)

Mod 1 is due the second week in October, just need the school to confirm the date.

I can well imagine the curve gets steeper, I’m not for seeing any major issues but definitely need more time on the bikes

Everyone seems to find different aspects easy and different aspects challenging - but by the sounds of it your instructors will see you through. Just remember if there is any specific thing you find tricky that someone else would have experienced it too! Chat to your instructors and if you need extra assistance ask away on here.