Toyota Aygo

Tiggie

My daily is a 2017 DS3 1.2 auto I've had from new. I do 440 miles a week commute, it does 45mpg and now has 62k and to be fair its not a bad little car, I've crammed loads into it in the past and its reasonably comfortable and well spec'd.

Tiggie it’s a Toyota that says enough we have the Yaris has been great over the last 7years :thumb: :thumb:

We've had two Yaris - they've both been brilliant. Both of them ran over 100k over ten years without missing a beat. One died from tinworm and the other is still going.

Tiggie it’s a Toyota that says enough we have the Yaris has been great over the last 7years :thumb: :thumb:

We've had two Yaris - they've both been brilliant. Both of them ran over 100k over ten years without missing a beat. One died from tinworm and the other is still going.

Toyotas are pretty much indestructible, had an avensis that was sold with 200k miles and still running well.

Guest Swagman

Yeah ours has 114000mls on and still going.

Never driven an Aygo but the garage did loan us a Hybrid Yaris when my wife's car went in for service, a bit too small for me but it went like shit of a shovel....I was pretty amazed by its turn of speed.

Cheers [mention]Six30[/mention] :lol:

That was the response I expected from most and I've been gearing myself up for an argument about why they are worth having :D

I'm actually shocked at the positive response to them.

[mention]Stu[/mention] have a look at my post about my brother in law's car. His need is greater than yours :mrgreen:

Think Toyota are responsible for mechanical and engines

Thank god for that......cos when you buy a Jap brand you expect a Jap motor.

Unlike those with some Nissans which have Renault engines.

It's what happens when the jap company can't afford to make there own just like the pa Toyota van.

I would sooner have a French Nissan than another Turkish turkey transit 😁

Think Toyota are responsible for mechanical and engines

It's what happens when the jap company can't afford to make there own just like the pa Toyota van.

I think Honda only use their own engines.......as far as I'm aware?

Pity they don't make vans

Pity they don't make vans

they used to have the little honda tonka vans and pickups :)

Cant really go wrong with a Aygo, really good on fuel, nimble, not fast by any means but can be fun to throw about.

The latest shape 2014 onwards are the ones to go for as earlier ones had water leaks as someone mentioned earlier aswell as a few other niggling problems. They also have a better build quality than earlier models.

The engines are toyota engines and if looked after wont cause any problems. A few of the earlier ones had a secondary exhaust sensor failure and needed a new sensor and software update if required but most were fixed during the warranty period.

Personally id stay away from the auto models and the fabric panoramic roof models.

Got a 2013 model for my daughter - very basic, but great fun.

I fitted aftermarket central locking for her, and while the door cards were off, covered as much of the inside panels with Bostick self adhesive flashing band from Screwfix. The noise and vibration reduction is amazing. It was a very tinny sounding car before this. Did the spare wheel well and anything else I could uncover without too much hassle.

Doubled the weight of the car mind ...

Mpg is ridiculously good.

A Jeep Wrangler would be my advice - I love mine!

IMG_1780.thumb.JPG.21070633f6fc926ddfc5a22c9ef5ebcc.JPG

Parking is no problem because the epic 4WD and 3" suspension lift mean you can just drive right over anything that's in the way, and the fuel economy is so astoundingly bad that every time you fire it up Greta does a shite in her trousers.

:thumb:

Aygos are alright, Toyotas in general give very little bother they’re reliable and well made a family member has a Yaris that’s caused no issues and I used to have a Landcruiser, sold it with 220k on the clock and it was barely run in!.

Saying that, if your commute is so short I’d probably go one way or the other, get something fun with a big V8 or get an EV, not sure but you should be able to get an old Nissan Leaf for around that now, the range will be crap but it doesn’t sound like it would affect you much.

I do a 50 mile round trip as a commute every day and I’d love to have an EV to do it in, sadly the only two I’d actually want are well out of my price range at the moment.

My budget for this car is around 6k

I'm guessing that would get me a +20 year old Wrangler with over 150,000 miles :lol:

Mine's 12 years old with over 130K on the clock, and it's still going strong. I got it earlier this year to replace my older XC90 because I was sick of it getting stuck every time I had to go to one of our field trials sites. Some of them are in pretty remote locations, and the Volvo couldn't even get itself to them if the ground was muddy, let alone pull a trailer there. No problem in the Jeep!

Thankfully it's not my daily driver: it comes to something when an XC90 is fuel efficient in comparison! :shock:

My budget for this car is around 6k

I'm guessing that would get me a +20 year old Wrangler with over 150,000 miles :lol:

Mine's 12 years old with over 130K on the clock, and it's still going strong. I got it earlier this year to replace my older XC90 because I was sick of it getting stuck every time I had to go to one of our field trials sites. Some of them are in pretty remote locations, and the Volvo couldn't even get itself to them if the ground was muddy, let alone pull a trailer there. No problem in the Jeep!

Thankfully it's not my daily driver: it comes to something when an XC90 is fuel efficient in comparison! :shock:

I know it’s complete madness but I really kind of want another Range Rover but one with the V8 diesel, I know it’s going to break though :cry: .