What you doing this weekend?

rennie

It worked for about 30 mins and then went to black again, I'll go back round the new caps with the iron again just in case there's a bad joint but they all look fine to me.

Little update - poked around it with a multimeter, everything seemed fine. Fuses all intact, coils all fine, diodes seem to resist one way more than the other, couldn't figure it. Re-melted all the new joints, added some solder on top of a trace that was bare copper in one corner but appeared to conduct just fine, re-melted a connector pin that didn't look too clever, put it back together again and it didn't work. Turned it off and on again a few times and now it works!? Bloody electronics. I look forward to it failing just when I really don't want it to..

Last sailing race of the year this evening :(

Fitted a solenoid motor to my model train points, which worked first time :D

Going off into N Wales with a couple of mates tomorrow, lunch at Rhug then Bala and onto Beddgelert, back over the Denbigh Moors.

Guest Richzx6r

I'm at Rhug

IMG_20200910_113953359.jpgIMG_20200910_122141333.jpg

My mates are still in lay by miles back 'cos they missed a turning and decided to wait for me to go back for them. I thought scoffing a bacon butty was a better idea.

So they are ex mates now then :thumb:

Tomorrow I've got to take the wife to Albox to the Brit shops! And she wants to stop off in the f@cking garden centre on the way.

Sunday I'll be out though......maybe an abandoned railway station! It'll be something dark for sure!

What you guys doing?

If the weather is half decent I'm just going out on me 'Arley with no particular place to go other than away from Coventry . Actually I might head up over Clear Hill , down the Vale of Kerry to Newtown , down to Llangurig and take it from there . I could go to the seaside and up to Harlech then back home via the A5 or down to Rhayader and back home via Leominster and Malvern . Or it could piss with rain and I could spend the day grinding the rust off the ER5 between showers .

Not a lot.

Back still a bit buggered so no chance of riding.

Saturday. Lisa is doing a roast to coincide with the first football of the season. Parents coming across as they don't have sky. MOT.

Sunday. Over to the coast with Grace for the week as its her week of "remote learning/online lessons" from college so we may as well go over so she can paddle board in the north sea after school....lol

[mention]Stu[/mention] I'll give you a shout mate.

We are heading out on the new Harley first to J&S Finedon then over to the Sportsbike shop M.K in search of some odds and sods for our impending week off at the end of the month.

Cheers

Ian

Good luck in J&S. Last time I went they still hadn't got prices on most of the stuff - and shouted at me for not using hand sanitiser...despite the fact that locating said hand stuff was akin to successfully completing a section of The Crystal Maze.

We are heading out on the new Harley first to J&S Finedon then over to the Sportsbike shop M.K in search of some odds and sods for our impending week off at the end of the month.

Cheers

Ian

Called into J&S this afternoon. Hand stuff was a lot more visible, shame the same can’t be said about their pricing uncertainty principle where you can either know the size of the garment or the price...but never both :lol:

I hate the way sizing differs from jacket to jacket as well. How tough would it be just to adopt a universal sizing translated into inches? Going by the measurements on some of them my penis is a 5XL - the wife would strongly disagree!