Has liked: 1295 times
Been liked: 1247 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by JRH » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:45 pm

125cc wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:12 pm
dynax wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:37 am
What is the point! As schools have reopened and taken measures for social distancing inside the classrooms it is a waste of time and effort, yesterday coming back from shopping it was at chucking out time for the schools and the total disregard of the rules was evident, congregating in huge groups no masks and most less than a metre apart, an absolute joke :cheers:
I think many, rightly or wrongly, have reached the "f**k it" stage and are behaving accordingly. Rightly or wrongly, at the present low hospital admissions, almost zero deaths, whilst Govts take their ideas from Nineteen Eighty Four and preach a gospel of fear and doom along with the media, economy in a graveyard spiral, folk are pissed off, also frightened for their livelihoods. Everyone pissed off + fear +lots of disinformation = recipe for social disintegration.
Not sure about governments preaching doom and gloom. I think it’s mostly the BBC (Bash Britain Corporation). Always reporting on the number of deaths, never mention how many recovered .
Current Bandit 1250 :D
Previous GP125 GSX250 GT750(had 2) GPX750

2020 challenge 100

Pubs 8 / 10
Churches 10 / 10
West Midlands 3 / 12
East Midlands 1 /12
South Wales 2 / 12
Hoggs Bonus 1 / 15
Bonus Bonus 2 / 15

Bender
Has liked: 2150 times
Been liked: 2495 times

Post by Bender » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:16 pm

JRH wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:45 pm
125cc wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:12 pm
dynax wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:37 am
What is the point! As schools have reopened and taken measures for social distancing inside the classrooms it is a waste of time and effort, yesterday coming back from shopping it was at chucking out time for the schools and the total disregard of the rules was evident, congregating in huge groups no masks and most less than a metre apart, an absolute joke :cheers:
I think many, rightly or wrongly, have reached the "f**k it" stage and are behaving accordingly. Rightly or wrongly, at the present low hospital admissions, almost zero deaths, whilst Govts take their ideas from Nineteen Eighty Four and preach a gospel of fear and doom along with the media, economy in a graveyard spiral, folk are pissed off, also frightened for their livelihoods. Everyone pissed off + fear +lots of disinformation = recipe for social disintegration.
Not sure about governments preaching doom and gloom. I think it’s mostly the BBC (Bash Britain Corporation). Always reporting on the number of deaths, never mention how many recovered .
The thing I don't get is if you get a positive test but get run over a week later it's a covid death
Bite my shiny metal ass..

S-Westerly
Subscriber
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Has liked: 2282 times
Been liked: 1092 times

Post by S-Westerly » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:20 am

Back in July when I joined the ship Rotterdam pubs were heaving in the nice weather. No details taken at all. Of course Netherlands are now on the naughty step but although the numbers of Covid cases are up hospital admissions and deaths are not. The quicker people accept that this disease is going to go through the population come what may the sooner we can get back to something approaching normality.
Back in the blue. No bikes.....

MarkW
Has liked: 455 times
Been liked: 1394 times

Post by MarkW » Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:38 am

I see this morning that the BBC is reporting that one of the biggest drawbacks of the PCR swab test (that it amplifies and detects viable and non-viable genetic material) could be leading to an overestimate of infection levels, and that there should be a threshold below which detection isn't considered to indicate infection.

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the mid-1980s, when this was common knowledge and since when cut-off values have been routine.

:bang:
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Snod Blatter
Bike(s): CBX250RS-E CB250N Two Fifty TRX850 K100RS Z250SL
Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 353 times

Post by Snod Blatter » Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:34 pm

JRH wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:42 pm
Visited about a dozen pubs / cafes in all different areas. All have taken contact details.
Interesting!! Perhaps Leicester does deserve the extra lockdown after all..

James in Brum
Subscriber
Bike(s): ZZR600D1
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 462 times

Post by James in Brum » Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:53 pm

Omnishambles. Absolute omnishambles.
Daughter sent home from school with the sniffles. School want a test. I convince them gat we cannot, a) because we cannot get one and b) because with a lack of symptoms it is innapropriate.
This morning daughter has slight temperature. This now leads to a two week period of isolation or until we get test results back. There are no tests available in the midlands. Even with my status as head NHS homeopath i cannot get one.
There are talks of a Birmingam lockdown.
He government handling of this is a classic example of an omnishambles with questionable motives for their choices.
Time spent being groovy to each other is always well
Spent

Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Has liked: 843 times
Been liked: 2305 times

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:48 pm

James in Brum wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:53 pm
Daughter sent home from school with the sniffles. School want a test. I convince them gat we cannot, a) because we cannot get one and b) because with a lack of symptoms it is innapropriate.
This morning daughter has slight temperature. This now leads to a two week period of isolation or until we get test results back. There are no tests available in the midlands. Even with my status as head NHS homeopath i cannot get one.
He government handling of this is a classic example of an omnishambles with questionable motives for their choices.

I hope she is ok and it's just a cold. The testing situation is hopeless.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

James in Brum
Subscriber

Post by James in Brum » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:27 pm

There are no tests according the any of the routes to get a test.
This couple with the Department for Education giving advice about schools requesting that children have testing and cannot return to school when the children don’t meet the threshold for testing (she now does but did not when. We were told that) is an example of what an omni-shambles this is.
The fact that we cannot get tests in the nhs for nhs staff to be able o continue frontline working (homeopathy or not) bakes my noodle!
Spent

KiwiBob
Bike(s): Honda CG125, Kawasaki ER5
Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by KiwiBob » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:29 pm

James in Brum wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:53 pm
Why would you expect anything else when we have Johnson and his bunch of buffoons at the helm?

James in Brum
Subscriber

Post by James in Brum » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:31 pm

I don’t expect anything else for that reason. Despite expecting it I am thoroughly annoyed by it.
Plus there is a strong pressure for more in person contacts within the homeopathy service and other services that have spent six months developing a reasonably successful virtual service. So now as the. Ext leg of the outbreak picks up pace we also have or see more people in person.

OMNISHAMBLES!
Spent

S-Westerly
Subscriber
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Has liked: 2282 times
Been liked: 1092 times

Post by S-Westerly » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:48 pm

I'll agree with the omnishambles, in fact IMO it's worse than that. However something must have changed for testing as back in July I had to get a test before I traveled to join a ship and it was literally go on line and book it for tomorrow. I had the choice of Cheltenham, Stroud or Swindon. Got the results within 18 hours.
Back in the blue. No bikes.....

Mawsley
Bike(s): Tigger Alpine, Child’s scooter
Has liked: 1113 times
Been liked: 1759 times

Post by Mawsley » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:58 pm

Jeff Wayne is worried. He cancelled the War of the Worlds concert I got the wife tickets for. We were going on her birthday (Apr 1, 2020). Ticketmaster have just written to say it's been rescheduled...for twenty bloody twenty two!

Not happy they won't give me a refund.

By mid 2022:
a) Jeff could be dead
b) more likely, I could be dead
c) I'll have decided War of the Worlds was never that great and I don't want to go
d) Trump will be world leader and have banned all forms of entertainment that don't involve jackboots and white hoods (most likely scenario)

I want my cash. :evil:

SometimesSansEngine
Bike(s): BMW F800GT
Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by SometimesSansEngine » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:23 pm

@Mawsley on 5 Live's Ask Martin Lewis show this week someone had an issue with Viagogo, the rugby match they had tickets for is now on behind closed doors, so have been told that as the match hasn't been cancelled they aren't due a refund.

It's not often I'm flabbergasted but my gaster was flabbered...

rennie
Bike(s): Honda VFR1200f
Challenge score: 330
Has liked: 4078 times
Been liked: 1292 times

Post by rennie » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:42 pm

Bloke at work felt ill Monday morning!
Went home (somewhere near Smethwick not sure exactly), booked a test,
went straight away, got the negative result on Weds!
He still hasn't come back to work though! :lol:
Ian.
hoggs bonus 1/15
west midlands2/12
Pubs complete
Churches complete

Six30
TOTY 2019
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Has liked: 2487 times
Been liked: 4079 times

Post by Six30 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:42 am

87D64129-C61E-40F0-A2CC-94327A2BFA6E.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
The rule of Six.

Return to “General Chat”