Telephone / broadband

Mississippi Bullfrog

We're with BT for broadband and calls and coming to the end of contract. They've been abysmal - so much so I wrote formal complaint to which the only response I got was an email saying 'We've closed your complaint'. :x

So - looking at Uswitch there's much cheaper deals with better speeds (though living where we do I suspect they're unrealistic). What I can't figure out is do those deals include the line costs as well as the broadband and calls? Or are line costs extra?

I have to keep the current number as it's my work number. Just want broadband and anytime calls really, both landline and mobile because most people who I need to call only have mobiles.

Ta.

Edit - looking again I see that some do include line costs. So that's bits sorted. So any recommendations who is decent in terms of customer service?

Edited by Mississippi Bullfrog

Personally I'm just waiting to get Virgin at my door to move from EE

You should find what is included in the price on the details usually in font size 1.5...

We're with BT for broadband and calls and coming to the end of contract. They've been abysmal - so much so I wrote formal complaint to which the only response I got was an email saying 'We've closed your complaint'. :x

So - looking at Uswitch there's much cheaper deals with better speeds (though living where we do I suspect they're unrealistic). What I can't figure out is do those deals include the line costs as well as the broadband and calls? Or are line costs extra?

I have to keep the current number as it's my work number. Just want broadband and anytime calls really, both landline and mobile because most people who I need to call only have mobiles.

Ta.

Edit - looking again I see that some do include line costs. So that's bits sorted. So any recommendations who is decent in terms of customer service?

I can do you a quote if you like. We have excellent customer service as you can use me to deal with any issues 🙂

Meanwhile in Spain......€40 a month inc landline unlimited calls.

You need it out there though as staring at scorched land and olive trees gets a bit boring after 3mins. 😁

We just go with who ever gives the most cash back, service speeds are pretty even as rarely do you get the maximum.

Customer service is another thing, if and when it goes wonkey that's when good or bad comes to light and unless your in Hull or on a Virgin network that invariably means them telling you it's probably your fault and that if they come out and it is your fault you may be charged.

Also its pretty much always openreach who come out, as it's all openreach cables and exchanges all your doing is agreeing to the middle man's terms.

I personally hate Virgin, they had the worst customer service by far, the contention ratio was absurd, it took them 2 months of investigation for them to decide that it was themselves who were causing the slow speeds as there wasn't enough capacity at peak times.

The daughter has had a broken Virgin cable manhole cover for over a year, the council can't even get them to change it they have put a temp large cover over the lot.

Found everyone else to be much of a muchness.

Plusnet. Been with them for years and dont really want to change. The only downer is that I have to phone them every now and then to get them put me on a better deal.

I switched my mobile to them and the granddaughters which apparently I'm also paying for.

Interesting. Thanks for that info re. Plusnet. Their calls inclusive deal actually looks the most attractive at the moment.

I'll have to ask how good their routers are. It's a big house and the construction of it means WiFi struggles. We have BT halo discs which work well, but their service has been appalling.

Ta.

I can do you a quote if you like. We have excellent customer service as you can use me to deal with any issues 🙂

Who is that with?

I just use my mobile as a hub for the computer. Fast enough for my internet needs. I was with Virgin and was so glad to see the back of them. When I told them my landline was redundant and please disconnect it. They told me that my bill would increase!!! That really was the last straw. They take the concept of a “loyalty penalty” to the extreme.

I'll have to ask how good their routers are. It's a big house and the construction of it means WiFi struggles. We have BT halo discs which work well, but their service has been appalling.

Not had any problems here, but we've got the router in the middle of the house. Can you keep your current router, or would you have to hand it back?

Not had any problems here, but we've got the router in the middle of the house. Can you keep your current router, or would you have to hand it back?

I suspect it has to go back, and I think the BT router won't work on other systems. At least when I tried a generic router is didn't work with the BT broadband.

I can always try extenders but previous experience of them is that they work for a while then go bad.

The router is in my office which is one end of the house so moving it would be a nuisance.

I suspect it has to go back, and I think the BT router won't work on other systems. At least when I tried a generic router is didn't work with the BT broadband.

I can always try extenders but previous experience of them is that they work for a while then go bad.

The router is in my office which is one end of the house so moving it would be a nuisance.

I don't think it would have to go back. When we moved we were stuck with bt, they sent us a new router even though we still had the older one (less than a year old). Never asked for it back.

Check top cashback for deals. We got £60 or something plus bt had a deal for a £90 Waitrose gift card, hence we switched to them.

Well I can’t knock BT been with them years and only had a couple of problems which they paid me £60 because they turned up a day late, the only other thing was Patchy signal in the bedroom for which they sent me a Halo disc for free .

With Sky don't know exactly how much telephone and broadband is as we have a complete package inc tv, but we have unlimited BB and unlimited calls and with the tv paying around £80 a month, we had a replacement router FOC last year as the old one died, no complaints about customer services from me rang them and within 24hrs new router arrived :thumb:

[mention]Mississippi Bullfrog[/mention] Utility Warehouse. Im a distribitor for them but i maintain contact with my customers so i can deal with any issues that may arise. Having said that our customer service is excellent.

@Mississippi Bullfrog Utility Warehouse. Im a distribitor for them but i maintain contact with my customers so i can deal with any issues that may arise. Having said that our customer service is excellent.

I need a calls inclusive package that covers calls to mobiles. It's my work line so I use it quite a lot and everybody leaves me their mobile number to call. We're in a rural location so no fibre connection. To be fair to BT on copper wire over half a mile from the box we're getting 30+mbs at the moment. The halo system also works well, it's just their total incompetence when things go wrong that's been the final straw.