Music streaming...

onesea

It dawned on me on my last run, that my music collection although extensive is being dated...

Looking at music streaming options where do you start...

It must work offline,

We have Amazon Prime (not prime music)

I get unlimited free downloads on Deezer with 3, then our data plans are huge anyway,

We use Android,

Cardo (our headsets) and Spotify are linked,

Any recommendations.

I got a years free Youtube premium (comes with Youtube music) which has been great for us at home. We have the google home hubs in most rooms (googles version of alexa)

Apart from having pretty much every artist/album I want to listen to I've recently started just playing random years to discover songs I had completely forgotten about so while doing the washing up for instance I'll say " Hey Google, play songs from 1996" and It'll play the top 40 songs of that year.

Plays all dab radio stations too so the Wife and I have to argue over whether we are listening to Smooth fm or Radio 2 ( god we are old!! :shock: )

I use it on my phone at work too, can download full albums or playlists onto your phone at home first.

I think most people who do streaming music use spotify. I don't know anything about it though, assume its good as enough seem to pay for it. :lol:

We have the family Spotify account.

4 people with seperate log ins etc all linked.

As a musical family its fantastic for us.

From pretty obscure indie bands which i was into when younger to, well every bloody thing.

Daily playlists which introduce new bands to you. Favourite artists etc.

I have not bought a hard copy cd/Record for 3 year now since we subscribed.

Theres only lewis who still buys stuff and thats only because its cool........

... for instance I'll say " Hey Google, play songs from 1996" and It'll play the top 40 songs of that year.

I'll say, WTF would anyone do that unless they were at gunpoint? Even then a bullet would bring sweet relief to the shite on offer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1996

It must work offline,

Why?

Streaming via a phone/tablet doesn't use a lot of data, a cheap PAYG SIM would cover it - or your existing contract in all probability.

I pay £5 a month to GiffGaff and never use up my phone or data allowance.

@Mawsley I'd say there is at least six songs on there I like :lol: ........not more than that though, what a crap year for music :oops:

Smashing Pumpkins - 1979, and 99 pieces of excrement. It was an utterly abysmal year for music unless you go Indie http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/1996.html

... for instance I'll say " Hey Google, play songs from 1996" and It'll play the top 40 songs of that year.

I'll say, WTF would anyone do that unless they were at gunpoint? Even then a bullet would bring sweet relief to the shite on offer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_Year-End_Hot_100_singles_of_1996

That's the US tripe, didn't see design for life on that list.

It must work offline,

Why?

Because it's bloody annoying when your music stops because you have lost data signal.

Not everyone lives in places where mobile phone signal can be taken for granted.

Frequently here I am on 3g or nothing, don't say change networks, they all have bad spots you just choose your network to where you live.

@Mawsley I'd say there is at least six songs on there I like :lol: ........not more than that though, what a crap year for music :oops:

Smashing Pumpkins - 1979, and 99 pieces of excrement. It was an utterly abysmal year for music unless you go Indie http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/1996.html

I never was that fond of 1979, great band overall though!.

Smashing pumpkins. Absolute class

Because it's bloody annoying when your music stops because you have lost data signal.

Not everyone lives in places where mobile phone signal can be taken for granted.

Frequently here I am on 3g or nothing, don't say change networks, they all have bad spots you just choose your network to where you live.

Pretty damn good reason.

If I didn’t have Apple muzac I’d probably go for a high end digital player and go back to buying albums on cd to rip in high quality.

Given me food for thought though as I’d assumed I could continue to stream wherever I ride.

If you have Amazon Prime then you should also have Prime Music?

(unless I've misunderstood)

I think that used to be the case, but the greedy f**kers at Amazon separate it now to get more money.

Basic prime - shopping

+ Video (+tv packages)

+Music

+Audible

+Kindle

Etc etc

If you have Amazon Prime then you should also have Prime Music?

(unless I've misunderstood)

I think that used to be the case, but the greedy f**kers at Amazon separate it now to get more money.

Basic prime - shopping

+ Video (+tv packages)

+Music

+Audible

+Kindle

Etc etc

Prime membership - £79 a year or £7.99 a month - includes the next day delivery, music, video, photos, book library etc.

You can pay extra for Prime Music unlimited or Kindle Unlimited. But the standard Prime membership definitely includes Prime Music.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/amazonprime

https://www.pocket-lint.com/tv/news/amazon/141120-what-is-amazon-prime-and-what-do-you-get-for-your-money

You can pay extra for Prime Music unlimited or Kindle Unlimited. But the standard Prime membership definitely includes Prime Music.

Last time I played with with prime music, it was just a taster for you to try music unlimited...

There was some bits that where missing that where frustrating...

I use Spotify and you can download stuff and save it to a device (phone) and play back as you like. The highest quality is recommended for over wi-fi but if via phone signal you use the less good quality it's okay, especially if you're playing it on a phone. Not exactly the greatest sound reproduction equipment.

Music streaming services like Spotify have revolutionised peoples access to huge amounts of music. However, for me there’s a problem. I’m obsessed with owning my music and playlists. As soon as you stop subscribing to these streaming organisations all your music/playlists disappear into thin air, don’t they?