Not bike related? Talk about it here!
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Has liked: 856 times
Been liked: 2347 times

Telephone / broadband

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:51 pm

We're with BT for broadband and calls and coming to the end of contract. They've been abysmal - so much so I wrote formal complaint to which the only response I got was an email saying 'We've closed your complaint'. :x

So - looking at Uswitch there's much cheaper deals with better speeds (though living where we do I suspect they're unrealistic). What I can't figure out is do those deals include the line costs as well as the broadband and calls? Or are line costs extra?

I have to keep the current number as it's my work number. Just want broadband and anytime calls really, both landline and mobile because most people who I need to call only have mobiles.

Ta.

Edit - looking again I see that some do include line costs. So that's bits sorted. So any recommendations who is decent in terms of customer service?
Last edited by Mississippi Bullfrog on Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

husoi
Bike(s): Honda Pam European ST1300 (08);Honda VT700c Shadow
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 569 times

Re: Telephone / broadband

Post by husoi » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:54 pm

Personally I'm just waiting to get Virgin at my door to move from EE

You should find what is included in the price on the details usually in font size 1.5...
All my food only eat vegetables. So, I'm an indirect vegetarian :cool:

All problems have a solution.
You just need to figure it out :)

fastbob
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and another ER5
Has liked: 3104 times
Been liked: 3855 times

Post by fastbob » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:27 pm

Don't touch Three with a barge pole . There are places with zero signal including my flat .

rennie
Bike(s): Honda VFR1200f
Challenge score: 370
Has liked: 4100 times
Been liked: 1311 times

Post by rennie » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:49 pm

They're all horrible!
We're with Virgin, fine when it works,
absolutely terrible customer service
Ian.
hoggs bonus 1/15
west midlands4/12
north wales2/12
Pubs complete
Churches complete

gymwitch
Bike(s): Honda cbr 125 & Honda CBR400 RR NC23
Has liked: 741 times
Been liked: 425 times

Post by gymwitch » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:02 pm

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:51 pm
We're with BT for broadband and calls and coming to the end of contract. They've been abysmal - so much so I wrote formal complaint to which the only response I got was an email saying 'We've closed your complaint'. :x

So - looking at Uswitch there's much cheaper deals with better speeds (though living where we do I suspect they're unrealistic). What I can't figure out is do those deals include the line costs as well as the broadband and calls? Or are line costs extra?

I have to keep the current number as it's my work number. Just want broadband and anytime calls really, both landline and mobile because most people who I need to call only have mobiles.

Ta.

Edit - looking again I see that some do include line costs. So that's bits sorted. So any recommendations who is decent in terms of customer service?

I can do you a quote if you like. We have excellent customer service as you can use me to deal with any issues 🙂
I'm fat but identify as skinny...i'm trans-slender :D

XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Has liked: 2304 times
Been liked: 2993 times

Post by XTreme » Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:14 pm

Meanwhile in Spain......€40 a month inc landline unlimited calls.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Bender
Has liked: 2162 times
Been liked: 2503 times

Post by Bender » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:38 pm

XTreme wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:14 pm
Meanwhile in Spain......€40 a month inc landline unlimited calls.
You need it out there though as staring at scorched land and olive trees gets a bit boring after 3mins. 😁

We just go with who ever gives the most cash back, service speeds are pretty even as rarely do you get the maximum.

Customer service is another thing, if and when it goes wonkey that's when good or bad comes to light and unless your in Hull or on a Virgin network that invariably means them telling you it's probably your fault and that if they come out and it is your fault you may be charged.

Also its pretty much always openreach who come out, as it's all openreach cables and exchanges all your doing is agreeing to the middle man's terms.

I personally hate Virgin, they had the worst customer service by far, the contention ratio was absurd, it took them 2 months of investigation for them to decide that it was themselves who were causing the slow speeds as there wasn't enough capacity at peak times.

The daughter has had a broken Virgin cable manhole cover for over a year, the council can't even get them to change it they have put a temp large cover over the lot.

Found everyone else to be much of a muchness.
Bite my shiny metal ass..

Mawsley
Bike(s): Tigger Alpine, Child’s scooter
Has liked: 1122 times
Been liked: 1764 times

Post by Mawsley » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:08 pm

rennie wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:49 pm
They're all horrible!

bonio
Subscriber
Bike(s): DR-Z400 SM, RV 125 VanVan, what next ???
Challenge score: 390
Has liked: 1619 times
Been liked: 645 times

Post by bonio » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:29 pm

Plusnet. Been with them for years and dont really want to change. The only downer is that I have to phone them every now and then to get them put me on a better deal.
Two Soups

Bender

Post by Bender » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:49 pm

bonio wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:29 pm
Plusnet. Been with them for years and dont really want to change. The only downer is that I have to phone them every now and then to get them put me on a better deal.
I switched my mobile to them and the granddaughters which apparently I'm also paying for.

SometimesSansEngine
Bike(s): BMW F800GT
Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by SometimesSansEngine » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:14 am

Plusnet is owned by BT, albeit a different customer services team so you may get a better experience with them in that regard.

Bender

Post by Bender » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:35 am

SometimesSansEngine wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:14 am
Plusnet is owned by BT, albeit a different customer services team so you may get a better experience with them in that regard.
Yup it's just a re seller, but it's cheaper and customer service is good.

Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:51 am

Interesting. Thanks for that info re. Plusnet. Their calls inclusive deal actually looks the most attractive at the moment.

I'll have to ask how good their routers are. It's a big house and the construction of it means WiFi struggles. We have BT halo discs which work well, but their service has been appalling.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:51 am

gymwitch wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:02 pm
Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:51 pm

Ta.

I can do you a quote if you like. We have excellent customer service as you can use me to deal with any issues 🙂
Who is that with?
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

Gerontious
Bike(s): Honda Africa Twin
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 1737 times

Post by Gerontious » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:12 am

I just use my mobile as a hub for the computer. Fast enough for my internet needs. I was with Virgin and was so glad to see the back of them. When I told them my landline was redundant and please disconnect it. They told me that my bill would increase!!! That really was the last straw. They take the concept of a “loyalty penalty” to the extreme.
A wonderful thing is work, I could watch it all day.

Return to “General Chat”