Narrow boot issue Sidi

Hi all, I've been trying to get some nice boots that fit. since moving to leather trousers my boots won't fasten over them and are basic anyway, so bought some SIDI off ebay half a size bigger too. But, these seem very narrow on the foot. No way can i zip them even halfway.

So are there boots that are better for wider feet etc or are most race-style boots really tight and narrow.

they were only off eBay so not spent the earth. Il sell em on.

Guest Richzx6r

I generally have to go a size or two up due to having large calves as if I get ones to.fit my feet ( UK size 10) then they dont do up round my calves so I opt for size 11/12 which I can just about do up.

Its 1 piece leathers I have a big job fitting in to as I'm an odd size and shape

it seems that all boots are getting narrower and not just bike boots

It's because the template that they cut the soles with wears out over time and gets smaller .

• 2 weeks later...

Alpinestars are nowhere near as narrow as Sidi and I order my trainer size and they fit perfectly.

3 pairs of my boots are Alpines as they just fit well out the box, offer great protection and the SMX Plus with Goretex are still going strong after nearly 6 years! Maybe try some Alpines and see how they fit?

My other pair is a set or armourded Daytona shoes for work, meeting friends for dinner etc.

Sidi is really good kit, I found I had to go a size up with my sidi boots, the same with Dainese leather trousers, one size up required, I think its an Italian thing....SBS are really good, if they don't fit they exchange with no quibble, nothing beats actually going to the shop and trying them on though, although I know that isn't always an option. I did find that Richa boots were very much a true size fit and definitely wider than sidi.