coronavirus....

Not bike related? Talk about it here!
User avatar
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Posts: 3510
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Location: Near Oulton Park
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 2350 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:06 am

Someone where my wife works had to be tested, and was told it would be a week before they get the result.

That's simply not going to work. If they are positive then everyone else at work needs to be tested, but they'll have spent a week in circulation in the meantime.

This can only lead to another lockdown.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

User avatar
S-Westerly
Subscriber
Posts: 1641
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Location: Gloucestershire
Has liked: 2300 times
Been liked: 1099 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by S-Westerly » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:13 am

South Africa is nuts as well. We all had to be temperature scanned on arrival and departure by the port doctor. While waiting for his helicopter ride back ashore he was telling me that he had men ashore who'd been medically evacuated from ships 5 months ago. They were effectively under house arrest once discharged from hospital. There were no flights in or out of South Africa and apparently it'll be 2021 before there are any. Unsurprisingly many of them were getting rowdy and stroppy. Also not all of them were getting paid by their companies, particularly those from Asia. Life's a real bitch at the moment.
Back in the blue. No bikes.....

User avatar
Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Posts: 3510
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 7:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Location: Near Oulton Park
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 2350 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:24 am

S-Westerly wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:13 am
South Africa is nuts as well. We all had to be temperature scanned on arrival and departure by the port doctor. While waiting for his helicopter ride back ashore he was telling me that he had men ashore who'd been medically evacuated from ships 5 months ago. They were effectively under house arrest once discharged from hospital. There were no flights in or out of South Africa and apparently it'll be 2021 before there are any. Unsurprisingly many of them were getting rowdy and stroppy. Also not all of them were getting paid by their companies, particularly those from Asia. Life's a real bitch at the moment.
Those men's stories need to be told.It is a small step but as we approach harvest festival time when people include the harvest of the seas those men need to be mentioned. People need to remember we rely on seafarers for most of the things we take for granted.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

User avatar
Snod Blatter
Posts: 925
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:07 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): CBX250RS-E CB250N Two Fifty TRX850 K100RS Z250SL
Location: Leicester
Has liked: 1480 times
Been liked: 353 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Snod Blatter » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:23 am

On the plus side I was actually made to give details at a pub last Thursday so I'm sure our World Beating track and trace system will save us :cheers:

Now, are they going to make my year and extend the furlough scheme? I can but hope.
Image

User avatar
XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 2306 times
Been liked: 2993 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by XTreme » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:14 pm

You couldn't make this up could you?

Ebbsfleet coronavirus testing centre in Kent closed to make way for lorry park for post-Brexit customs checks!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-54158100

User avatar
Tankbag
Subscriber
Posts: 3256
Joined: Sat May 07, 2011 11:16 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Hayabusa Gen1
Location: South Staffordshire
Has liked: 1700 times
Been liked: 621 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Tankbag » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:31 pm

The only folks I saw without masks at the supermarket yesterday were two unconnected blokes both about 20 & a gobby female with her pram spawn & her bloke, again 20s. New data shows the 20 - 39 age bracket are now the spike. Can't think why :twisted:
Image

In the Buff HERE = viewtopic.php?f=6&t=73218

Richzx6r
Posts: 3855
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:28 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Kawasaki zx6r j1 and a1p 636
Location: Sunderland
Challenge score: 30
Has liked: 3654 times
Been liked: 1252 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Richzx6r » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:34 pm

This virus has been blown out of all proportion, plenty of people die from colds/flu, I don't think it's as bad as everyone fears it to be
Its better when its loaded

User avatar
Swagman
Subscriber
Posts: 994
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:56 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 2003 Yam Fazer1000 +2007 Fz6
Location: Torksey Lincs
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 627 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Swagman » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm

Richzx6r wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:34 pm
This virus has been blown out of all proportion, plenty of people die from colds/flu, I don't think it's as bad as everyone fears it to be
They say there was 11000 died last year of flu that’s in the whole year, I think there has be quite a few more from Covid in 5 months.

User avatar
Gerontious
Posts: 2755
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:59 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Honda Africa Twin
Location: Misty hills of Mapperley
Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 1737 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Gerontious » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:18 pm

Swagman wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm
Richzx6r wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:34 pm
This virus has been blown out of all proportion, plenty of people die from colds/flu, I don't think it's as bad as everyone fears it to be
They say there was 11000 died last year of flu that’s in the whole year, I think there has be quite a few more from Covid in 5 months.
Dont take it lightly. Its nothing like the flu, that is a very bad comparison. even if you survive and it doesn't move to your lungs. you are very likely to be damaged by it. doesn't really matter what age you are either.
A wonderful thing is work, I could watch it all day.

User avatar
XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 2306 times
Been liked: 2993 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by XTreme » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:42 pm

Swagman wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm
Richzx6r wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:34 pm
This virus has been blown out of all proportion, plenty of people die from colds/flu, I don't think it's as bad as everyone fears it to be
They say there was 11000 died last year of flu that’s in the whole year, I think there has be quite a few more from Covid in 5 months.
50K+ I'd have thought!

Make no mistake......this thing is for real!

User avatar
SometimesSansEngine
Posts: 1467
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:31 pm
Bike(s): BMW F800GT
Location: Somerset
Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 651 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by SometimesSansEngine » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:57 pm

It's not just the pure 'how many die' figure. It's how that number ramps up and overwhelms the health service in a short period of time.

User avatar
Six30
TOTY 2019
Posts: 8253
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:48 am
Gender: Male
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Location: In Rennies wardrobe
Has liked: 2494 times
Been liked: 4109 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Six30 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:09 pm

XTreme wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:14 pm
You couldn't make this up could you?

Ebbsfleet coronavirus testing centre in Kent closed to make way for lorry park for post-Brexit customs checks!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-54158100

i go past Ebbsfleet most days and its mostly always near on empty .... and they have opened another testing centre about 3 miles down the road to take its place.
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
The rule of Six.

User avatar
XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 2306 times
Been liked: 2993 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by XTreme » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:17 pm

Six30 wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:09 pm
XTreme wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:14 pm
You couldn't make this up could you?

Ebbsfleet coronavirus testing centre in Kent closed to make way for lorry park for post-Brexit customs checks!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-54158100

i go past Ebbsfleet most days and its mostly always near on empty .... and they have opened another testing centre about 3 miles down the road to take its place.
I thought people were screaming there cos they couldn't get tests?

User avatar
Swagman
Subscriber
Posts: 994
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:56 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): 2003 Yam Fazer1000 +2007 Fz6
Location: Torksey Lincs
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 627 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Swagman » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:28 pm

Gerontious wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:18 pm
Swagman wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm
Richzx6r wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:34 pm
This virus has been blown out of all proportion, plenty of people die from colds/flu, I don't think it's as bad as everyone fears it to be
They say there was 11000 died last year of flu that’s in the whole year, I think there has be quite a few more from Covid in 5 months.
Dont take it lightly. Its nothing like the flu, that is a very bad comparison. even if you survive and it doesn't move to your lungs. you are very likely to be damaged by it. doesn't really matter what age you are either.
You are dead right there I certainly don’t take it lightly, I’m still not completely over it 6 months later, I’m sure it has damaged my lungs slightly. :cry:

User avatar
XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:17 pm
Gender: Male
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Location: Granada, Spain
Has liked: 2306 times
Been liked: 2993 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by XTreme » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:56 pm

Swagman wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:28 pm
Gerontious wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:18 pm
Swagman wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:01 pm


They say there was 11000 died last year of flu that’s in the whole year, I think there has be quite a few more from Covid in 5 months.
Dont take it lightly. Its nothing like the flu, that is a very bad comparison. even if you survive and it doesn't move to your lungs. you are very likely to be damaged by it. doesn't really matter what age you are either.
You are dead right there I certainly don’t take it lightly, I’m still not completely over it 6 months later, I’m sure it has damaged my lungs slightly. :cry:
A few FB bike friends are saying the same thing!

Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], Moonraker and 8 guests