Has liked: 3654 times
Been liked: 1252 times

Re: coronavirus....

Post by Richzx6r » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:31 pm

Six30 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:39 am
Richzx6r wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:14 am
I'm not saying it's not a problem, I believe I had the virus at the beginning of the year when I was diagnosed as having norovirus as I was very I'll and It was only slightly worse than the flu all I'm saying is i dont think its quite as bad as it's been made out
It’s bad ...if you get it and your immune system can’t fight it , I know first hand .
But I know where your coming from rich .
I know you do mate, and I hope iv not caused any offence or anything
Its better when its loaded

Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber
Bike(s): Honda CBF500 ABS Triumph Bobber
Has liked: 857 times
Been liked: 2350 times

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:57 pm

Well whatever other effects this has it's certainly buggered up my pension. Just had the forecast and it's down 25% on last year.

Looks like I'll be pushing trolleys round Tesco's car park well into my 90's. :cry:
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Has liked: 2306 times
Been liked: 2993 times

Post by XTreme » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:18 pm

Mississippi Bullfrog wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:57 pm
Well whatever other effects this has it's certainly buggered up my pension. Just had the forecast and it's down 25% on last year.

Looks like I'll be pushing trolleys round Tesco's car park well into my 90's. :cry:
Decimated pound exchange rate is hitting mine! Every month it gets less!

S-Westerly
Subscriber
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Has liked: 2300 times
Been liked: 1099 times

Post by S-Westerly » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:42 pm

There's new stuff coming out about this virus all the time. One recent theory (and why masks may help) is that how sick you get depends on the viral load you take on initially. This may also account for sick medical staff as they may well be exposed to more of the virus. A bit of good news is that in Germany (I think) a small study showed that over a relatively short period of time damage to lungs became less severe. People tested after 6 months had noticeably improved lungs than after 3 months.
Either way this plague has a long way to run yet. What I'd like to see is the government showing exactly why they are taking the actions they have done as so much of it is illogical, irrational and plain barking mad as it is. Give us real facts not bombastic BS!
Back in the blue. No bikes.....

XTreme
Useless campaign manager

Post by XTreme » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:46 pm

The Spanish village that ran out of space for its dead

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020 ... -dead.html

Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:21 pm

XTreme wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:46 pm
The Spanish village that ran out of space for its dead

https://english.elpais.com/society/2020 ... -dead.html
Part of the strategy here was for mass burial sites which thankfully were not needed.

Yet.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

Six30
TOTY 2019
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Has liked: 2494 times
Been liked: 4109 times

Post by Six30 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:57 pm

Richzx6r wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:31 pm
Six30 wrote:
Richzx6r wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:14 am
I'm not saying it's not a problem, I believe I had the virus at the beginning of the year when I was diagnosed as having norovirus as I was very I'll and It was only slightly worse than the flu all I'm saying is i dont think its quite as bad as it's been made out
It’s bad ...if you get it and your immune system can’t fight it , I know first hand .
giphy (2).gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
The rule of Six.

MarkW
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 1394 times

Post by MarkW » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:28 pm

Six30 wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:57 pm
Richzx6r wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:31 pm
Six30 wrote:

giphy (2).gif
Twat him, Six!

:D
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

SometimesSansEngine
Bike(s): BMW F800GT
Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by SometimesSansEngine » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:43 pm

One of my old work colleagues has gone total tinfoil hat on this. I'm not talking the "I think it's blown out of proportion" opinion here. I'm talking full on conspiracy. Several posts a day shared on facebook about how this is a multi-government global conspiracy, that there really is no such thing as Covid-19. Everything that we have been through with lockdown, proving compliance with face masks, accepting travel bans etc is all part of 'softening us up'. Every action of every player in this - China, Trump etc - is all actually coordinated to help sell the con (every day brings fresh evidence). And it all culminates in a 'vaccine' that by then we will all accept and will demand is made compulsory globally, and in fact all it is is to implant some sort of chip into every person in the world. For some reason.

My only consistent rebuke is do you really actually believe that those in charge are that competent that they can pull this off on a global scale?

(They think yes)

goat
Bike(s): Tdm850, sv650 project
Has liked: 1840 times
Been liked: 857 times

Post by goat » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 pm

SometimesSansEngine wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:43 pm
One of my old work colleagues has gone total tinfoil hat on this. I'm not talking the "I think it's blown out of proportion" opinion here. I'm talking full on conspiracy. Several posts a day shared on facebook about how this is a multi-government global conspiracy, that there really is no such thing as Covid-19. Everything that we have been through with lockdown, proving compliance with face masks, accepting travel bans etc is all part of 'softening us up'. Every action of every player in this - China, Trump etc - is all actually coordinated to help sell the con (every day brings fresh evidence). And it all culminates in a 'vaccine' that by then we will all accept and will demand is made compulsory globally, and in fact all it is is to implant some sort of chip into every person in the world. For some reason.

My only consistent rebuke is do you really actually believe that those in charge are that competent that they can pull this off on a global scale?

(They think yes)
Christ alive, con trails, world is flat Yadda Yadda. There isn't a hope in hell that the world's politicians could get together to organise something as elaborate as that. I'm sure people only interest themselves in this tripe so they can avoid dealing with the more obvious and actual injustices in the world.
The only hope is these people will refuse vaccines and succomb to an illness that will prevent them breeding.
Find me on instagram
goat_and_groundsel

Bikes I've known and loved:
Mk1 1999 Bandit 600
Guzzi stelvio
R1200GS twin cam - will miss you beaker :crybaby:

XTreme
Useless campaign manager

Post by XTreme » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:09 pm

goat wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 pm

(They think yes)
Christ alive, con trails, world is flat Yadda Yadda. There isn't a hope in hell that the world's politicians could get together to organise something as elaborate as that. I'm sure people only interest themselves in this tripe so they can avoid dealing with the more obvious and actual injustices in the world.
The only hope is these people will refuse vaccines and succomb to an illness that will prevent them breeding.
That shit is rampant! And Bill Gates is always in the middle of it......and some Rothchilds!

The same twats who keep insisting that there is a cure for cancer but it's only administered to the worlds rich elites.

My immediate response to that is always......"If that's the case.......why is Steve Jobs dead then'?"

They don't like rational questioning!

MarkW
Has liked: 456 times
Been liked: 1394 times

Post by MarkW » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:36 pm

(They think yes)
I got exactly the same drivel from the lady who owns the cattery we dropped our cat off at a couple of weeks ago when we went on holiday. I may have been slightly less diplomatic than you, and suggested that there was a reason why she spends her life emptying litter trays...

:lol:
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Mr Fro
Subscriber
Bike(s): ZX6r, ZXR750L Turbo
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 976 times

Post by Mr Fro » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:41 pm

(They think yes)
A bit like this then:
images.jpeg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bonio
Subscriber
Bike(s): DR-Z400 SM, RV 125 VanVan, what next ???
Challenge score: 390
Has liked: 1621 times
Been liked: 645 times

Post by bonio » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:01 pm

It used to be just the Yanks and the odd nutter who were into conspiracy theories. And now suddenly it's become thing here too. Don't fully understand how that happened.
Two Soups

Mississippi Bullfrog
Subscriber

Post by Mississippi Bullfrog » Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:43 pm

bonio wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:01 pm
It used to be just the Yanks and the odd nutter who were into conspiracy theories. And now suddenly it's become thing here too. Don't fully understand how that happened.
Elvis is behind it all. Him and John Lennon are cooking up a world changing order.
Honda CBF500 ABS
Triumph Bobber

Return to “General Chat”