Can battery be saved?

KWCFC

:lol: That's almost right! :thumb:

Voltage can also be known as potential difference.

To call it charge is not really correct.

Charge would most likely be used in relation to a battery or a capacitor

:thumb:

Yeah voltage is not charge. I wasn't saying that. I was saying voltage is a force. Caused because there is a difference in charge between two areas.

@WD-40

That's what I meant, honest!! :oops:

Here's my basic explanation of electricity. It might clear up voltage and current for you. I think it's right but do your own investigating. Electricity is all about electrons and the flow of electrons. Atoms have positive charges at their center called protons. They have negative charges called electrons orbiting around the positive protons. Under normal conditions the atom has an equal number of positively charged protons and negatively charged electrons so the two balance and there is no net charge, the atom is neutral.

If the atom gains energy through light, heat, magnetism etc, the outer most electron can gain enough energy to leave it's atom and join another atom. Remember the electron has a negative charge so the atom that lost the negatively charged electron now has more positively charged protons than negatively charged electrons so it becomes positively charged. The atom that gained the electron now has more negatively charged electrons than positively charged protons so it's now negatively charged.

Atoms always want to get back to a neutral state so an attractive force is created between the two atoms that draws them together. That attractive force is Voltage. So Voltage is a force create between two areas of different charge. That's why when you measure Voltage with your multimeter it's always between two point. You're measuring the difference in charge between the two points. An example would be a battery. The positive side of a battery is positive because it has a lack of electrons. The negative side is negative because it has an excess of electrons, so a voltage is created between the two terminals. Current then is just the continuous flow of electrons. Resistance is the opposition to the flow of electrons. There's lots of videos on youtube about it.

You forgot to add that conventional current flow is Positive to Negative, whereas electron current flow is Negative to Positive. :wink: