Bullit Bluroc

hutchbrighton

Just tell them it's a Mutt Mongrel or make up a suitably stirring name of your own . These things are all the same bloody bike . ( More or less ) 😉

Polish_20200919_202954285.thumb.jpg.43e47b4f36af3ab4420d1f0238e1f9ee.jpg

Just tell them it's a Mutt Mongrel or make up a suitably stirring name of your own . These things are all the same bloody bike . ( More or less ) 😉

It's another unknown brand name hiding the Chinese connection then Bob?

[mention]XTreme[/mention] Google shows its a Belgium based company that uses Chinese parts. So just like Bob said it's essentially the same as the mutt mongrel :?

Original poster: Give bikesure a ring and they should be able to help you :thumb:

https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/app.php/bikesure

I was being a little facetious but yes , I strongly suspect that to be the case .

I was being a little facetious but yes , I strongly suspect that to be the case .

I looked on their site......can't see any mention of where the motor is built.

That says it all.

I’m not sure why this is an issue. There are two types of Chinese motorcycle producers. Those that do it properly are in it for the long haul, Kymco being an example, a former BMW contractor that went independent. And the “in it for a fast buck” brigade that clone simple Japanese engines and then build bikes as cheaply as possible. I would compare it with a hypothetical. An Apple iPhone that retails at £1000 in an apple store or reputable reseller. And what looks like an identical phone that costs £80 and can be bought only online. My iPhone was made in China, I don’t worry about it. Any BMW single was made in China too. These bikes made for small independent outfits like Mutt in Birmingham and presumably this company in Belgium, I would imagine are from decent enough production facilities in China and then the bare bones machine “finished” here in Europe. I’m not sure it’s fair to compare these with the cheap and fairly awful ‘disposable’ bikes we see problems with all the time. Obviously they don’t have the back up of a vast dealer network and all that goes with it and that can lead to issues. But I don’t think it’s fair to tar them all with the same brush. They are not all the same.

Any BMW single was made in China too.

As I understand it, BMW bought the rights to the Rotax single when they ceased production and then get the assembly done in China.

The new G650GS is essentially the 2007 single-cylinder F650GS brought back into production with some minor modifications and with the engine assembled by Loncin in China instead of Rotax in Austria, but still using parts manufactured by Rotax in Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_F_series_single-cylinder

It's not a Chinese engine.......any more than the YBR125 is, which is also assembled in China.

I’m not sure why this is an issue. There are two types of Chinese motorcycle producers. Those that do it properly are in it for the long haul, Kymco being an example, a former BMW contractor that went independent. And the “in it for a fast buck” brigade that clone simple Japanese engines and then build bikes as cheaply as possible. I would compare it with a hypothetical. An Apple iPhone that retails at £1000 in an apple store or reputable reseller. And what looks like an identical phone that costs £80 and can be bought only online. My iPhone was made in China, I don’t worry about it. Any BMW single was made in China too. These bikes made for small independent outfits like Mutt in Birmingham and presumably this company in Belgium, I would imagine are from decent enough production facilities in China and then the bare bones machine “finished” here in Europe. I’m not sure it’s fair to compare these with the cheap and fairly awful ‘disposable’ bikes we see problems with all the time. Obviously they don’t have the back up of a vast dealer network and all that goes with it and that can lead to issues. But I don’t think it’s fair to tar them all with the same brush. They are not all the same.

At what point was the quality of these motorcycles called into question ? The issue here is that an insurance company has not updated it's listings to include a bike that was released in March 2020 . I merely pointed out that there are at least two other brands that bear a striking similarly to the bike in question . Admittedly I was being a little tongue in cheek when I suggested calling it something else but it's worth pondering . I tried to insure an MZ TS 125 with Swinton once and they refused to acknowledge it's existence . We got round it by simply crossing things out on the paperwork but when I declared that it had no monetary value that really sent them into a spin . 😂