16 members have voted

1. 1. So what Bike is XTreme getting?

• Kymco
    • Charlie Chan
    • Keeway
    • Chicken Foo Yung
    • Hu Yu Hai Ding
    • Wai So Dim

If you haven't seen it, I posted a Ride Report yesterday saying that it would be the Strom's last one......because I plan to change it this week.

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73575

Nothing unusual about that......after all, I've had 63 bikes since 1971 so it's not as if I keep them that long anyway. But for some reason everybody's lost their shit and are screaming to know what the replacement is going to be.

It's even spreading to other threads now......so I'm putting this one here so you can all follow the progress from initial idea to actually taking delivery of it.

And to add a bit of edge.......I've put up a Poll. After all, you Casuals love a Poll! And I've narrowed it down for you by listing six bikes from highest cc to lowest cc. And one of them is the REAL one!

Also.....as with TOTY......you have the ability to change your vote! So I can't be fairer than that.

It's over to you......and feel free to tell us WHY you voted the way you did!

Edited by XTreme

Looks like the original one is off the list because of the feedback I got.

Not that it was a bad bike......more the fact that the Strom beats it in all areas convincingly......except weight and off road ability.

Not that it seems to be particularly impressive offroad........because the suspension is pretty budget. More the case that the reduction in weight makes it a bit easier to manoeuvre.

What was it?

1642084513_WhatsAppImage2020-09-16at20_30_09.thumb.jpeg.c06002f402f692a62129898ff992c92c.jpeg

[mention]Richzx6r[/mention] called it right!

Guest Richzx6r

Not that it was a bad bike......more the fact that the Strom beats it in all areas convincingly......except weight and off road ability.

Not that it seems to be particularly impressive offroad........because the suspension is pretty budget. More the case that the reduction in weight makes it a bit easier to manoeuvre.

What was it?

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-16 at 20.30.09.jpeg

@Richzx6r called it right!

I'm surprised you would ride for zee germans.....

What was it?

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-16 at 20.30.09.jpeg

@Richzx6r called it right!

I'm surprised you would ride for zee germans.....

I've had a Beemer before......see previous post.

If there was a bike that suited my needs at the time (as the R1150GS did in 2005) then I'd get one.

Ultimately I'm sure it'll come down to this.........nothing is going to be a perfect match for me like an XT.

If you haven't seen it, I posted a Ride Report yesterday saying that it would be the Strom's last one......because I plan to change it this week.

Nothing unusual about that......after all, I've had 63 bikes since 1971 so it's not as if I keep them that long anyway. But for some reason everybody's lost their shit and are screaming to know what the replacement is going to be.

It's even spreading to other threads now......so I'm putting this one here so you can all follow the progress from initial idea to actually taking delivery of it.

And to add a bit of edge.......I've put up a Poll. After all, you Casuals love a Poll! And I've narrowed it down for you by listing six bikes from highest cc to lowest cc. And one of them is the REAL one!

Also.....as with TOTY......you have the ability to change your vote! So I can't be fairer than that.

out in that terrain you need a medium sized traily :P

out in that terrain you need a medium sized traily :P

That's the dilemma though......they don't make them any more.

I'm talking all the old XT, DR, KL and XR range of air cooled Thumpers.

The CRF250L is a great bike for sure.......but with only 24bhp on tap it would be a struggle.

i have heard its the servicing thing with the crf you are always having to service them not like the xr's one guy said he wouldn't have one for that reason a bit like owning a race bike :|

No.....you're confusing them with the MX CRF's.

The CRF250L has 8,000 mile service intervals, with the valve check waiting until 16,000 miles.

I'm yearning for the Pacific Coast of my dreams!

download.jpg

https://motos.coches.net/ocasion/honda/pacific_coast_800/1990-en-alicante-7047543.htm

That’s a fecking boat.

Agreed !

It`s what you would get if a Goldwing was allowed to mate with an inshore cruise boat. :puke:

Cheers

Ian