What you doing this weekend?

rennie

A road I've wanted to try for ages, up over the top between Ffestinog and Pentrefoelas. A bit bumpy but the views are amazing. There was nowhere safe to stop for a photo where the best views are though, at least not with three bikes.

IMG_20200918_112524102.thumb.jpg.2e3309d8d62e0ae04b17c4eb7daf2eb7.jpg

It was a bit cooler today so I'm glad I wore my padded textiles.

A road I've wanted to try for ages, up over the top between Ffestinog and Pentrefoelas. A bit bumpy but the views are amazing. There was nowhere safe to stop for a photo where the best views are though, at least not with three bikes.

IMG_20200918_112524102.jpg

And no rain either? :shock:

Not sure if the wife is going to drag me to the shops tomorrow (I'm not mentioning it just in case) but Sunday I'll be out.

Hopefully to that remote abandoned village in the Sierra de Segura that's been on hold for the last couple of months due to the heat!

lg.thumb.jpg.6e698f459a1a14592d0a2c792dd97688.jpg

Not sure if the wife is going to drag me to the shops tomorrow (I'm not mentioning it just in case) but Sunday I'll be out.

Hopefully to that remote abandoned village in the Sierra de Segura that's been on hold for the last couple of months due to the heat!

So what has actually happened here ? Is this the encroachment of climate change or did the people just say f**k it and move to the cities when industrialization came along ? Dosen't look like you could grow or graze anything there in the first place .

So what has actually happened here ? Is this the encroachment of climate change or did the people just say f**k it and move to the cities when industrialization came along ? Dosen't look like you could grow or graze anything there in the first place .

Nope - they all heard XTreme was coming so they legged it.

That one was forcibly depopulated because the State wanted the land!

A legacy of Franco's rule!

IMG_20200918_112524102.jpg

This photo was taken on the B4407 and café at junction with B4391 serves some really good sandwiches 👍, and mate asked for a mug of tea, and got one 😁.

In fact must see if café open, up there week after next 👍

IMG_20180505_133127386_HDR.thumb.jpg.f5081eb7dd741c512d720e87a9575f51.jpg

IMG_20180505_134821817.thumb.jpg.fbc0f08024a9b10d9b884bdf91920278.jpg

This weekend will be spent on eBay looking for Bandit bits. As suspected the bike is an economical write off after the rear end bump. It was the cost of a new top fairing + labour that did it. Cat N.

Was given the option to scrap or buy back. I’ve said I’ll buy back and repair.

Now looking on line it seems I need to inform DVLA . Any one else had this?

I miss forums - so much nicer than facebook - and they have the mandatory "what are you doing xxx xxx xxx" - :D :D

Me, i'm making the most of the warm weather down here to get some miles on the clock before I pull the bike to pieces for a rebuild and repaint.

Sure wifey won't mind me going out both days....right ?

Spent the morning trying to align the rear wheel/chain.... So bare with me on this one as I'm still so new to all this two wheeled thing.

Got my alignment laser this week (got to love a new toy to play with) as I wasn't 100% that the rear wheel was in alignment, it had a weird looseness at times when cornering. I dropped by the supplying dealer the other week and they couldn't be arsed/not interested and just put it down to me not knowing what I'm talking about.

So I put the bike up on the rear stand and loosened the axel nut, two long breaker bars required there! :(

Put the laser on the cog and by a quarter of the way up the chain it had gone from outside to in, but the time it was reaching the front it was well off and onto the chassis.

So I grab a couple of spanners to adjust the lock nut and adjuster, only to find that the lock nut was about 4 full turns away from locked. :mad:

Having never done anything like this it took me a while to get my head around which way they work to adjust to get things lining up and tightened up. Check again and it's now from the outside of the chain at the rear cog to about the middle of the chain at the front cog.

Is this straight enough? :scratch:

Took it for a ride to Rykers (60 mile round trip) and it still doesn't feel quite right... Maybe it's now my head that has a looseness, or should I get it double checked by someone who know's what they are doing?

Fish

[mention]Fish[/mention] If you've got the chain tension right, then I'd have thought the wheel would have to be more out of line than that for it to affect the ride (although it could affect how the chain wears?). I just rely on getting the alignment marks matching leave it at that.

Walked along the Blyth at high tide.

Cleaned, oiled and tightened the chain. Might go out for a pootle with mrs bonio tomorrow.

Suffolk coost? Where d'ye go @goat?

Southwold and Walberswick. Not been in years. Last time was with ma and pa. Stopped by peasenhall on way home. There was a nice guzzi V9 parked up. Next time will be Orford Ness I think.

Southwold and Walberswick. Not been in years. Last time was with ma and pa. Stopped by peasenhall on way home. There was a nice guzzi V9 parked up. Next time will be Orford Ness I think.

Ha. We almost got to Southwold on our walk, but turned round at the windmill in the marsh. Crazy busy there at the moment.

Walberswick is my favourite though.

Ha. We almost got to Southwold on our walk, but turned round at the windmill in the marsh. Crazy busy there at the moment.

Walberswick is my favourite though.

Yeah Southwold was heaving. We only ended up there as the stupid sat nav took us the wrong side. I'll know better for next time.

Sywell-2020-Logo-WithDates-1.png

Ouch ! £22 is a bit steep .

Luckily I got a club ticket for a fiver for both of us, but it still wasn’t worth it.

Not sure what the props but was - but there were no planes in the air and bugger all to look at on the ground I’d not seen before for free. That left cars, a lot of cars. I hate cars. Cars and their owners can go suck a chubby one in my book. Some bikes, nothing really impressive.

We left and visited the best pub beer garden for miles - one we had to ourselves. It was glorious.

8CC6871B-0AF9-4188-9173-17F2403F6572.thumb.jpeg.688e233ba128534ba6c7d9b1548addd0.jpeg

Sywell-2020-Logo-WithDates-1.png

Luckily I got a club ticket for a fiver for both of us, but it still wasn’t worth it.

Not sure what the props but was - but there were no planes in the air and bugger all to look at on the ground I’d not seen before for free. That left cars, a lot of cars. I hate cars. Cars and their owners can go suck a chubby one in my book. Some bikes, nothing really impressive.

We left and visited the best pub beer garden for miles - one we had to ourselves. It was glorious.

8CC6871B-0AF9-4188-9173-17F2403F6572.jpeg

Glad I didn't bother then .

8CC6871B-0AF9-4188-9173-17F2403F6572.jpeg

Glad I didn't bother then .

Social distancing was present by its absence. The wife was just off a 24hr shift, looked at the crowds rubbing up against each other to see a four wheel thing go brmmm, and sighed.