S450RR - Nice looking bike

manxie49

The trouble with China is that many of the people there are incredibly status conscious and the most desirable possessions are often western. They can't afford to buy them so unscrupulous companies basically make rip-off copies which are sold only in China. It's the same with high-end watches etc. The Chinese government (as crooked as they come) actively encourages it as all the money spent stays in China. Yet another reason why I try and avoid buying stuff made there.

I've bought one of these and the quality is very good . Kawasaki price £309.50 which is just shy of what I paid for the whole bike . It's a bit difficult to stand on principle when you're offered a 90% discount .

Screenshot_20200922-101753.thumb.png.7c94f0336417b2cf29ec4ca56ad1f40f.png

Sadly this is so, when we get ripped off at one end by trying to do the right thing with ridiculously high prices or ripped off by buying something cheap that's a rip off. On the plus side i have bought a couple of things made in China that have not necessarily been that cheap because they've been well made and used quality materials. They can make decent stuff when they want to.

Sadly this is so, when we get ripped off at one end by trying to do the right thing with ridiculously high prices or ripped off by buying something cheap that's a rip off. On the plus side i have bought a couple of things made in China that have not necessarily been that cheap because they've been well made and used quality materials. They can make decent stuff when they want to.

That sums it up quite well! On the point of the Chinese made stuff it all depends what you want, you want to buy cheap they make cheap. You want quality they can make it and usually undercut others, a lot of the raw materials they have access to. I used to be an engineer and China does make some good stuff but some chinese owners also like the provenance of certain things and prefer they are made where they should be. I find American owned companies the worst for buying a Company for what it is and then totally ruining it by cost cutting making it a totally different entity