New bike

learningtofly

Not been around much of late (other stuff going on) but after 18 months or so with a BMW R9T I finally concluded that - lovely bike though it is - its not a Trumpet.

Anyway, I've just picked up a very nice Thruxton 1200R in its place... it dates from December 2016 but it only has 2,600 miles on the clock and a host of mods including:

Triumph LED indicators

R&G tail tidy

Weslake decat X-Pipe

Weslake anodised bashplate

Ironhead OVC11SS slip-on silencers

Triumph tank/knee pads

Motone Customs Union Jack carb/throttle body covers

Booster plug

i-rwX83rw-L.jpg

Sounds amazing decatted and with the x-pipe & end cans fitted... here's a little sound clip that the seller recorded. Should keep the neighbours on their toes, anyway :)

decat

Have a great Sunday, everyone.

Edited by learningtofly
  • Like 1

Nice bike - I love the Thruxton and by all accounts they give a great ride. I bumped into someone who was parking his in the market place a couple of years ago. He'd had it just a few weeks, and was really thrilled with it.

Nice bike - I love the Thruxton and by all accounts they give a great ride. I bumped into someone who was parking his in the market place a couple of years ago. He'd had it just a few weeks, and was really thrilled with it.

Thanks. It'll take a bit of getting used to but it looks and sounds amazing.

Had a nice little ride out to Harpenden today and caught the closing stages of a cricket match in the late afternoon sun. The bike looked lovely, but the sound... I've never heard a bike pop on the overrun like this one does 8-)

i-KbTn3d8-L.jpg

Edited by learningtofly

Lol why am I not surprised! 😂 Can't believe you've had the bmw for 18 months though OMG does time fly. Very nice mate. How many bikes is that since you started now then?!

Haha... that'll be about 4, or 5 if you include the YBR :P

In what 2 years?! 😂

Looks really nice :thumb: , I saw one of these yesterday when I was at Loomies, no idea what they ride like but thought it was a very cool looking bike.

How much does it pop and bang when you shit the throttle?, I don’t think I’ve experienced a bike that does it more than my R1 seems to so far!, like constant artillery fire on over run, the Thruxton sounds great too.

Lol why am I not surprised! 😂 Can't believe you've had the bmw for 18 months though OMG does time fly. Very nice mate. How many bikes is that since you started now then?!

Haha... that'll be about 4, or 5 if you include the YBR :P

In what 2 years?! 😂

Yes, but the YBR doesn't really count! :lol:

Very nice indeed 👍

Cheers!

Looks really nice :thumb: , I saw one of these yesterday when I was at Loomies, no idea what they ride like but thought it was a very cool looking bike.

How much does it pop and bang when you shit the throttle?, I don’t think I’ve experienced a bike that does it more than my R1 seems to so far!, like constant artillery fire on over run, the Thruxton sounds great too.

Thank you. The effect when you roll off the throttle is hard to describe - suffice it so say that it's literally a continuous series pops and crackles... incredible to hear 8-)

Well, a nice ride with a set of new Road 5s fitted was quite an eye opener! The handling is up there with that of my old Street Triple, and the Showa/Ohlins suspension set-up is wonderful.

A couple of photos... what a beautiful looking thing it is!

i-LvpMTww-L.jpg

i-wRSssZ8-L.jpg

Nice looking bike but I think purely from the aesthetics I prefer the BMW. No idea how ride quality and performance compared though. I ride a Multistrada so am certainly not in a position to cast aspersions on other folks bikes! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Well, a nice ride with a set of new Road 5s fitted was quite an eye opener! The handling is up there with that of my old Street Triple, and the Showa/Ohlins suspension set-up is wonderful.

i-LvpMTww-L.jpg

i-wRSssZ8-L.jpg

Nice looking bike. Is that Luton Hoo?

i-LvpMTww-L.jpg

i-wRSssZ8-L.jpg

Nice looking bike. Is that Luton Hoo?

Yes it is - well spotted.

I prefer abmw, Just by the look nothing technical.

Nice looking bike but I think purely from the aesthetics I prefer the BMW. No idea how ride quality and performance compared though. I ride a Multistrada so am certainly not in a position to cast aspersions on other folks bikes! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That’s fine - the BMW is a gorgeous bike and I think it looked amazing. Perhaps it was just time for a change - there are lots of lovely bikes out there.

The Triumph is a lovely looking bike. The engine is brilliant and the noise on the overrun is marvellous.

Are you finding that cars pull over to let you past? I suspect the exhaust rumble has that effect. A downshift and a blip of throttle usually has the desired outcome.

The Triumph is a lovely looking bike. The engine is brilliant and the noise on the overrun is marvellous.

Are you finding that cars pull over to let you past? I suspect the exhaust rumble has that effect. A downshift and a blip of throttle usually has the desired outcome.

Thank you, and it's funny you should ask that. I went out for about an hour's ride yesterday and three or four cars did indeed pull over to let me past/through. I had two stationary car drivers wind their windows down for a chat, a couple of thumbs up from cars driving past me in the other lane, and a long chat with someone when I was parked up. I've never come across such interest in my bike before.