Wrist watches - what you got/want?

geofferz

Every day is a school day! Less so now tbh - I bought an omega aqua terra and that does everything. I could buy a new rolex, or a new race bike and I can't afford both soooo... Yeah I'd take the bike. I used to have a tag, die as, nomos dress watch, but hand wind was a pain, leather, can't get it wet... Convenience is king. Coincidentally it's in the shop in Turkey (managed to find an omega dealer) as I got water in it somehow!! They are fixing it for me, but I feel naked 😔 You? Another thread perhaps.

I really want a Railmaster, with the blue face and steel wrist band. though right now im happy enough slumming it with my Stowa.

Stowa is a superbly respected watch in my circles. Mr shauer knows how to make em. A few times I came v close to nabbing a deck watch but never quite made it. Which do you have?

[mention]Gerontious[/mention] ?

I have the "back to bauhaus" antea. exactly like this:

a0b92058dbd9ff9b54c42cb7a25cc914.thumb.jpg.e9fd86737afb7988e4eb347fc0faeb5c.jpg

beautifully simple and by far the most accurate watch Ive owned in years.

I also have a glycine hand wound, that i rarely wear and a japanese JDM that needs a service.. so has been \retired\. But the Stowa is my favourite.

If i were to buy a new one, the ideal first choice would be the Omega, but if i cant justify that then i have my eyes on the Lacroix Aikon. which apes, to a degree the AP

I also have a real soft spot for Breguet, I really like the Classique 5177 despite it being extremely 'dressy'.. though 'simple' too.

Edited by Gerontious

With clocks everywhere I have stop wearing them.

Usually was a great fan of Seiko and was very close to loose my mind on a top of range one but then I have the laptop (2 of them) 2 phones, TV, Hi-Fi system, DVD player, the kitchen clock, alarm clock, the car one, the radio telling the news every hour.

I realise I don't need it :thumb:

With clocks everywhere I have stop wearing them.

Same here, although in my case I don't wear one because time is necessarily linear and incremental for the watch-wearer, and I don't want to be shackled to a linear existence. :thumb:

Edited by MarkW

Nice one @XTreme :thumb:

I haven't bought it......it's too far away from me!

If that was in Granada, Almeria, or Murcia provinces I'd be taking a close at it.

I'm sure you could get it delivered.

Then go to the north to get the gel pads in the seats :)

Nice one @XTreme :thumb:

I haven't bought it......it's too far away from me!

If that was in Granada, Almeria, or Murcia provinces I'd be taking a close at it.

I'm sure you could get it delivered.

Then go to the north to get the gel pads in the seats :)

But I'd need to get the Strom there for part ex......that's an issue with work commitments.

And also, if there's a problem with it, it's getting it back to Malaga.

Slowly walks out of the thread hiding his G-Shock behind his back........ :oops:

G shock is a respected watch. My omega leaked water this week which was embarrassing - I was gonna buy a temp g shock to give, climb in etc. But I want this one which is pricey Screenshot_20200921-182352_Chrome.thumb.jpg.64b3dd0cff7e5f3780524de27c5eeb22.jpg

I really want one of these:

5500V-110A-B148_RV.jpg

http://ablogtowatch.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Vacheron-Constantin-Overseas-Chronograph-5500V-aBlogtoWatch-30.jpg

Sadly a bit out of my price range though!.

Yes not too shabby. I like the mustard one1373618375_images(8).jpeg.1096cff57b1fcf00d35bcc4f8bbbf34e.jpeg

a0b92058dbd9ff9b54c42cb7a25cc914.jpg

I also have a glycine hand wound, that i rarely wear and a japanese JDM that needs a service.. so has been \retired\. But the Stowa is my favourite.

If i were to buy a new one, the ideal first choice would be the Omega, but if i cant justify that then i have my eyes on the Lacroix Aikon. which apes, to a degree the AP

I also have a real soft spot for Breguet, I really like the Classique 5177 despite it being extremely 'dressy'.. though 'simple' too.

Yeah nice. Handwind unitas is that?

Which omega?

I too love this AP. 20k nowadays though 😔 And only 50m wr!!777565047_images(9).jpeg.7c06354b0e3493b434f530f577821a4c.jpeg

Nothing posh. A g shock and s couple of storm ltd editions and a storm I won in a competition. I never wear a watch though. What I'd really like is a very cheap watch with a simple clear analogue display and NATO strap. The kind of watch that would survive anything and still only costs £15.

a0b92058dbd9ff9b54c42cb7a25cc914.jpg

Yeah nice. Handwind unitas is that?

Which omega?

I too love this AP. 20k nowadays though 😔 And only 50m wr!!images (9).jpeg

The Railmaster with the blue face, exactly like this:

220_10_40_20_03_001.thumb.jpg.02f505a549e74ebe8f71e1569c13d4cd.jpg

The Glycine is one of the oversized 45mm with a repurposed pocket watch calibre.

I like the Aikon, because it takes some style cues from the Nautilus. without the price tag.

product46257-0-6358_cropped.jpg.thumb_FFFCFA_611x1000.thumb.jpg.a53ddc79f0470f4eab37db7f83b5f98b.jpg