You can kick me out if you want...

Not bike related? Talk about it here!
MarkW
Has liked: 455 times
Been liked: 1394 times

You can kick me out if you want...

Post by MarkW » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:46 pm

I've just sold my bike. :crybaby:

I am fully expecting to be excommunicated for this heinous act and will take my punishment like a man, or at least as close as I can get to being a man without knowing anything about football or going in for that strange raised-leg bollock-juggling manoeuvre that some blokes seem to do in public whilst talking to their mates.

Anyway, this was not an easy decision. I mainly did two types of riding: day trips out with my wife, and long-haul blasts across Europe on business, which I absolutely loved. Unfortunately my wife picked up a niggling back injury a couple of years ago that made biking agony, and during her recovery she decided to sell her bike. On top of that I didn't manage a single foreign trip last year for one reason or another, and this year has been a complete washout too, for obvious reasons. Next year isn't looking any better either, and all the conferences I would have gone to on the continent have already decided to become online events for 2021. The occasional blast to the office really doesn't justify keeping a K1600GT in the garage, and so I decided to let someone else have the benefit of what is undoubtedly a stunning bit of engineering. :(

Technically I suppose I am still a bike owner if not actually a bike rider as I've got most of an ST1300A in the warehouse at work, waiting to be resurrected. If that's enough to qualify me for continued membership of this fine forum (and incidentally the only one I haven't either left voluntarily because it was shit or been banned from for being rude about Cilla Black) then all well and good. If not, just reply with 'Twat' and I'll go and find somewhere else to hang out. I should also come clean and admit to owning a caravan, if that sways your decision...

:D
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Bender
Has liked: 2150 times
Been liked: 2495 times

Re: You can kick me out if you want...

Post by Bender » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:50 pm

:shock:

No worse than the rest of the forum members, if we can find space for foreigners living in the waste lands of hoth I'm sure your continued presence here will be fine.

Ohhh we would miss your posts too 😁
Bite my shiny metal ass..

Marino
Bike(s): Super duke 1290 gt
Has liked: 295 times
Been liked: 384 times

Post by Marino » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:34 pm

:crybaby: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

goat
Bike(s): Tdm850, sv650 project
Has liked: 1832 times
Been liked: 854 times

Post by goat » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 pm

St1300 build thread would go a long way 😁
Find me on instagram
goat_and_groundsel

Bikes I've known and loved:
Mk1 1999 Bandit 600
Guzzi stelvio
R1200GS twin cam - will miss you beaker :crybaby:

Six30
TOTY 2019
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Has liked: 2487 times
Been liked: 4079 times

Post by Six30 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:44 pm

The no bike thing , no problem :thumb:

as for the caravan admission you can fook off.
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
The rule of Six.

XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Has liked: 2260 times
Been liked: 2954 times

Post by XTreme » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:46 pm

MarkW wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:46 pm

I am fully expecting to be excommunicated for this heinous act and will take my punishment like a man, or at least as close as I can get to being a man without knowing anything about football or going in for that strange raised-leg bollock-juggling manoeuvre that some blokes seem to do in public whilst talking to their mates.

Anyway, this was not an easy decision. I mainly did two types of riding: day trips out with my wife, and long-haul blasts across Europe on business, which I absolutely loved. Unfortunately my wife picked up a niggling back injury a couple of years ago that made biking agony, and during her recovery she decided to sell her bike. On top of that I didn't manage a single foreign trip last year for one reason or another, and this year has been a complete washout too, for obvious reasons. Next year isn't looking any better either, and all the conferences I would have gone to on the continent have already decided to become online events for 2021. The occasional blast to the office really doesn't justify keeping a K1600GT in the garage, and so I decided to let someone else have the benefit of what is undoubtedly a stunning bit of engineering. :(

Technically I suppose I am still a bike owner if not actually a bike rider as I've got most of an ST1300A in the warehouse at work, waiting to be resurrected. If that's enough to qualify me for continued membership of this fine forum (and incidentally the only one I haven't either left voluntarily because it was shit or been banned from for being rude about Cilla Black) then all well and good. If not, just reply with 'Twat' and I'll go and find somewhere else to hang out. I should also come clean and admit to owning a caravan, if that sways your decision...

No bike?

I can see a Mod gig on the horizon for you!
jbgiphy (3).gif
What you say @Six30?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Six30
TOTY 2019

Post by Six30 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:48 pm

XTreme wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:46 pm
MarkW wrote:

No bike?

jbgiphy (3).gif

What you say @Six30?

he couldn't do any worse than the other two clowns
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
The rule of Six.

manxie49
Bike(s): Yamaha MT10 & Honda CRF250
Has liked: 429 times
Been liked: 461 times

Post by manxie49 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:23 pm

The no bike thing will never last....I tried it once and lasted four months!! Once a biker always a biker "it's the way we're made" :thumb:
If you don't like Motorcycles, you won't like me .... And I'm OK with that!

skyrider
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Has liked: 395 times
Been liked: 787 times

Post by skyrider » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:29 pm

MarkW wrote:

well at least you are honest about it so i would stick around :thumb:
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

fastbob
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and another ER5
Has liked: 3092 times
Been liked: 3828 times

Post by fastbob » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:36 pm

If I ever need a refresher course in venting spleen in an eloquent and entertaining manner I've always got one of your posts to turn to . For that reason Mark , I would love you to remain a contributor . 😉

geofferz
Subscriber
Bike(s): 2020 Suzuki GSX-R1000R
Has liked: 1248 times
Been liked: 828 times

Post by geofferz » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:54 pm

You're between bikes - it's cool, we get it. What you looking at then?
Spanker of cyclists' arses

XTreme
Useless campaign manager
Bike(s): BMW G650GS
Has liked: 2260 times
Been liked: 2954 times

Post by XTreme » Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:58 pm

@MarkW.......if you go I'll be stuck with these braindead Gammons!

Copycat73
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Copycat73 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:17 pm

bikeless .. on the same level as a bus w**ker ....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Six30
TOTY 2019

Post by Six30 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:21 pm

XTreme wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:58 pm
@MarkW.......if you go I'll be stuck with these braindead Gammons!
giphy (4).gif
The rule of Six.

Bender
Has liked: 2150 times
Been liked: 2495 times

Post by Bender » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:30 pm

Six30 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:48 pm
XTreme wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:46 pm
MarkW wrote:

No bike?

jbgiphy (3).gif

What you say @Six30?

he couldn't do any worse than the other two clowns
OK, seriously that's a fecking enough.

Stu and rennie are doing the best they can 😁
Bite my shiny metal ass..

Return to “General Chat”