You can kick me out if you want...

MarkW

I've just sold my bike. :crybaby:

I am fully expecting to be excommunicated for this heinous act and will take my punishment like a man, or at least as close as I can get to being a man without knowing anything about football or going in for that strange raised-leg bollock-juggling manoeuvre that some blokes seem to do in public whilst talking to their mates.

Anyway, this was not an easy decision. I mainly did two types of riding: day trips out with my wife, and long-haul blasts across Europe on business, which I absolutely loved. Unfortunately my wife picked up a niggling back injury a couple of years ago that made biking agony, and during her recovery she decided to sell her bike. On top of that I didn't manage a single foreign trip last year for one reason or another, and this year has been a complete washout too, for obvious reasons. Next year isn't looking any better either, and all the conferences I would have gone to on the continent have already decided to become online events for 2021. The occasional blast to the office really doesn't justify keeping a K1600GT in the garage, and so I decided to let someone else have the benefit of what is undoubtedly a stunning bit of engineering. :(

Technically I suppose I am still a bike owner if not actually a bike rider as I've got most of an ST1300A in the warehouse at work, waiting to be resurrected. If that's enough to qualify me for continued membership of this fine forum (and incidentally the only one I haven't either left voluntarily because it was shit or been banned from for being rude about Cilla Black) then all well and good. If not, just reply with 'Twat' and I'll go and find somewhere else to hang out. I should also come clean and admit to owning a caravan, if that sways your decision...

:D

I am fully expecting to be excommunicated for this heinous act and will take my punishment like a man, or at least as close as I can get to being a man without knowing anything about football or going in for that strange raised-leg bollock-juggling manoeuvre that some blokes seem to do in public whilst talking to their mates.

Anyway, this was not an easy decision. I mainly did two types of riding: day trips out with my wife, and long-haul blasts across Europe on business, which I absolutely loved. Unfortunately my wife picked up a niggling back injury a couple of years ago that made biking agony, and during her recovery she decided to sell her bike. On top of that I didn't manage a single foreign trip last year for one reason or another, and this year has been a complete washout too, for obvious reasons. Next year isn't looking any better either, and all the conferences I would have gone to on the continent have already decided to become online events for 2021. The occasional blast to the office really doesn't justify keeping a K1600GT in the garage, and so I decided to let someone else have the benefit of what is undoubtedly a stunning bit of engineering. :(

Technically I suppose I am still a bike owner if not actually a bike rider as I've got most of an ST1300A in the warehouse at work, waiting to be resurrected. If that's enough to qualify me for continued membership of this fine forum (and incidentally the only one I haven't either left voluntarily because it was shit or been banned from for being rude about Cilla Black) then all well and good. If not, just reply with 'Twat' and I'll go and find somewhere else to hang out. I should also come clean and admit to owning a caravan, if that sways your decision...

No bike?

I can see a Mod gig on the horizon for you!

44718553_jbgiphy(3).gif.5c16167b5952d68fa0dd4aed18c1dd38.gif

What you say [mention]Six30[/mention]?

No bike?

jbgiphy (3).gif

What you say @Six30?

he couldn't do any worse than the other two clowns

well at least you are honest about it so i would stick around :thumb:

If I ever need a refresher course in venting spleen in an eloquent and entertaining manner I've always got one of your posts to turn to . For that reason Mark , I would love you to remain a contributor . 😉

No bike?

jbgiphy (3).gif

What you say @Six30?

OK, seriously that's a fecking enough.

Stu and rennie are doing the best they can 😁

No bike?

jbgiphy (3).gif

What you say @Six30?

lau.gif.cbee6c568d4dfa878b3aa93ac3024ba5.gif

No bike?

jbgiphy (3).gif

What you say @Six30?

giphyml.gif.9543de22c58d9d33090d566ecd2a3636.gif

If I ever need a refresher course in venting spleen in an eloquent and entertaining manner I've always got one of your posts to turn to . For that reason Mark , I would love you to remain a contributor . 😉

Ahem... yes, well... :oops:

I have to admit that when our staff are being given a rough time by one of our more obnoxious clients they do come to my office and ask if I can send one of my 'special' emails...

:lol:

Cilla Black ... MarkW...

giphy.gif

Oh no. I've gone and glyphed :cry:

I know, I know...

It was a musicians forum, and a load of demented Scousers went completely mental when I suggested that carrying on as though 'Our Cilla' was one of the family when she clearly loathed Liverpool and its inhabitants, or claiming through tears of synthetic grief that she had 'the voice of an angel' when her singing actually sounded like a live donkey being sawn in half, did nothing to dispel the image of Liverpudlians as happiest when given an opportunity to indulge in a bit of mawkish wailing and keening.

Sadly there was no time to explore this fascinating thesis any further before the onset of hostilities, and it quickly became apparent that even launching a hasty (and totally insincere) Operation Scouse Grovel was unlikely to save the day, and after I dropped the term 'Mersey Trout' into the conversation I was promptly banned in a most peremptory manner.

:oops:

Cilla Black ... MarkW...

giphy.gif

Oh no. I've gone and glyphed :cry:

I know, I know...

It was a musicians forum, and a load of demented Scousers went completely mental when I suggested that carrying on as though 'Our Cilla' was one of the family when she clearly loathed Liverpool and its inhabitants, or claiming through tears of synthetic grief that she had 'the voice of an angel' when her singing actually sounded like a live donkey being sawn in half, did nothing to dispel the image of Liverpudlians as happiest when given an opportunity to indulge in a bit of mawkish wailing and keening.

Sadly there was no time to explore this fascinating thesis any further before the onset of hostilities, and it quickly became apparent that even launching a hasty (and totally insincere) Operation Scouse Grovel was unlikely to save the day, and after I dropped the term 'Mersey Trout' into the conversation I was promptly banned in a most peremptory manner.

:oops:

A live donkey being sawn in half 🤣🤣🤣 yes i have to agree with that !!! Blood curdling to say the least !!