Listening to music while riding

Motorbike related? Can't find what you're looking for below? Then post here!!
NeilM
Bike(s): ST 1050
Has liked: 617 times
Been liked: 503 times

Re: Listening to music while riding

Post by NeilM » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:21 pm

Listen to music via in ear earphones all the time.
Spotify daily mix.

onesea
Bike(s): TDM 900/ Triumph Trophy 1200
Has liked: 371 times
Been liked: 508 times

Post by onesea » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:28 pm

Breezin wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:56 pm
quiet music -- i.e. not Bat Out of Hell -- on not too loud works well, but only a very relaxed ride.
I am music all the time, I find that I actually ride quicker with relaxed music I get into flow and don't notice speedo :o
Shania Twain is one i am listening to...
A survey showed profiles with a location are 80% more likely to get a response :thumb:
To add location on phone or desktop browser:
1) Click your profile name (this brings up Popup), 2) Tap User control Panel, 3) Tap the Profile Tab Scroll down to: Location
Or click this link: https://themotorbikeforum.co.uk/ucp.php ... ofile_info

learningtofly
Subscriber
Bike(s): 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
Has liked: 328 times
Been liked: 415 times

Post by learningtofly » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:38 am

fastbob wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:18 pm
Related topic . Next time you're bored on the motorway , try doing simple mental arithmetic at 70 mph . I've tried and found myself to be utterly incapable of doing it . What this indicates to me is that the whole point of riding a bike is to give certain areas of the brain a day off while focusing exclusively on the moment that you're in . The only serious crash that I've had was caused by a combination of fatigue and the last thing I remember which was thinking ahead to where I was going to camp . I shouldn't have been thinking , I should have been doing . Apologies if this doesn't make a lot of sense but I've had a particularly grim day at the office.
Actually it makes perfect sense, Bob :thumb:

fastbob
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and another ER5
Has liked: 3092 times
Been liked: 3823 times

Post by fastbob » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:08 am

Favourite riding tunes ? Even if you don't use ear speakers , what's playing in your head ?

S-Westerly
Subscriber
Bike(s): Ducati Multistrada 950
Has liked: 2279 times
Been liked: 1087 times

Post by S-Westerly » Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:30 am

fastbob wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:06 pm
Does anyone make their own music by singing when they ride their bike ? I have been known to do so . At the moment I seem to be fixated on Silver Train by the Stones .
I do. I'm a lousy singer, can't carry a tune in a paper bag but I like singing to myself. Best place to do it is on the bike as nobody else can be traumatized by it. Also sing in the car if I'm by myself. Once inadvertently broke into song when my grandsons were with me. The abuse I received was cruel.
Back in the blue. No bikes.....

geofferz
Subscriber
Bike(s): 2020 Suzuki GSX-R1000R
Has liked: 1248 times
Been liked: 828 times

Post by geofferz » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:47 am

fastbob wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:08 am
Favourite riding tunes ? Even if you don't use ear speakers , what's playing in your head ?
The doors riders on the storm
Spanker of cyclists' arses

Pbassred
Bike(s): Honda VFR800 Vtec, Previous; Honda CBR500R
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 79 times

Post by Pbassred » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:00 pm

Related topic . Next time you're bored on the motorway , try doing simple mental arithmetic at 70 mph . I've tried and found myself to be utterly incapable of doing it . What this indicates to me is that the whole point of riding a bike is to give certain areas of the brain a day off while focusing exclusively on the moment that you're in . The only serious crash that I've had was caused by a combination of fatigue and the last thing I remember which was thinking ahead to where I was going to camp . I shouldn't have been thinking , I should have been doing . Apologies if this doesn't make a lot of sense but I've had a particularly grim day at the office.
I listen to Brazilian music. Since Its in Portuguese and I don't understand Portuguese it doesn't engage the logic part of the brain. I just let it wash over me. Actually I find that it stops me getting bored and trying to end the ride early - Speeding.
If there isn't enough lubricant, you must be doing it wrong.

curlylegend
Bike(s): Yamaha TDM 850 3VD
Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by curlylegend » Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:39 pm

fastbob wrote:
Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:18 pm
I kind of know what you mean. A long time ago I used to be a member of a rather esoteric cycling club who organised very long distance rides, 400km, 600 km, 1200km etc. This meant cycling through the night a lot, frequently short of sleep. As the club was an off-shoot of a French club the distances were all in Kilometres so in UK you had to convert road sign distances to stay on track of your navigation.... no sat nav then ! At night, when I was feeling a bit sleepy, I would do some mental distance conversions and found this kept me sharp enough to cycle. But by cycling buddy was the exact opposite. When he got sleepy, even trying to hold a conversation was too much for his concentration and when he stopped replying to you you knew he was tired so you didn't talk to him, just let him ride.

Mawsley
Bike(s): Tigger Alpine, Vespa GTS300
Has liked: 1108 times
Been liked: 1754 times

Post by Mawsley » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:02 pm

Sometimes.

Sometimes I fancy the silence being ruined by the exhaust, sometimes I fancy a singsong at the top of my voice.

Breezin
Bike(s): RE Interceptor
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 34 times

Post by Breezin » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:10 pm

geofferz wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:47 am
fastbob wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:08 am
The doors riders on the storm
Willie Nelson, On the Road Again.

Really!

jedibiker
Bike(s): suzuki bandit 650SA
Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 84 times

Post by jedibiker » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:04 pm

I like too. but also like to ride silent.. well you know.
New helmet comms don't play music well though so will no doubt use earphones for music when out alone.

Six30
TOTY 2019
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Has liked: 2486 times
Been liked: 4079 times

Post by Six30 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:18 pm

i cant get my head round wanting to listen to music while riding a bike, its just weird .
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
The rule of Six.

gymwitch
Bike(s): Honda cbr 125 & Honda CBR400 RR NC23
Has liked: 738 times
Been liked: 425 times

Post by gymwitch » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:48 pm

We got Domio Pro headsets so that he can talk to me...(im the quiet one). I love listening to music while riding and Andy listens to stories. I like the sound because i can still hear the bike. I dont like the feeling of being disconnected from it. The Domio works by vibration so you get a whole sound surround experience. The down side is everyone can hear it as its mounted on the outside of the helmet.
I'm fat but identify as skinny...i'm trans-slender :D

joshteller
Bike(s): R6
Been liked: 1 time

Post by joshteller » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:46 pm

Run The Jewels new album! Amazing... Also free here - https://www.freebierush.com/free-run-th ... s-4-album/

Swagman
Subscriber
Bike(s): 2003 Yam Fazer1000 +2007 Fz6
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 627 times

Post by Swagman » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:29 pm

No I prefer to concentrate on the road and all the morons that are trying to kill me.

Return to “Motorbike Chat”