HISS & OIL Light

dazza001

Looking for advice!! I've had a couple of issues while out riding where for a few seconds there is a loss of power and the HISS and oil light come on for a few seconds, after a few seconds the lights go out and the power is back again, it's a bit of an issues especially when opening her up and suddenly no power for a few seconds it could quite easily throw you off. I'm riding an 05 CBR 600rr

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

is it just an end can or has the cat been done away with ? mate of mine had same thing and it was where cat was removed and wires on sensor that goes the new exhaust was twisted or not in properly

I'm not sure to be honest, any advice on the best way to check?, is it as simple as taking off the end can and checking??

cat/muffler will be underneath bike , towards rear of it, if its still there, no need to take any thing off you will see it.

Thanks six30, I'll check in the morning as I would imagine I will have to remo e the bottom fairing to get a good look.

you should be able to see it with out removing anything

I only get the HISS and oil light come on, like I previously stated its only happened a few times while out riding, the hiss and oil light comes on and there is a loss of power for approx 3 seconds then everything goes back to normal??

I only get the HISS and oil light come on, like I previously stated its only happened a few times while out riding, the hiss and oil light comes on and there is a loss of power for approx 3 seconds then everything goes back to normal??

could be what i said, you need some one to look at it. Just got rid of cat/muffler on mine and had to fit a exhaust servo eliminator or it would of brought F1 light up on dash, but your not getting that ?

• 2 weeks later...

So a quick update on my issue, the bike went into the garage this week and the problem is solved, after what seemed like it was looking for a needle in a haystack it appears that a part of the wire loom from from ignition barrel was almost broken which was causing the issue, now all repaired and ready to hit the road again.

So a quick update on my issue, the bike went into the garage this week and the problem is solved, after what seemed like it was looking for a needle in a haystack it appears that a part of the wire loom from from ignition barrel was almost broken which was causing the issue, now all repaired and ready to hit the road again.

glad its sorted :thumb: