New jacket

Let us know if it is actually waterproof when you've tried it in the rain.

Not too fussed about waterproof, just wanted something lightweight but warmish to use over winter instead of my leather one, i have a lightweight waterproof over suit that i can carry with me if i happen to get caught in a shower :thumb:

Looks good .... Damn good price as well

The material feels quite robust, and it is certainly warm, i was getting a right sweat on when i tried on in the store, but that could have been down to the girl who helped me take it off :lol:

Be interesting to see how it wears. Not a fan of stuff that's so cheap as my past experience has been it's never worn well. Still if it works for you then crack on.

For occassional pleasure use it should be fine, it might not last as long as some other brands if being used on a daily basis for commuting etc, but maybe a dozen or so times over winter i would expect to get a few years service from it :thumb:

Looks good .... Damn good price as well

The material feels quite robust, and it is certainly warm, i was getting a right sweat on when i tried on in the store, but that could have been down to the girl who helped me take it off :lol:

Certainly sounds like what's needed for the winter ride .... and I mean the jacket not the girl :lol:

Having looked again, I couldn't see what the safety rating was, is it A, AA or AAA ?

Under the latest legislation unless it has a safety rating it should not be sold as a Motorcycle Jacket.

Doesn't say but it doesn't say on some of the other jackets at twice the price either :lol:

This explains it and has pictures. Because this is a recent regulation a lot of old stock is being mis-sold, which is a bit naughty but I suppose they just want to shift the stock.

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/news-and-views/features/product/motorcycle-clothing-the-ce-approval-law-explained

Just looked and it does not have that type of label but neither does my leather jacket or my RST jeans both of which were bought in 2019, anyway i am happy enough with the jacket as it's only for some winter rides if we get some nice days to ride out in :thumb:

Whilst the draft legislation has been in place since 2018 I think it only fully came into force in August 2020. I'm not 100% about the August date.

Which makes sense why a lot of stuff is on sale :lol:

I can't find any of those markings in my jackets either, just had a look, these are the only safety standard markings I have....

IMG_0602.thumb.jpeg.8d5447121970f2cf425c0c54750c2643.jpegIMG_0603.thumb.jpeg.ae11f50fa1f4f89bda78fb4c4a42c2ee.jpeg

Unless you have bought a jacket recently that is new stock it won't have the A, AA or AAA rating.

True enough, as i said it is fine for my needs, today would have been a great day for testing it as we had a right downpour earlier but couldn't be arsed getting the CG out from around the back :lol: