Long way up

James in Brum

No chance , can't stand Charlie Boorman and I refuse to entertain the idea of electric motorbikes plus I don't have any subscription TV channels .

No chance , can't stand Charlie Boorman and I refuse to entertain the idea of electric motorbikes plus I don't have any subscription TV channels .

I agree with every single word, Bob.

I did see the first one, and mostly enjoyed it.

The second one lost me when the wife got involved.

Can't be arsed with the third one - even when it gets to youtube

I seem to be the polar opposite of Fast Bob. I like Charlie Boorman, I think electric bikes and cars are the future and I have access to Netflix, prime and Apple TV.

Seen the first two episodes so far and I’m enjoying it. I watched the long way round fairly recently and was surprised how long ago it was and how dated it looked.

I think Charlie Boorman's OK.......his personality contrasts well with Ewan Mcgregors. Not sure why so many people single him out for criticism.

He ain't the best rider in the world.....and he knows it. But fair play to him he has a crack at anything......even the Dakar. Tell you what, it takes big balls to have a go at that.

For me, the let down on this one is the electric bikes! I'd like to see them do it on real world stuff like KTM's or Beemers.

The electric element is the challenge, they've already done a couple of adventures which are far far bigger than most of us will ever do on petrol. Being able to pick up petrol pretty much anywhere or have spare taken on the support vehicles is easy. Yes they have the sprinter full of batteries that they have tried to charge from but couldn't, maybe they sort that later but range anxiety and where the next charge is coming from makes it a harder challenge for them to do and more entertaining for us to watch.

We've had a hundred years of ice bikes the future is on the horizon and it's coming like it or not, now I get that some don't like it but I have no issues with it.

Only watched first one thought it was fine, will wait till they are all available as I'm not paying sub for Apple TV but will pay for a month when they are available to binge watch 😁.

Will give Charlie his due that's a fair few necks he's taken before they even start.

Even though I have Apple TV, I plan to watch this once the whole show is out. I'm in the I've watched the other two so may as well watch this one camp. It has been ages since the last two came out so I hardly remember anything about them but I did find the trailer for this one funny when all the kids didn't seem to know what Star Wars are, :lol:

I can't remember the last time I turned the television on. I liked it when the Magic Roundabout was on. I believe the English version made no attempt to follow the original French storyline, they just made something up that fitted the filming, which is rather wonderfully anarchical.

Camberwick Green in Trumptonshire was all the rage when I was a kid. :D

It's a shame the Long way up is on Apple TV as I find terrestrial TV just full of vapid people on vapid shows.

Right click and open in private window :thumb:

https://pirateproxy.cloud/search.php?q=camberwick+green&all=on&lucky=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky&page=0&orderby=

https://pirateproxy.cloud/search.php?q=trumpton&all=on&lucky=I%27m+Feeling+Lucky&page=0&orderby=

Within a few days of each other we have several members decrying the blatant rip off of the BMW SS and another digesting digital piracy.

James don't you get tired of being so righteous you need to chill out more :thumb:

Within a few days of each other we have several members decrying the blatant rip off of the BMW SS and another digesting digital piracy.

James don't you get tired of being so righteous you need to chill out more :thumb:

Thank you for your concern [mention]dynax[/mention] , I don’t find it particularly tiring to try to avoid doing the wrong thing no.