Rucksacks with Helmet Carriers

Hi All

Bit of a noob here (just about to take CBT), but I thought I better try and post in the correct channel, rather than the newbie channel.

One of the many advantages of getting my full bike license is the cheaper commute, however a train journey will often be included, and I'm looking to get a decent size rucksack that has a helmet carrier (harness), and is a good size to carry my boots and laptop.

I've seen few out there on Amazon; just wondered if you guys have any recommendations at all? (or brands to stay away from!)

Thanks!

Make sure you put the helmet on its bag (usually supplied with the helmet) before you put it in the rucksack.

That will prevent accidental scratches to the helmet or the visor.

I would go for a waterproof one just to be on the safe side.

Have a look at sportbikeshop via the link in the forum so it helps [mention]Stu[/mention] and the forum :thumb:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/466630/#/27907,3203,1186

Hi Welcome

I would say large top box leave boots and lid on bike.... You can use it to carry your shoes and laptop when riding.

I am not keen on carrying my helmet they are always getting knocked. So much so if I got to supermarket on bike I take a shopping trolley to put my lid in! A rucksack would take a fair beating as well if surrounded by commuters...

Hey Onesea - thanks. That’s a fair point! My only concern about top boxes were how secure they are - some people have said that they take little more than 2 mins with a screwdriver.

I have no point of reference, but am happy to here recommendations for top boxes too!! What are the better brands to look at?

Hey Onesea - thanks. That’s a fair point! My only concern about top boxes were how secure they are - some people have said that they take little more than 2 mins with a screwdriver.

Mine would probably take less than that. Then I have always use my old lid for commuting, or a cheap lid.

Plus if they take my lid and don't damage the bike I will be happy.

IMHO they are more likely to take the bike. Second hand helmets have little value...

I ride to work and park on the street near my office.

I have a normal back pack (contains lunch, laptop, football kit when needed) I got from sport direct for my commute that I leave in my top box whilst riding.

If it's cold or wet I keep my helmet on for the short walk to the office. The security guys are used to me walking in with it on now. Once inside I put the helmet in the drawstring bag it came with.

For summer the lid comes off asap once parked and hand carried to the office. I've left it in the top box on several occasions in office or always at football as it's a relatively secure and dry place to keep it.