16 members have voted

1. 1. So what Bike is XTreme getting?

• Kymco
    • Charlie Chan
    • Keeway
    • Chicken Foo Yung
    • Hu Yu Hai Ding
    • Wai So Dim

I'm glad you asked that Fro......cos this is the state of play!

Looks like it's going to be the week after next that it's available.......because there's a waiting list to get ITV's (MOT's) done due to the Covid shutdown.

And you can probably guess that it's going to be the G650GS.......the CRF250L would be better offroad for sure, but onroad it would struggle because of the distance I need to go to reach the abandoned shit.

I've done nearly all of the closer stuff......from now on it's going to be an hour or two to get to them. Doing that on a CRF (and I'd need to access motorways) would be hard going.

So it stacks up like this.......2007 DL650 38K kms + €1500 =

1953860471_WhatsAppImage2020-09-16at20_30_09.thumb.jpeg.7660ed0545f7eea4735527e4115fcbe5.jpeg

2015 BMW G650GS with 19K kms, 1 year warranty, 2 years ITV (MOT).

It's a no-brainer......I sell the Strom for what I paid for it 15 months ago, and the €1500 cash difference equates to the Pension I've had over the last 9 weeks.

All Rotax components [mention]Bender[/mention]

The new G650GS is essentially the 2007 single-cylinder F650GS brought back into production with some minor modifications and with the engine assembled by Loncin in China instead of Rotax in Austria, but still using parts manufactured by Rotax in Europe. The finished engines are shipped back to BMW in Germany where the bikes are assembled.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_G650GS

All Rotax components @Bender

The new G650GS is essentially the 2007 single-cylinder F650GS brought back into production with some minor modifications and with the engine assembled by Loncin in China instead of Rotax in Austria, but still using parts manufactured by Rotax in Europe. The finished engines are shipped back to BMW in Germany where the bikes are assembled.

That's what I said Chinese, ohhh dear how the mighty have fallen, never mind we thought a Chinese section was needed, it's going to be pretty busy I guess

All Rotax components @Bender

That's what I said Chinese, ohhh dear how the mighty have fallen, never mind we thought a Chinese section was needed, it's going to be pretty busy I guess

Twat!

It's not a Chinese company with a Chinese engine.......it's a German company with an Austrian engine.

Varaderos and Transalps were built in Spain.........but that doesn't make them Spanish bikes.

i reckon you will be getting a good bike XT :D

Yup with proven Chinese assembled engine.

Comes to something when even the Mods are trolling @Six30

yeh i used to respect the mods that roamed these halls , but now ...

1301964764_tenor(1).gif.8f2411304f5ec494b971fe9796aa95ed.gif