What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Installed some mahoossive 'Bumot Panniers and toolbox'

IMG_20200916_171326_143.jpg

Those things are huge! :shock:

To be fair, they do look bigger in the picture, although the 40l & 36l panniers arnt that wide, total width 101cm :shock: . however my shit photography still doesn't make it anymore convincing. 20200916_183322 (4).jpg.

I have the same, on my bike they are 1” wider than the mirrors. 1/2 per side.

Edited by Gerontious

Installed some mahoossive 'Bumot Panniers and toolbox'

IMG_20200916_171326_143.jpg

Those things are huge! :shock:

To be fair, they do look bigger in the picture, although the 40l & 36l panniers arnt that wide, total width 101cm :shock: . however my shit photography still doesn't make it anymore convincing. 20200916_183322 (4).jpg.

Very impressive!

Guest Richzx6r

Remember the slide I had on Sunday?

Well I checked the bike over......nothing unusual there.

So this afternoon I took it round that bend again to see if there was a repeat!

.......and nothing!

Bear in mind I've gone round that bend on every bike I've had here for nearly 15 years.......as it's only about 200 yards from the house.

And that slide never happened before......so it had to have been something on that road at that time.

Its defo a very strange occurrence that mate, are you sure there couldn't have been any loose stones or gravel that you hadn't noticed that or there was oil or diesel spilt on the corner but if it was diesel you would surely have been able to smell the fumes, or if it was very hot it may have slightly melted the tarmac to produce some ripples in the road surface :scratch:

Guest Richzx6r

Not a great deal for me but I have literally just messed about with the suspension settings and putting everything to its mid point settings to get a benchmark for any further setup changes, though I'll hazard that the whole caboodle could do with an overhaul though with this I know not what I'm doing as I have never done it before so who can I turn to for help/knowledge?

watch some of the dave moss stuff on setting sag etc, a good starting point

I have watched a few of his videos but suspension is still abit of a dark art, though I put everything to its mid point settings and it seems happy right now I'm out on the bike in the morning so I will check how it feels again and see what I feel needs tweaking, I'm sure I may have a very small slow puncture on the front possibly

Remember the slide I had on Sunday?

Well I checked the bike over......nothing unusual there.

So this afternoon I took it round that bend again to see if there was a repeat!

.......and nothing!

Bear in mind I've gone round that bend on every bike I've had here for nearly 15 years.......as it's only about 200 yards from the house.

And that slide never happened before......so it had to have been something on that road at that time.

Its defo a very strange occurrence that mate, are you sure there couldn't have been any loose stones or gravel that you hadn't noticed that or there was oil or diesel spilt on the corner but if it was diesel you would surely have been able to smell the fumes, or if it was very hot it may have slightly melted the tarmac to produce some ripples in the road surface :scratch:

The following day I noticed some faded streaks in places.....possibly from oil dropping the day before.

Though I can't be sure that was the cause.

Drained the oil, replaced the filter, fitted new seal and refilled oil.

Fitted 2" pullback/risers, and new front brake line. Bleed and topped up brake fluid. Adjusted mirrors and rode to MoT appointment. Passed - with advisories on front brake pads (nearing 'wear line' and tyre tread depths (approaching 2mm).

Got two more 'Tags' using the 'Loan Bike' while mine was waiting for MoT (probably pi$$ed off the dealership as I got their bike tank down to reserve and added another 120 miles onto it (Harley Road Glide - Not a bad bike really!).

:angel12: :cheers: :angel12:

Hi

I am only a little way down the road from you [mention]Grumpy Old Git[/mention] which garage did you use for MOT as I hope they are the kind of place where I wont have to remove my V&H pipes for the test.

Cheers

Ian

Guest Richzx6r

I am off to Liverpool to hopefully help with starting the bike today....fingers crossed 🤞 im truly hoping to have a nice video to share of her later 🥰 wish us luck 🍀

Good luck with the bike today :D

Checked and set valve clearances on the ER5, cover back on and even figured out where all the pipes go.

Just need a new jubilee clip for one of the petrol pipes then I'll start it up and see if the clatter is still there or not.

Took the Bandit on a day out to the seaside yesterday, 280 mile round trip with some great roads on the way back.

However, I learnt a few things:

1: After a few hours it becomes evident just how hard the Bandit seat is.

2: Don’t go on long motorway journeys with no baffle in the exhaust.

3: If you can’t find your wets ‘sod it’ is not the correct response.

:lol:

Thankfully the rain was limited to about 5 mins and all in all it was a good day out.

143189EB-885A-4218-9E2E-7193A0C78FA5.thumb.jpeg.ee72e9a232695f6baf86e23679671c0c.jpeg

Hi

I am only a little way down the road from you @Grumpy Old Git which garage did you use for MOT as I hope they are the kind of place where I wont have to remove my V&H pipes for the test.

Ian

I used Sycamore Harley this time (first MoT since purchase). However, the best garage for bike MoTs in the area is at Graveley (best to book although you can go 'on spec'). 64 High St, Graveley, Saint Neots PE19 6PL

Also started doing servicing last year (although I have yet to try them for that).

:thumb: :cheers:

Took the Bandit on a day out to the seaside yesterday, 280 mile round trip with some great roads on the way back.

However, I learnt a few things:

1: After a few hours it becomes evident just how hard the Bandit seat is.

2: Don’t go on long motorway journeys with no baffle in the exhaust.

3: If you can’t find your wets ‘sod it’ is not the correct response.

:lol:

Thankfully the rain was limited to about 5 mins and all in all it was a good day out.

143189EB-885A-4218-9E2E-7193A0C78FA5.jpeg

I had my seat 'modified' with the gel inserts (guy in Leicester). Expensive but work it. Since I got the Harley, I use an 'Air Hawk' seat pad - Very comfy!

:cheers:

Hi

I am only a little way down the road from you @Grumpy Old Git which garage did you use for MOT as I hope they are the kind of place where I wont have to remove my V&H pipes for the test.

Ian

I used Sycamore Harley this time (first MoT since purchase). However, the best garage for bike MoTs in the area is at Graveley (best to book although you can go 'on spec'). 64 High St, Graveley, Saint Neots PE19 6PL

Also started doing servicing last year (although I have yet to try them for that).

:thumb: :cheers:

Thanks for that I will check them out.

Cheers

Ian

Just put a new cam chain tensioner on Betty and im feeling rather smug :D

1st vid is how she sounded...2nd vid is after replacing said thingie

I thought she sounded a bit knocky still but ive listened to a few on youtube and they sound like that so ....... i think its a fix.

Put the screen back on..

Refitted the "Bark Busters" lever covers ..

Changed the oil..

Did the chain tension ..

Sprayed the entire thing in WD40 ...

Winters coming ....

How do I know ??

My wife dug out and washed my Helly Hansen fibrepile salopettes ..

Winters coming ....

OH, That was this morning ... rode to Bristol this afternoon ...