Tyre balancing

gymwitch

Ive just had tyres fitted. Bought them from the same place thats fitted them but theres no balancing weights on them?? Should i have asked for them to be balanced? I would have thought that was done??

Unless you had them fitted for free I would think the price includes new valve and balancing.

Last time I had a tyre fitted the £10 was for everything.

Unless they balanced it and it doesn't need any weights...

Unless you had them fitted for free I would think the price includes new valve and balancing.

Last time I had a tyre fitted the £10 was for everything.

Unless they balanced it and it doesn't need any weights...

No i paid for fitting. Neither tyre has any weights. Unusual that both tyres dont need them??

Interesting . I've never heard of a tyre fitter offering wheel balancing as an optional extra so I can only assume that tyre technology has reached the point where no balancing is required . Either that or the guy that did it was on the piss the night before and totally forgot . I'm sure this matter can easily be resolved with a phone call .

The best is to give it a try, You will know if does need balancing or not.

That is not good advice at all 😡 .

really??

I don't mean going mental and do top speed for 1/2hr :roll:

At low speed you will know if the wheel is balanced or not.

I had a car with brand new tyres fitted, saw the guy balancing the wheels and after 200 yrd I found out that the balancing was all wrong.

Did I did 100mph to find out?

No, 30mph was enough to know. :booty:

[mention]gymwitch[/mention] As today is Sunday just give the guy a call in the morning and check.

In the past I have had a few tyres that didnt require balance weights but they are few and far between.

Incidentally I had a Ducati single side wheel on my Harris and we couldn`t balance that for love nor money but being a rear I was less than bothered.

Cheers

Ian

1660015082_IMG-20161026-WA0004(1).thumb.jpg.7d2b2dcadc22944b95b4bf9d07b380eb.jpg

Dont worry i havent got the bike its still in liverpool. I wont be riding it for a good while yet. I was just windering what the situation is with balancing bike tyres and asking for advice etc....