Photos lacking context

S-Westerly

Guest Richzx6r

Wish I had one of them right now.

What's yours called? Exxon valdez 2

I'm not allowed to give it's full name but suffice to say it's owned by a large Scandinavian company that is big in ferries as well as tankers. From full speed ahead to stopped is not that bad. A shade under 3 miles under control. A crash stop which will probably break the engine or at least the chief engineer takes less than 2.

For reference this one weighs in at 159,000 tonnes. My biggest which has long since been scrapped was a somewhat larger 509,000 tonnes. Google "Esso Atlantic" if you want to know more.

3 miles :shock: that's a pretty epic stopping distance....

I'm not allowed to give it's full name but suffice to say it's owned by a large Scandinavian company that is big in ferries as well as tankers. From full speed ahead to stopped is not that bad. A shade under 3 miles under control. A crash stop which will probably break the engine or at least the chief engineer takes less than 2.

For reference this one weighs in at 159,000 tonnes. My biggest which has long since been scrapped was a somewhat larger 509,000 tonnes. Google "Esso Atlantic" if you want to know more.

So it's similar to a harley then 👍

C130 Hercules with the new high efficiency six bladed props .

:thumb:

And the pilot's name?

Fluke pic I took about 3 years ago near Banbury.

I was passenger in a van as I saw it approaching, whipped the phone out and snapped this pic with it perfectly framed in the pylon.

I was in a car near Oxford at about 08:00 am when a Hercules suddenly appeared at low level and dropped around twenty fully armed Paratroopers next to the Ring Road .

I did 6 vlcc and I newer like it. I was mostly on product and chemical, lot of action, time passing fast. Vlcc was killer with 40 - 50 days between spm. Getting on and off by helicopter.

At the end with a bit of luck end up on cruisers, so after 18 years and few divorces :angel12: I am still here .

Hope corona will not change it.

I actually like the big ones. 15 years on VLCC / ULCC and another 11 on Suezmax. I like the long voyages - 40+ days is great and find time passed fast. Hate interacting with ports with all the bullshit that comes with it.

Guest Richzx6r

I actually like the big ones. 15 years on VLCC / ULCC and another 11 on Suezmax. I like the long voyages - 40+ days is great and find time passed fast. Hate interacting with ports with all the bullshit that comes with it.

Grab me a job onboard mate, I'll be roger the cabin boy for ya :thumb:

Grab me a job onboard mate, I'll be roger the cabin boy for ya :thumb:

Rogering the cabin boy is deffo not allowed.😲

Can anyone see the birdie ? Taken from my backyard at the weekend .

You're looking at it wrong. That's definitely Garibaldi addressing his troops after the siege of Rome.

So it's come down to biscuits in the end .

Can anyone see the birdie ? Taken from my backyard at the weekend .

37C71AFA-E72A-4CAC-960B-F3A877FC08D9.gif

It looked a lot clearer in real life but the camera didn't do it justice .

IMG_20200930_091337412.thumb.jpg.0677a56ae050119658bcce571d50b3f8.jpg