Selling Motorbike

kylemcadamm

Hi guys, hope everyone’s well

So I’m looking to sell my bike but all the valuation sites I’ve tried have been offering me half the piece I paid for it and I’ve only had the bike 6 months!

Was just wondering if anyone here knows any decent places to sell a motorbike for a good price?

Thanks guys

Which valuation sites are you using? My guess is they're not reliable...

Look online (MCN, and Autotrader) and see what prices similar bikes are being offered at. Adjust for mileage, condition and model year.

Hi guys, hope everyone’s well

So I’m looking to sell my bike but all the valuation sites I’ve tried have been offering me half the piece I paid for it and I’ve only had the bike 6 months!

Was just wondering if anyone here knows any decent places to sell a motorbike for a good price?

Thanks guys

What bike is it ?

If your selling to any business your not going to get top price for it, they have to sell it on, make a profit, pay tax, have overheads and if selling back to public offer some warranty.

And they have to perform an exhaustive series of checks on it before they risk losing the profit margin if it's returned under warranty . A dealer offered me £200 off a tatty Harley for this .

IMG_20190407_113211704_HDR.thumb.jpg.d6e89fae4504c88a2b79ace51ce50412.jpg

Just a note of caution.

Be very careful with "buyers" from abroad saying that they will pay for shipment.

Those are very likely scammers trying to trick you. :thumb:

Just a note of caution.

Be very careful with "buyers" from abroad saying that they will pay for shipment.

Those are very likely scammers trying to trick you. :thumb:

They are 100% definitely scammers .

If someone says they will give you a deposit tomorrow , tell them where the nearest Cashpoint is . If they still want to give you a deposit tomorrow or worse still at the weekend , tell them to go and f**k themselves right there and then . It saves a lot of time , voicemails , staying in when the weather is good and general frustration . Trust me on this . Check out this link . https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=69548&hilit=Deposit&start=75#p1084630

E-Facebook and Gumtree are my favourites.

Its a waiting game if you have priced it to low it will get snapped up if its priced right it will take a month or 2. I have noticed this with Cars and bikes.

Not so long a go I was (told to) sell 2 of my bikes one was on the market for 2 months the other for 6 weeks I could of sold them both in 3 days in the end but did not like a buyer he kept haggling so I kept the bike :D

Be a hard seller

Cash or Bank transfer not Credit Card.

If they want you to hold the bike till next week you can book a viewing but if I sell it before, I am sorry.

If they want to bring deposit tomorrow that's fine if I have not sold it before,

Agree a time they loose deposit if not removed a day, a week, a month or whatever,

Don't let them photograph the Document ID numbers they can change ownership on line, or tax it ready for collection then change there mind at which point YOU have a nightmare.

Look at every enquiry and think can they ask that about ANY item Age condition location? If they as about fork seals or sprockets they are more likely to be genuine...

If they say they are at sea ask what they do and type of ship (if they are they wont shut up about it), otherwise ask about country and them but generally I would need SERIOUS EVIDENCE.

Bank transfer is a safe way to be paid . When I bought the Harley we drove to a Barclays , I said I'd like to pay this guy £4,200 and handed over my debit card . The seller did the same , I signed a bit of paper and that was it . Then , in a loud voice so everyone in the bank could hear , and in a horrible foreign accent , the seller said " Now you pay ransom I release your children " Funny guy and a pleasure to do business with . 😂😂

I could of sold them both in 3 days in the end but did not like a buyer he kept haggling so I kept the bike :D

And of course this is fine. One of my biggest eye rolls when selling a bike at the moment is people are so LAZY. If the first question isn't "is this still available" the second is "what's the lowest you'd accept". This is before even viewing. My usual retort is "I've priced this based on market value, any requests to purchase at a lower price will need to be backed up with a reason".

I don't think that's unfair. If they view the bike and aren't 100% happy with something, and explain it and why they think a certain lower amount because of it is justified, I won't take offense, even if it's ultimately over a thing or an amount that I'm not happy with (at that point I can still dismiss the offer after all).

The last bike I sold, one guy who was due to come and view it had been a right arse over this, and I had half a feeling that he was going to make a ridiculous offer that I was going to tell him to f**k off over. I was filled with joy when I sent him the message "Hi Jack, just as an update, the bike has just been sold" :mrgreen:

Good day my friend i very like your motorbike and would like to buy i can give you money to a bank acount you have.

i currantly working abroad making wells so children can get clean water

i need a motorbike when i am coming home to uk in to weaks

pleaese send me your bank detals and i can send all money to you thank you my freind.

Good day my friend i very like your motorbike and would like to buy i can give you money to a bank acount you have.

i currantly working abroad making wells so children can get clean water

i need a motorbike when i am coming home to uk in to weaks

pleaese send me your bank detals and i can send all money to you thank you my freind.

yeah and thats another scam doing the rounds :|