Selling Motorbike

Motorbike related? Can't find what you're looking for below? Then post here!!
fastbob
Bike(s): Harley Davidson 1200 Roadster and another ER5
Has liked: 3097 times
Been liked: 3840 times

Re: Selling Motorbike

Post by fastbob » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:27 am

Bank transfer is a safe way to be paid . When I bought the Harley we drove to a Barclays , I said I'd like to pay this guy £4,200 and handed over my debit card . The seller did the same , I signed a bit of paper and that was it . Then , in a loud voice so everyone in the bank could hear , and in a horrible foreign accent , the seller said " Now you pay ransom I release your children " Funny guy and a pleasure to do business with . 😂😂

SometimesSansEngine
Bike(s): BMW F800GT
Has liked: 408 times
Been liked: 651 times

Post by SometimesSansEngine » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:43 pm

onesea wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:14 pm
I could of sold them both in 3 days in the end but did not like a buyer he kept haggling so I kept the bike :D
And of course this is fine. One of my biggest eye rolls when selling a bike at the moment is people are so LAZY. If the first question isn't "is this still available" the second is "what's the lowest you'd accept". This is before even viewing. My usual retort is "I've priced this based on market value, any requests to purchase at a lower price will need to be backed up with a reason".

I don't think that's unfair. If they view the bike and aren't 100% happy with something, and explain it and why they think a certain lower amount because of it is justified, I won't take offense, even if it's ultimately over a thing or an amount that I'm not happy with (at that point I can still dismiss the offer after all).

The last bike I sold, one guy who was due to come and view it had been a right arse over this, and I had half a feeling that he was going to make a ridiculous offer that I was going to tell him to f**k off over. I was filled with joy when I sent him the message "Hi Jack, just as an update, the bike has just been sold" :mrgreen:

Six30
TOTY 2019
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Has liked: 2491 times
Been liked: 4097 times

Post by Six30 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:53 pm

Good day my friend i very like your motorbike and would like to buy i can give you money to a bank acount you have.
i currantly working abroad making wells so children can get clean water
i need a motorbike when i am coming home to uk in to weaks
pleaese send me your bank detals and i can send all money to you thank you my freind.
"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
The rule of Six.

skyrider
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 790 times

Post by skyrider » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:54 pm

you did right there are certainly some cheeky sods out there who will try and get something for nothing :evil:
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

skyrider
Bike(s): yamaha 225 serow
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 790 times

Post by skyrider » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:57 pm

Six30 wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:53 pm
Good day my friend i very like your motorbike and would like to buy i can give you money to a bank acount you have.
i currantly working abroad making wells so children can get clean water
i need a motorbike when i am coming home to uk in to weaks
pleaese send me your bank detals and i can send all money to you thank you my freind.
yeah and thats another scam doing the rounds :|
the law in all it's majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges to beg in the street and to steal bread.
anatole france

Six30
TOTY 2019
Bike(s): Suzuki GSX S 1000
Has liked: 2491 times
Been liked: 4097 times

Post by Six30 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:23 pm

"People know me. I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany."
The rule of Six.

Return to “Motorbike Chat”