Hello!

mthinesy

Afternoon everyone,

Just signed up. Doing my CBT in a couple of weeks and the theory booked for November. Aiming for a full A licence and a bike in the spring next year! Had taken lessons way back in my early 20s but never got my test in the end and have been meaning to get back on it for years. Hopefully will find lots of useful info on here.

Cheers,

Col

Afternoon everyone,

Just signed up. Doing my CBT in a couple of weeks and the theory booked for November. Aiming for a full A licence and a bike in the spring next year! Had taken lessons way back in my early 20s but never got my test in the end and have been meaning to get back on it for years. Hopefully will find lots of useful info on here.

Cheers,

Col

Hello and welcome... I like your plan but can I suggest, do your CBT and then:

Get a 125cc - Japanese if one crops up at right price.

Ride it until spring and DAS achieved. In Spring if you buy wise you will get your money back on the 125 and have some experience.

As soon as you have your theory get on with Mod1, with Mod 1 in hand get on with Mod 2.

Enjoy a larger cc bike.

Time roles on and spring will be here in a minute not everyone passes Mod 1 first time, plus of a winter schools are often less in demand and more accommodating....

I went from your plan at this time of year to having DAS and big bike by Christmas... I promised my misses I would not get big bike till spring :twisted:

Then she said she would never go Pillion and she now has several 1000 miles as Pillion :P

Hello and welcome... I like your plan but can I suggest, do your CBT and then:

Get a 125cc - Japanese if one crops up at right price.

Ride it until spring and DAS achieved. In Spring if you buy wise you will get your money back on the 125 and have some experience.

I'm in no rush. Perhaps I'll take lessons over winter if timing is kind. I don't really want to take the risk of buying a cheap 125 then struggle to sell it come the spring time. I have 125 experience, so hopefully I can build on that now.

Theory is booked for November too.

Thanks everyone for the replies :)

Now I need to decide the best way to get my full A licence.

Do theory then mod 1, then mod 2.

Ok not helpfull.

I would not book mod 2 till you have passed mod 1.

Do full licence if your old enough no point sitting same tests twice on different bike

Welcome 👍

Take no notice of [mention]XTreme[/mention] he left a 3rd world country and ended up in a Spanish dictatorship that is by his own posts almost completely abandoned or falling down, except for the odd drunken dago on his door step....

Good luck with the journey

Welcome 👍

Take no notice of @XTreme he left a 3rd world country and ended up in a Spanish dictatorship that is by his own posts almost completely abandoned or falling down, except for the odd drunken dago on his door step....

Well done Bender.......you've managed to reply to a new member without driving them away.

This has to be a first!

What you say [mention]Six30[/mention]?

Thanks everyone. I'm in my prime (apparently) at 37, so straight to the bike boy bike.

The earliest date I could get for my theory here in Manchester was late November. I assume I can still learn but just not take the actual tests?

I'm aiming to get a bike next Spring, so do I get it all done this side of Christmas, or wait until early next year. Plus I can keep saving the pennies for what I want.

Welcome 👍

Take no notice of @XTreme he left a 3rd world country and ended up in a Spanish dictatorship that is by his own posts almost completely abandoned or falling down, except for the odd drunken dago on his door step....

Well done Bender.......you've managed to reply to a new member without driving them away.

This has to be a first!

What you say @Six30?

i say sausage fest...

eKpEcj.gif.8b4985343a712aee17f506dd4b7ffc94.gif

Just booked my DAS for my full A licence. Got 2 full days at the end of October, then my tests once the theory is done. Hoping for a cancellation as it currently for the end of November.

Hoping that the bigger bike is more stable than the little 125s. I'm 6 1" and do feel a little cramped on the smaller machines. I had a GSX-S125 for my CBT, had a very snatchy throttle, but did get used too it pretty well as the day went on. Are bigger engines similar, or easier to handle clutch/throttle for low speeds? Really can't wait to throw my leg over a bigger bike!

Are bigger engines similar, or easier to handle clutch/throttle for low speeds? Really can't wait to throw my leg over a bigger bike!

Bigger bikes are a lot easier to ride than 125s! You''ll love it :thumb:

Woohoo, got my theory brought forward due to a cancellation. Got it next Tuesday, time to start revising!

Have you got an app? Actual questions and videos, just keep practicing until your confident...

• 3 weeks later...

Little update from me. Completed my MOD1 & MOD2 training over the weekend. Really enjoyed it all. Learning on an SV650, really nice bike. It's on my shortlist for sure....

MOD1 is next week, let's hope I keep my nerves that are already setting in!

Little update from me. Completed my MOD1 & MOD2 training over the weekend. Really enjoyed it all. Learning on an SV650, really nice bike. It's on my shortlist for sure....

MOD1 is next week, let's hope I keep my nerves that are already setting in!

All the best!