Monday is the Day!

XTreme

Cos I just got a Whatsapp message from Rafa.......the dealer in Granada!

"Buenas tardes Pete, había un hueco hoy en ITV y ya se la hemos pasado. Mañana se la llevan a taller para revisión. La tendré lista el lunes día 5"

He's saying that they had a free space in the ITV (MOT) Centre today so the Beemer got it's 2 year ITV certificate. It was originally scheduled for Monday!

Tomorrow it's going into the workshop for a full service, and it'll be ready to be collected Monday morning!

901195798_WhatsAppImage2020-09-16at20_30_09.thumb.jpeg.df15e34590f7e17b846718150176b49c.jpeg

That worked out well with me getting my 2019 tax rebate today because that'll cover the difference between the two.

I think my pulse has quickened a bit!

"Buenas tardes Pete, había un hueco hoy en ITV y ya se la hemos pasado. Mañana se la llevan a taller para revisión. La tendré lista el lunes día 5"

He's saying that they had a free space in the ITV (MOT) Centre today so the Beemer got it's 2 year ITV certificate. It was originally scheduled for Monday!

Tomorrow it's going into the workshop for a full service, and it'll be ready to be collected Monday morning!

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-16 at 20.30.09.jpeg

That worked out well with me getting my 2019 tax rebate today because that'll cover the difference between the two.

¡Felicidades! Que mantengas el lado brillante hacia arriba. :wink:

Thats a nice looking bike. That big single will take you on any abandoned village trail with ease. :thumb: :cheers:

70lbs lighter......that's a huge difference offroad!

Most definitely and would handle better, pull from zero revs with plenty of punch and good MPG to go with it.

Nothing like looking forward to a Chinese thumb 👍

I was waiting for it Bender!

Haven't you got any noobs to bully today? :lol:

If I could be bothered I would quote every anti Chinese supporting thing you have ever posted, but that would take a long long time 😁

I'm sure you will be very happy together and besides going by your current bike count I expect you to change it the following Thursday.

Nothing like looking forward to a Chinese thumb 👍

If I could be bothered I would quote every anti Chinese supporting thing you have ever posted, but that would take a long long time 😁

I'm sure you will be very happy together and besides going by your current bike count I expect you to change it the following Thursday.

But as you well know......it ain't Chinese. The engine components are Rotax! German manufacturer and Austrian components. Just because a Chinese person touches something doesn't make it Chinese.

By your argument Transalps and Varaderos were Spanish, XT660's were Italian, and the current CB500's and Bonneville's are Thai.

And did you know that Honda and Yamaha were assembling bikes in Brazil over 30 years ago? But that didn't make them Brazilian bikes.

And you may find this one difficult to grasp.......but Nissan Qashqai's made in Sunderland don't count as British cars either!

Guest Richzx6r

But as you well know......it ain't Chinese. The engine components are Rotax! German manufacturer and Austrian components. Just because a Chinese person touches something doesn't make it Chinese.

By your argument Transalps and Varaderos were Spanish, XT660's were Italian, and the current CB500's and Bonneville's are Thai.

And did you know that Honda and Yamaha were assembling bikes in Brazil over 30 years ago? But that didn't make them Brazilian bikes.

And you may find this one difficult to grasp.......but Nissan Qashqai's made in Sunderland don't count as British cars either!

Is Sunderland not in Britain then :scratch:

It was disowned some years ago I believe. Long term plan is to push it out into the north sea as far as, so I heard.

Yes......but the product is not British! Bit of a stretch to call it Japanese really considering it appears to be a French engine assembled in Spain.

Britain doesn't have a car industry.......but there's hope for the future.

The-Austin-Brexit.thumb.jpg.78c5f92cc26bf5b8afdeccf604bebe44.jpg

In France, motos are exempt....so far.... from Controle Technique ( MOT) The reasoning I've heard, not official I'm sure, is that Motards look after their machines because if they mess up and neglect them they could end up paying with their lives. Which is a kind of harsh way of getting ignorant sods off the road. But I'm sure it's only a matter of time before France falls into line with most of Europe. Damn, there's money to be made here !

And pardon my ignorance, but what model is that you've got ?

In France, motos are exempt....so far.... from Controle Technique ( MOT) The reasoning I've heard, not official I'm sure, is that Motards look after their machines because if they mess up and neglect them they could end up paying with their lives. Which is a kind of harsh way of getting ignorant sods off the road. But I'm sure it's only a matter of time before France falls into line with most of Europe. Damn, there's money to be made here !

And pardon my ignorance, but what model is that you've got ?

G650GS!