Sorry chaps ... didn't have the best start on here

Trooper74

So hi everyone,

50 year motor biker ... first bike, James 125 at 12 yrs old, done the big 4 stroke thing GSXR 1127, ZZR 1100, Kwak 750's, CX500's ..( yes i like them )..

but ... mostly 2 strokes .... LC 250, 350, YPVS TZ YAMMAGAMMA,.... AND ... lots and lots of MZ's ..... 300's, 250's, 150's, 125's ... all rebuilt from scrap into daily use bikes ...

Now on the mighty Royal Enfield 400 Himalayan ..... love it .... the David Brown Tractor of motorbikes .... Love it .....

Thanks guys ....

Ridden from Rotherham to Bristol today for a meeting in the morning on the Himma.

Missed most of the rain.

Back home tomorrow then off to Newcastle on the Himma on Friday morning to test a train for Northern Railways ...

My company pay me 60p a mile if i use the motorbike so every opportunity to get paid for riding my motorbike i take ...

Amazing how much test equipment i can strap to the bike ...

Thats a Class 357 Electrostar Sander Traction Control box i designed strapped to the back of the bike ,, We fix trains ..

20200916_144706.thumb.jpg.679d515682b2f8f70fb2d26113309b05.jpg

Edited by Trooper74

Thanks guys ....

Ridden from Rotherham to Bristol today for a meeting in the morning on the Himma.

Missed most of the rain.

Back home tomorrow then off to Newcastle on the Himma on Friday morning to test a train for Northern Railways ...

My company pay me 60p a mile if i use the motorbike so every opportunity to get paid for riding my motorbike i take ...

Amazing how much test equipment i can strap to the bike ...

20200916_144706.jpg

I like the look of those Himalayans, how long have you had yours?

I bought it with 400 miles on the clock .... it's 3 years old in November ... i've only put 6000miles on it as i was running a 300 MZ until January of this year ... it's a bikers bike ... there's nothing you cant fix yourself ... if you get annoyed with the FI you can retro fit a carb ... but love the FI ... lots of gentle backfires on the over run ... sounds nice ...

Totally reliable 2 valve single .....

However .... 25 bhp .... it's a 4 stroke MZ ETZ 300 ... if you can live with that .. then you'll love it ...

20200917_152215.thumb.jpg.893718ac01eb4a06ceb1b64d768de209.jpg

Edited by Trooper74

lol ..LOL ...

my high point was the YPVS TZ YAMAGAMA that was featured in Streetfighters Magazine .. With a sexy nurse astride it and alongside it...

Which is strange, as most of the nurses at our local hospital have their own gravity fields ... however ...

TZ 350 bottom end with a YPVS top end ... so no alternator

64 BHP ... pre mix fuel, total loss ignition with a separate battery for the lights ..

TZ bottom end, so bump start.

GSXR forks and shock ..

This bike was my daily ride .. to work, Sheffield to Linton-on-Ouse ... once a month, a visit to my children in Hastings .... from Sheffield ..!!

I really hadn't thought it through ...

I worked out that a Dettol bottle ... with it's side markings, was ideal for "oil per litre" measurement ....