Are like milenco locks any good?

I'm commuting in to London most days whilst the office is open. I'm using my peweg chain when in town but it's heavy and bulky and I'm afraid of it damaging my laptop.

Where I park there isn't anywhere to tie the bike to so I've been considering something lighter than my 1.5m chain.

I'm considering a milenco u lock as an alternative. I also use a alarmed disc lock.

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/462185

Are these worthwhile?

Personally i would try and find somewhere to lock it to, if it's freestanding and not chained to anything it only takes seconds to be lifted into a van, even alarms won't deter them and once inside a van the sound can easily be muffled :thumb:

Unfortunately there's only 1 lamp post that it could be tied to. There is space for probably 50 bikes in a row where I park. There's also 2 doormen in a members club across the street which helps. Ideally I'd like to tie it to something solid but it's not an option near where I work

Is it parked on the road if it is see if there is drain nearby those ones that are in the gutter park over it and chain it to that

one like this

roadside-drain-gutter-edge-of-road-kerb-stone-iron-grille-grate-rain-BCTRXH.jpg

Firstly , how do you get the chain to come back up through the grill ? Secondly , there is obviously no non representative minority of the travelling community that gives the law abiding majority a bad reputation down your neck of the woods .

Polish_20201004_185618836.thumb.png.5cb97a29644bcadc3f01db21cd8e67fa.png

Use one of the wire rope type to form a loop for the chain to through and if the backwheel is on it and everything is tight it won't go anywhere without some serious effort :thumb:

Is it parked on the road if it is see if there is drain nearby those ones that are in the gutter park over it and chain it to that

one like this

roadside-drain-gutter-edge-of-road-kerb-stone-iron-grille-grate-rain-BCTRXH.jpg

That's a new tactic to me. Points for creativity if nothing else.

It doesn't answer my initial question though.