Mobile Phone Developments

onesea

My contract is due up and I am planning on going SIM Free how ever I was just wondering are there any real NEW developments in Smart phone Tech?

5G - Irrelevant for me living in the forest your lucky if you get above 3g 1/2 the time..

Cameras - Some are better than others for my use most will be good enough,

Finger Print recognition

Face recognition

Edge Technology - NOT for me mine barely goes a day without being dropped

NFC - Almost standard today

For Android:

4 Gig RAM MINUMUM

100 gig memory (for me).

Anything else you would recommend...

I have a SDLR camera so a big fancy camera is not relevant.

Even more, you won't be able to tell the difference between a 20Mp or a 50Mp on a day-to-day photo.

I've been with Huawei for the last 5 years and 3 phones later have no intention in changing brand.

They are reliable, efficient and plenty of storage on the phone itself before you start needing additional storage.

For that I have onedrive storage and my own Western Digital storage unit with 3Tb so it will take forever before I need any more.

Currently with the P30 pro, 2 years old, I don't have anything to say against it

Waterproof (so they say but I never test it), loads of storage and quad camera on the back. takes great photos when I can't be bothered to carry the Nikon with me.

The battery lasts forever unless I'm gaming.

On games the most power consuming game would drain the battery in 3 or 4 hours but I never spend more than 15min on it.

Yes it is made in China, so it is Samsung, Apple and all the others. :cheers:

Huawei as default have a great up to 5 fingerprint system, I don't use face recognition as it is not accurate.

As you say NFC is pretty much standard nowadays, I don't care for 5G, and a good casing and H9 screen protector would solve the scratch problem.

The most annoying thing on phones is the finger marks but there are loads of hydrophilic products that you can apply to the screen to solve the issue.

New whywhy phones don't have support from Google as they had to stop supplying due to the perceived risk of Chinese control over the company.

Due to government restrictions, Google’s apps and services are not available for preload or sideload on new Huawei devices.

Samsung actually closed its Chinese factories and although no numbers are available it may have outsourced some of its cheap phones to 3Rd party companies in china.

The vast majority of its phones are not made in china and are manufactured in its own plants.

i was told last week that android no longer support huawei so thats why i got a samsung but dont know if it is true or not

Massive controversy going on with Huawei and anything to do with America at the minute!

And as a result I will be moving away from Huawei phones :cry: which is a shame as they are cracking phones

New phones often have 3 cameras - a normal lens, wide angle and 2x zoom (with no image degradation). You have to play with them to appreciate how good they are. Indespensible for me now, even as just an average camera user.

Also waterproofness is handy.

Also waterproofness is handy.

I would say more than handy my last phone spent 4 hours under water before tide went out.

It's next swim was a bit deeper and I never recovered it....

Present phone I wash frequently under the tap....