What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

Rode it into Derbyshire, came home filthy so it got a wash. Cleaned, oiled and reset the chain tension.

I found a use for that tin of Rock Oil chain lube, it's horrible on the chain, just turns into a sticky mess, but it's quite handy for lubricating the centre stand pivot.

Put the screen back on..

Refitted the "Bark Busters" lever covers ..

Changed the oil..

Did the chain tension ..

Sprayed the entire thing in WD40 ...

Winters coming ....

How do I know ??

My wife dug out and washed my Helly Hansen fibrepile salopettes ..

Winters coming ....

OH, That was this morning ... rode to Bristol this afternoon ...

Might I suggest that instead of WD40 which is 70% solvent , you consider ACF50 as a winter protection .

Fired the Strom up for the first time in two weeks......now I've just got to give it a bit of a polish as it's going on Monday!

the suzy is a nice bike XT but i think the gs is more what you need :thumb:

Fired the Strom up for the first time in two weeks......now I've just got to give it a bit of a polish as it's going on Monday!

the suzy is a nice bike XT but i think the gs is more what you need :thumb:

In many ways I'm sorry to see it go........but the only thing I won't miss is the weight.

As a comparison it's 25kg (55lb) heavier than a Yamaha Tracer 700. And with the types of road/track that I'm usually on, you're very aware of it's bulk.

Going by past experience, nothing is a better fit for me than a big Thumper.

Sure, it's 20bhp down on the Strom, but that never hampered me on the many XT's or DR. Certainly not within the type of environment where I do all my riding.

im sure you will enjoy it

Monday's the day......320km round trip.

So it'll be a very unusual Ride Report because it will involve two different bikes.

Plus it'll be going into a big city with a lot of traffic and a lot of people!

Apparently an awful lot of Covid as well.......but at 66 it's not as if you're buying 5 year calendars any more.

Guest Richzx6r

im sure you will enjoy it

Monday's the day......320km round trip.

So it'll be a very unusual Ride Report because it will involve two different bikes.

Plus it'll be going into a big city with a lot of traffic and a lot of people!

Apparently an awful lot of Covid as well.......but at 66 it's not as if you're buying 5 year calendars any more.

Are you sure at your age you can do that distance? Sounds to me like you need someone more resilient to come over and do the trip for you :thumb:

Bag is already packed

So it's about 100miles each way?

Have you got to go on proper roads?

with traffic and overtaking? :lol:

Enjoy! :thumb: and I hope the BM suits you

Oh! and keep your helmet on saves wearing a mask :thumb:

Basically motorway all the way Ian.

There'll be motorway traffic, overtaking, city centre traffic, and lazy Dagos as far as the eye can see.

An interesting ride report possibility.......featuring two different bikes and in a different environment.

Fixed the 125. Plan was to fix it...did that. Then sneak up to sailing club to put the stoppers on a tart thats smooching up to my man. Her guy on the side isnt well and she has made it known she fancies my bloke soooo im going up there to kick her in the face.

But wait...no im not cos i cant get the bike off the stupid stand on my own !!!

IM GROUNDED :crybaby:

Took the noisy engine out of the ER5 yesterday and today replaced it with a spare.

It runs and is quiet so that's a result .. doesn't seem to want to rev above 4,000rpm though.

Looks like that will be tomorrows job trying to sort that out.

Set the Tdm suspension settings to standard from what the previous owner had fiddled with. Hasn't been feeling very good on cornering up til now. Sun sort of came out so took it for a short run to see if it felt better. Rain promptly returned but bike felt better to me.