<t>How many times have you crashed on a motorbike in the last 10 years</t>  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How many times have you crashed on a motorbike in the last 10 years

• 1-2
    • 3-4
    • 5-7
    • 8-10
    • More than 10

felt myself drifting and not turning right..

There's one thing I'll remember for a long time from my DAS. Turning right on a junction, very slowly, something felt strange and suddenly I'm looking at a kerb on the left thinking "there's no chance I'm not hitting that kerb, sh@t" and my mind sort of froze. Thankfully I had a great instructor and he snapped me back into living by shouting into the intercom "look up, look up!!!" and it worked. I was less than half a second from meeting a foot high kerb.

Can't that explain going wide?

Was it a case of looking up at where you want to go that corrected it?

Oh dear, I'm on 4 already since 2017 :shock:

Not including crashing into the barrier and coming off during cbt, as that was off road. Maybe should have taken the hint though :roll:

1st - coming off a roundabout, seea guy about to step into the road on a zebra crossing (still don't think these should be across roundabout exits) slam on the brakes.. rear wheel slides regains traction and high side.. uninjured and milk in my backpack unburst!

2nd - passenger in taxi opens her door into me. No injuries but took ages to sort insurance as the taxi driver wouldn't admit fault even though the passenger had opened the door randomly in the middle of the road.

3rd - lost it from under me on a roundabout. Weird uneven surface on the inside lane but still, my fault. Smashed both mirrors.

4th - too fast round a roundabout.

Proving I'm an idiot and don't learn! Uninjured. Crashed in front of a whole queue of traffic, very embarrassing sliding along behind the bike!

Something I've noticed, if you get back up immediately no-one will pay you any mind or offer help.

Have you forgot the field at the rally :lol:

That was off road too and so doesn't count :lol:

Came off recently when I bungled an emergency stop. It was wet and downhill, started to lock up and skid, didn't release the pressure, just as bike came to a halt bike and I tipped over and smited the Earth.

Did my back in, cracked a mirror and severely dented ego but aside from that got up and carried on...

Three offs, all the front wheel slipping on mud/ice/slippy road surface. Three topples over when manoeuvring; one in a petrol station, one trying to turn around after parking on a pathway and one during a forum ride out with a pillion. Various times off road when the bike came off the side stand or the side stand sunk into soft ground or I just lost balance and went over.

I have not crashed into anything, all have been me coming off and all have been at low speed.

felt myself drifting and not turning right..

There's one thing I'll remember for a long time from my DAS. Turning right on a junction, very slowly, something felt strange and suddenly I'm looking at a kerb on the left thinking "there's no chance I'm not hitting that kerb, sh@t" and my mind sort of froze. Thankfully I had a great instructor and he snapped me back into living by shouting into the intercom "look up, look up!!!" and it worked. I was less than half a second from meeting a foot high kerb.

Can't that explain going wide?

Was it a case of looking up at where you want to go that corrected it?

Yes, it was! As soon as I looked to where I needed to go, the bike followed as by magic ;-) The interesting thing is that as long as I was looking at that kerb, I just couldn't get the bike to turn away from it - as if it was on rails. I knew about target fixation from reading about it, but that was really a surreal experience - target fixation really works! After a year, I still remember Matt's voice "look up, LOOK UP!!".

One day after owning my first bike (CJ250T) I found out you need to be slower letting the clutch out while doing a U-turn - and shot across the road into a fence.

One week later my mate said the dark road was straight all the way to my girlfriend’s house. He neglected to mention the 90degree left hander or the trees I flew into. Must have been my riding prowess, I got binned that night too.

I don’t count these as crashing, I’ve been taken out four times by cars. Last one put me in hospital with ruptured bits. The shitter came straight at me and drove me into the hedge.

I fell off on my first day of moped ownership, nearly 35 years ago. Then I rode for 30 odd years without incident until a couple of years ago when a drunk pedestrian ran into me from the side.

Zero so far. Closest I have come was....

On the two wheels without an engine, came a cropper at 30mph downhill (as I always said, coming off didn't hurt, but contacting the ground and the sudden stop did) and also had someone overtake then slam the brakes on. Made solid contact with the back of their pickup and the road but had scrubbed most of the speed off so wasn't too badly beat up from that.

Nicely done, I've had a few of those over the years.