What did you do to your bike today?

Stu

First proper wash today!

The previous owner used f@cking chain wax......I'll have to scrape that shit off the swing arm with a spoon by the look of it. Then get it off the chain and  give it a good soak with Castrol Racing Lube.

Overall it was very clean.......but the pipes have been neglected so I've got a bit of work to do on those. Also got to reposition the clutch and brake levers......they're much too low and too close to the grips.

I would be pretty sure that this was used as a commuter in the city of Granada........shows all the tell tale signs of low mileage (2k miles a year) and stupid little scrapes on the top box with clumsy parking. Certainly never been offroad.

It needs to be run and it needs to be revved.......I think I can manage that! Weather permitting of course!

gs6-min.thumb.jpg.31306344bcbb08174e2c1f227397dd7c.jpg

gs7-min.thumb.jpg.7750c0adc54c2457fe3a5566ee90ab1e.jpg

Ordered a new sat nav today!

Which means my zumo 590 will be up for sale :D

What did you buy Stu?

The Zumo XT :thumb:

Is it as good as I think? :thumb:

Ordered a new sat nav today!

Which means my zumo 590 will be up for sale :D

What did you buy Stu?

I put off getting one, no need for it during months where I’ll be riding less and no real distance...but that’s what I’m tempted by

What did you buy Stu?

I put off getting one, no need for it during months where I’ll be riding less and no real distance...but that’s what I’m tempted by

They have just reduced the price by about £50 which is what sold it for me! and if you use sportsbikeshop you're helping the forum :mrgreen:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/497156/#/27907,3203,1186

They have just reduced the price by about £50 which is what sold it for me! and if you use sportsbikeshop you're helping the forum :mrgreen:

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/497156/#/27907,3203,1186

:lol: Not happening atm, I’ve just bought a pricey tablet and a pair of headphones. I’m cleaned out for a few months now!

:lol: Not happening atm, I’ve just bought a pricey tablet and a pair of headphones. I’m cleaned out for a few months now!

Well when the forum runs out of money don't blame me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well when the forum runs out of money don't blame me :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can always pimp out [mention]Tiggie[/mention] and [mention]Bender[/mention] :thumb:

First Solvol on the pipes today.....it's going to be a long, hard job!

But I've Triple Waxed all the paintwork......and that's looking pretty good now. Apart from a few stupid scuffs on a side panel. The twat even managed to scuff the seat as well!

Bought some extra security chains from TS picking them up later along with a cover from J & S, then all set to get Bridget(CG125) moved to the front and start getting some usage out of her over the coming months :thumb:

Finally got that shit wax off the chain and sprockets.......took me a bloody hour.

This is half way through......you can see what's done and what isn't.

1.thumb.jpg.4f3f342d88050bbe07c73a8b0c9fec89.jpg

And the end result......absolutely clean and immersed in Castrol Racing Lube.

Now running smoothly.......hell of a difference to what it was with that wax!

2.thumb.jpg.cdc5cdfd2f018c689c46b0db8389ae57.jpg

Finally got that shit wax off the chain and sprockets.......took me a bloody hour.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hi XT is it a split link or an o ring

1.jpg

2.jpg

Hi XT is it a split link or an o ring

O Ring and endless.