The I parked my bike next to closed down places thread

goat

Inspired by the great El Casules [mention]XTreme[/mention], I though we half arsed layabouts could have a thread for when we do finally go out and inevitably park next to something closed down. Here I am today parked next to an old petrol station on a slight slope for the full adventure.

IMG_20201007_112857.thumb.jpg.78becaaa3c5d870f82b42cad995c7bf4.jpg

IMG_20190906_150246068_HDR.jpg

The old Severn crossing before the first bridge was built.

Great!

I can remember going across there in the early 60's on the Ferry before they built the bridge!

There used to be a decent pub there apparently but it's long been closed. Can't even blame Covid for that! Once the bridge opened it was very much at the end of the road although I'd have thought the troops from the nearby barracks may have kept it going but apparently not.

Went out for a couple of church tags & found this:

71C74317-CDE8-486D-B90E-18B19CCB4E49.jpeg

Dunno why it’s all boarded up, but it’s been replaced by this:

79C00482-F365-41BE-9EEB-E707E9F08409.jpeg

Did you see the War Memorial ? Besides those who died in service I believe it also commemorates those killed by a direct hit on a nearby shelter .

Went out for a couple of church tags & found this:

71C74317-CDE8-486D-B90E-18B19CCB4E49.jpeg

Dunno why it’s all boarded up, but it’s been replaced by this:

79C00482-F365-41BE-9EEB-E707E9F08409.jpeg

Did you see the War Memorial ? Besides those who died in service I believe it also commemorates those killed by a direct hit on a nearby shelter .

No, but I will return some time to pay my respects, thanks.

Not quite on topic but worth a mention . Still in use but might as well be abandoned due to the almost total absence of traffic is the B7076 / B7078 road in Scotland . Much of this road, that runs from Carlisle to Glasgow , consists of the old A74 that has been reduced to a single carriageway .I've ridden it a number of times now and I still find it intriguing . Have a read . https://www.roads.org.uk/articles/b7076-and-b7078