Bar End Mirrors

Ehcbr125

Hi Guys,

I was a member previously but have lost log in details!

I have a Honda CBR125r. It has no mirrors on at the moment, I have one stock mirror but it will not fit, I think the thread is no good maybe.

I’ll need to get some bar end mirrors but it’s not clear what fitting I would need as I have hollow handlebars.

I wondered if any of you could point me in the right direction.

Cheers Emma

Hi Emma and welcome (again :) )

If the problem is the thread you can easily fix it with something like helicoil for a cheaper fix

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TR-TOOLROCK-131pcs-Thread-Helicoil/dp/B087LWQMR9/ref=asc_df_B087LWQMR9/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=430933670800&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14381978366265656472&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046883&hvtargid=pla-920859034729&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=102658916800&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=430933670800&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14381978366265656472&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046883&hvtargid=pla-920859034729

or the more expensive, better quality wurth time sert.

It will make it easier to tell you which are your options if you post a couple pics of what you have and where you want to fit it.

Keep in mind that it is illegal to ride a bike without mirrors.

If you check out Bar End Mirrors on eBay you will see that the majority of them are described as universal which usually means that they come with a choice of inserts . So there you go , choose whatever style you like . Personally I think they look crap so repairing your thread with a Thread Chaser or a Helicoil Kit might be worth considering . By the way , it wouldn't happen to be a left hand thread would it ?

If you check out Bar End Mirrors on eBay you will see that the majority of them are described as universal which usually means that they come with a choice of inserts . So there you go , choose whatever style you like . Personally I think they look crap so repairing your thread with a Thread Chaser or a Helicoil Kit might be worth considering . By the way , it wouldn't happen to be a left hand thread would it ?

Meh, I liked mine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352953410493

Works fine, expands in the bar, sorted.

Hi Emma and welcome (again :) )

If the problem is the thread you can easily fix it with something like helicoil for a cheaper fix

https://www.amazon.co.uk/TR-TOOLROCK-131pcs-Thread-Helicoil/dp/B087LWQMR9/ref=asc_df_B087LWQMR9/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=430933670800&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14381978366265656472&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046883&hvtargid=pla-920859034729&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=102658916800&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=430933670800&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14381978366265656472&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046883&hvtargid=pla-920859034729

or the more expensive, better quality wurth time sert.

It will make it easier to tell you which are your options if you post a couple pics of what you have and where you want to fit it.

Hi Thanks I’ve looked at those and it’s actually cheaper to buy bar end mirrors

Here are a couple of pictures though so you can see where I’d want the mirrors.

827BF79A-DD9D-489A-8180-EBBA53EB4654.jpeg.3bc7c780b8ac946c6647d038570fa52d.jpeg

F9AE5332-D8C2-4DF3-A3FB-4AC16CC3FC15.thumb.jpeg.0d892e6bb65c0f23af334e7402c723f3.jpeg

Thank you. I don’t think they’re that clear on there are they. Each to their own I just think they look tidier.

Forgive me if I sound silly but it’s both the right hand and left hand. To be honest I’m not even sure it’s the thread. Previous owner removed the original mirrors and I assume rode without any. Replaced them with some crappy alloy cover screws and now they won’t unscrew. Its almost like they’ve melted in there or something. I have a spare mirror. It’s a right hand one and when I did manage to get the cover screws out the mirror just won’t go but I won’t lie the thread looks okay so I’m lost.

Meh, I liked mine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/352953410493

Works fine, expands in the bar, sorted.

Thank you. They are actually perfect. Exactly the shape I wanted too!

Thank you. I don’t think they’re that clear on there are they. Each to their own I just think they look tidier.

Forgive me if I sound silly but it’s both the right hand and left hand. To be honest I’m not even sure it’s the thread. Previous owner removed the original mirrors and I assume rode without any. Replaced them with some crappy alloy cover screws and now they won’t unscrew. Its almost like they’ve melted in there or something. I have a spare mirror. It’s a right hand one and when I did manage to get the cover screws out the mirror just won’t go but I won’t lie the thread looks okay so I’m lost.

Left hand thread means they tighten the opposite way (counter clockwise) so lefty tighty if that makes sense. Got a feeling my old bandit mirrors were left hand thread but might have imagined that.

Was under the impression mirrors are not legally required on a bike? Happy to be told I'm wrong as usual of course 😁

Was under the impression mirrors are not legally required on a bike? Happy to be told I'm wrong as usual of course 😁

No you're not wrong, don't need them legally :thumb:

i had bar end mirrors fitted to mine, think they look much better than standard ones, and i can see much more , no elbows in the way :thumb:

Guest Swagman

Are you sure that the mirror you have tried is the same size thread, it could be that it is smaller than the original ones so would feel loose in the hole and not tighten up. :D

Left hand thread means they tighten the opposite way (counter clockwise) so lefty tighty if that makes sense. Got a feeling my old bandit mirrors were left hand thread but might have imagined that.

Ahh okay I get you now. It’s usually lefty loosey, righty tighty haha but no it’s as it usually would be

No they’re not but I didn’t like to say anything

i had bar end mirrors fitted to mine, think they look much better than standard ones, and i can see much more , no elbows in the way :thumb:

Yeah I’m sold on them to be fair makes the bike look less buggy

Are you sure that the mirror you have tried is the same size thread, it could be that it is smaller than the original ones so would feel loose in the hole and not tighten up. :D

If anything they’d be bigger but it’s an original Honda mirror for that bike so I’m not sure.