Replacing wheel bearing

husoi

Last year while doing a thorough service on my Pan I have really struggled to replace the wheel bearings.

Tried making my own tool which didn't work and ended up welding a rod inside the bearings and beat the life out of them to get them off.

Today I've come across this video, Brazilian like Cuban and other citizens of less wealthy countries frequently have to make up their own tools.

Although most of you won't understand what the guy is saying the video is clear enough to understand how this tool is made.

If you need me to translate any part of it (or any of his videos) let me know :thumb:

Disclaimer: the video contains flashing images :)

I've never had a problem with wheel bearings . Just stick a suitable drift ( Metal rod ) half way through the wheel and tank it from side to side to dislodge the spacer then get the edge just onto the bearing and give it one almighty blow with a big lump hammer . Then go to the opposite side and repeat. Keep checking that the bearing is coming out level and hit it accordingly . Once one is out the other one is easy . Just don't be afraid to really twat it one . The only thing I use a slide hammer for is getting the baffles out of the Harley and even then there is usually blood and tears .