Best bag for motorcycle riding, if any?

Hi all. I’ve been looking into getting a motorcycle touring backpack with back support, but with the prices they go for I’m starting to think I may as well get a GoRuck bag.

Does anyone have an opinion which one would be best for long distance motorcycle touring?

Edited by Maveper

I wouldn't wear any kind of Back Pack except for going to the shops . I like my touring luggage strapped to the bike or in the form of panniers .

As [mention]fastbob[/mention] says you're better off with something on the bike not your back.

After 30min it will feel like a tonne of bricks and you will be tired a lot quicker.

Let the bike carry it for you instead.

Yup. Bags are fine to carry a packed lunch or a fleece for a couple of hours, but I wouldn't want to use one to carry your stuff for touring

I reckon a tail bag is the perfect thing for a lightweight trip. As long as you're not camping, you can stuff in enough for a week away, and it won't add an inch to the width of the bike.

I’ve had one of these for a while now.

Great value for money.

Strap it on the back seat sideways and away you go

You can get bigger if needed.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264743708496

Hi I bought one of those bags recently and very pleased with it even in last weekends rain.

20200927_152554.thumb.jpg.073cca79c57b2c5e72f812f18685d091.jpg20200927_150307.thumb.jpg.00d8925b68a75c7cc847eb7d4c3482f0.jpg

Cheers

Ian

I got mine from Sports Direct for a few quid and it's served me very well . No name but strong and waterproof with a mesh compartment in the lid for small items .

Polish_20201008_100315592.thumb.jpg.d7e05ce4e88a36b55be5cd752d4f32b7.jpg

Lomo. A wetsuit/kayaking/diving company whose owner is a biker. Cheap, robust, lots of choice and very waterproof;

https://www.lomo.co.uk/acatalog/Motorcycle-Motorbike-Dry-bags-Accessories.html

Thats the one I got and wished I had seen it before.

Cheap and effective.

Cheers

Ian

I wouldn't wear any kind of Back Pack except for going to the shops . I like my touring luggage strapped to the bike or in the form of panniers .

I agree accept even going to the shops imagine the damage a tin of beans could do or glass jar if you went for a slide :shock: ...

Says he who puts a back pack on to go to work, with plastic sandwich box in :oops:

I agree accept even going to the shops imagine the damage a tin of beans could do or glass jar if you went for a slide :shock: ...

Says he who puts a back pack on to go to work, with plastic sandwich box in :oops:

I believe that some motorcycle back packs incorporate a back protector . But you are right , it's a terrible risk to take . Says he who rode from Hinckley with a pair of handlebars complete with switches and levers sticking out of a rucksack . 🤭

Kreiga do amazing rucksacks and with the harness system you really don’t feel restricted by it or the weight unless it’s seriously heavy. I also use it for day hiking and when travelling (pre-Covid) as my carry on as it’s that good! They also do a selection of sizes to fit your needs and you can attach the smaller dry bags they do to increase the storage which again works great when travelling for light stuff.

I used one for 10 days of enduro in northern Vietnam, carrying a good amount of my stuff for 8 hours a day in the mountains without any problems. Fell off plenty of times and some at speed and I didn’t land directly on it once as my shoulders and hips took the brunt of the falls, I’m guessing I was lucky every time.

I probably wouldn’t carry glass in it other than around town speeds but if I had an accident at 70+mph I think the rucksack would be the least of my worries.