Strange police behaviour

Davidtav

I had something similar a few years back. Except I was on a push bike coming up to a speed camera and I was determined to set it off. The coppers spotted what I was up to and were killing themselves laughing when I managed to trigger it.

You can't ne done for speeding

You could have been charged with cycling furiously to which camera evidence and police witnesses could have attested too, it only carries a maximum 2years sentence 😁

I know you can't be done for speeding on a push bike, nor can you be done for being drunk. A mate was stopped by the police whilst riding home from the pub and they used the Victorian law of riding furiously on the public highway. Unless you are a clergyman and then you can quote the offences against the person act 1861 which states that is an offence to obstruct a clergyman in the performance of their duties...even if they are drunk in charge of a bicycle and going too fast.

There are some great antique offences, I still love S4 vagrancy act 1824 a good old Georgian offence of being on enclosed premises for unlawful purpose. An Act for the Punishment of idle and disorderly Persons, and Rogues and Vagabonds, in England.